Engine Number to Chassis number request

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
Grant

Engine Number to Chassis number request

Post by Grant »

Peeps-Those of you lucky people with the brilliant Richy Calvers data bookImage.. Can someone look up for me what was the original engine number for the Mk2 Interceptor Chassis number 123- 4086 please?.. many thanks in advance to the 1st come 1st served :lol:
GrantImage
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
"Monkey Man"sig RegistrarImage
Chris_R
JOC General Secretary

Re: Engine Number to Chassis number request

Post by Chris_R »

Is that your car then Grant? J2086/123G
Chris
JOC Member 6116
--------------------------------------------------
Grant

Post by Grant »

Chris_R wrote:Is that your car then Grant? J2086/123G
Thank you ChrisImage.. I thought it maybe your good-self that came to the rescueImage, No, it's not mineImage, it's a friend of mine, but it seems that the engine number in the car is GF1183702, but that doesn't seem to be a Jensen number does it?.. do you recognize that sort of sequence Chris or understand the number GF1183702 please?Image
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
Chris_R
JOC General Secretary

Post by Chris_R »

Nope.
Chris
JOC Member 6116
--------------------------------------------------
cannonball

Post by cannonball »

THE LAST 6 NUMBERS WOULD BE CHRYSLERS LAST 6 OFF THE CARS VIN, THE LETTERS BEFORE ARE ENGINE SIZE CI ANDTHE PLANT THE CAR WAS BUILT AT, BUT YOU SEEM TO HAVE 7 NUMBERS IT SHOULD BE ONLY SIX,,
WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, 07974 088375,
CLOBBER THE COMPETITION
Grant

Post by Grant »

cannonball wrote:THE LAST 6 NUMBERS WOULD BE CHRYSLERS LAST 6 OFF THE CARS VIN, THE LETTERS BEFORE ARE ENGINE SIZE CI ANDTHE PLANT THE CAR WAS BUILT AT, BUT YOU SEEM TO HAVE 7 NUMBERS IT SHOULD BE ONLY SIX,,
Thanks DuncManImage.. I guess it must have had an engine swap in a previous marriage thenImage
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
MikeWilliams
Early Cars Expert

Post by MikeWilliams »

Grant, with over 3,000 posts on here isn't it about time you greased Mr.Calver's hand? There may be a few secondhand copies of the first edition available now that the newer and BIGGER version is out there.

Mike
Mike
(former JOC Early Cars Registrar)
(former owner of 116/3328 and P66)
Still own 1938 Jensen HL1 drophead
Grant

Post by Grant »

MikeWilliams wrote:Grant, with over 3,000 posts on here isn't it about time you greased Mr.Calver's hand? There may be a few secondhand copies of the first edition available now that the newer and BIGGER version is out there.
Mike
You are totally correct there Mike..I actually miss not having one & have never even had one to missImage.. The next one that comes up for sale I'll buyImage.. do you want to sell your one Mike?Image
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
cannonball

Post by cannonball »

MikeWilliams wrote:Grant, with over 3,000 posts on here isn't it about time you greased Mr.Calver's hand? There may be a few secondhand copies of the first edition available now that the newer and BIGGER version is out there.

Mike
He is a tight bugger saves his stash for steering wheels and two barrel carbs, he knows he can ask for the info he needs without buying the bibles, :wink: :D :D :D
CLOBBER THE COMPETITION
Grant

Post by Grant »

cannonball wrote: He is a tight bugger saves his stash for steering wheels and two barrel carbs, he knows he can ask for the info he needs without buying the bibles, :wink: :D :D :D
The thing is I only ever need the bible to help other people.. It's not like I change my Jensens regularly, having said that I would like one but I can't afford £400 odd for a new copy to help others.. I have put a wanted ad up so lets see what comes up.. and for you Dunc & your comments you get>>Image& when I come to see you again this will be me>>Image
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
cannonball

Post by cannonball »

Grant wrote:
cannonball wrote: He is a tight bugger saves his stash for steering wheels and two barrel carbs, he knows he can ask for the info he needs without buying the bibles, :wink: :D :D :D
The thing is I only ever need the bible to help other people.. It's not like I change my Jensens regularly, having said that I would like one but I can't afford £400 odd for a new copy to help others.. I have put a wanted ad up so lets see what comes up.. and for you Dunc & your comments you get>>Image& when I come to see you again this will be me>>Image

You are a bugger Grant,,lovin the emogies :wink: :wink: :wink: can,t afford :shock: :shock: :shock:
CLOBBER THE COMPETITION
Grant

Post by Grant »

MikeWilliams wrote:Grant, with over 3,000 posts on here isn't it about time you greased Mr.Calver's hand? There may be a few secondhand copies of the first edition available now that the newer and BIGGER version is out there. Mike
I took you up on your suggestion Mike.. thank you for prompting me MikeImage
>>>
Copy.JPG
Copy.JPG (193.67 KiB) Viewed 5518 times
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
jglarkin

Post by jglarkin »

Is that actually the book or just a nice picture of proper Jensens? (Those overalls look ‘awfully’ clean Grant, they look like they could do with a good oiling, I always keep mine well-oiled). :D
Jon
C-V8 112-2355
541rr 3624319

https://www.flickr.com/photos/62752698@N06/albums
"The renovation story" (a large collection of rubbish pictures of a rotten car).
Grant

Post by Grant »

jglarkin wrote:Is that actually the book or just a nice picture of proper Jensens? (Those overalls look ‘awfully’ clean Grant, they look like they could do with a good oiling, I always keep mine well-oiled). :D
Hello JohnImage.. I have 3 pairs and wash them everyday in my barn washing machie@60deg after wearing them that dayImage, I wear nutrile gloves on and off all day and still wash my hands at regular intervals John, I've been to seek help and they look at me as if I am a looneyImage, I always promptly leave the roomImage knowing that they are the looneys, I then drew this picture or sketch John to express my feelings of these head doctors >>>
>>>
somoppys.jpg
somoppys.jpg (175.16 KiB) Viewed 5480 times
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
Chris_R
JOC General Secretary

Post by Chris_R »

You're unique Grant! :roll: :lol:
Chris
JOC Member 6116