3 D PRINTING

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
Tonyb66

3 D PRINTING

Post by Tonyb66 »

HI THERE , BIT DIFFERENT BUT IVE ASKED MOST OF MY MATES AND NONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT IT . HAS ANYONE EVER HAD AN ITEM SCANNED AND PRINTED . WONDERED IF IT WAS POSSIBLE TO JUST HAND OVER AN ITEM AND HAVE IT REPRODUCED RELATIVLY CHEAPLY. I WAS THINKING OF THE BLACK PLASTIC FACIA/SURROUND ON A LEARJET 8 TRACK THAT MORE OFTEN THAN NOT IS MISSING . TIA ANTHONY
Grant

Re: 3 D PRINTING

Post by Grant »

TonyBamBoneyTiddlyOnyFieFoneyImage.. That isn't the 3D printer TonyImage.. If he doesn't answer this posting soon ping Francis a Pinger, he is on here as Frankoid.. he's had some bits done in Kent somewhere, it was some old fashioned knobs from a radio-gramme.. they came out wicked and from memory it wasn't expensive, I think £60 for a set of knobs.. the old fashioned type-ones, pointy things :P, "Slide together Slide together Pointy Toes"Image .. Go ahead.. do your thing RomeoImage
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
"Monkey Man"sig RegistrarImage
RichardGibson
JOC Scotland Rep

Post by RichardGibson »

Hi Tony
My younger brother is a professor at a university in Holland whose PhD is in robotics but his latest area of interest is in 3D printing.
I was talking to him last Sunday and he reckons that most materials can be use for printing with the correct equipment, plastics and metals.
I will ask if he has any commercial contacts.

Regards
Richard
Frankoid

Post by Frankoid »

I have had some knobs 3D printed, very successfully too! I imagine a back-plate would be easy too , if you have an original to copy. The ones I had done were all in uniform colours though, and not chromed. I think the Lear jet back plate is just black also..
adamfschr

Post by adamfschr »

I've 3D printed the body for the courtesy light on my passenger door and brake reservoir cap on dads SP, also looking to print a cambelt cover when I've got the model finished.

Adam
Adam Fischer
Jensen Healey MkI - TGU 120L
Tonyb66

Post by Tonyb66 »

Hvae added two pics , 200mm x 80mm roughly, did they scan them and print and any idea roughly what you think it would cost,cheers Anthony
Attachments
IMG_6707.JPG
IMG_6707.JPG (76.88 KiB) Viewed 3672 times
IMG_6706.JPG
IMG_6706.JPG (87.85 KiB) Viewed 3672 times
Tonyb66

Post by Tonyb66 »

feel free to send me phone nos, company names you`d recommend ,cheers Anthony
colin7673
now normal...

Post by colin7673 »

Tonyb66 wrote:HI THERE , BIT DIFFERENT BUT IVE ASKED MOST OF MY MATES AND NONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT IT . HAS ANYONE EVER HAD AN ITEM SCANNED AND PRINTED . WONDERED IF IT WAS POSSIBLE TO JUST HAND OVER AN ITEM AND HAVE IT REPRODUCED RELATIVLY CHEAPLY. I WAS THINKING OF THE BLACK PLASTIC FACIA/SURROUND ON A LEARJET 8 TRACK THAT MORE OFTEN THAN NOT IS MISSING . TIA ANTHONY
PM sent
Only working half a day now.
http://www.jensensontour.co.uk
Tonyb66

Post by Tonyb66 »

Cheers Colin

Return to “General Discussion”