Full page article Jensen Intercept/Cropredy Sunday Telegraph

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
Fishyboy

Full page article Jensen Intercept/Cropredy Sunday Telegraph

Post by Fishyboy »

Hi All,
Full page article in today's Sunday Telegraph (10/11/2019) Motoring section on Jensen Interceptor and Copredy Bridge. Matthew Guilliard-Watts of Copredy suggests Vignale cars (FF's?) might reach £500,000 "one day".

Great publicity for the marque.

Can't find a online version but you might be able to read from the attached photo.

Phil
Attachments
IMG_4842.JPG
IMG_4842.JPG (119.39 KiB) Viewed 7203 times
Last edited by Fishyboy on Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joint Southern Area Rep
J.O.C. Member 10659
1956 Jensen 541 95-5633
1961 Austin Healey 3000 BT7
1961 Volvo 131 Amazon - a Survivor
1968 Volvo 1800S
1969 Mk II Interceptor 123/3588
cannonball

Re: Full page article Jensen Intecept/Copready Sunday Telegr

Post by cannonball »

Well no disrespect to them and good on them for dreaming but its not reality, I propose they will do nothing now but lose money, think about it a price boom in the late 80,s early nineties, brought Jensen prices up then the market collapsed all those big money Jensens got put under tarps for 25 yrs rotted to hell and became nr worthless, then what 2013-14 another price boom Jensen prices once more came up to a level nearly to what they should actually be worth, then once again maybe 14 months ago the classic market is wounded again and guess what Jensens get hit the worst, they will all go back under tarps because once again restoration will not be viable = cost to much versus the cars worth, and do not think well so what wait until around 2045 prices will go up with another classic car boom, it wont ever happen again, all the wankkkkerss/people in power do not want petrol cars any more they will ultimately be outlawed museum machines and worth very little as they wont be much use to anyone,i imagine our kids/grandkids will go around museums looking at petrol cars and saying remember my grandad talking about these petrol car things and what fun it all was pretty much like how we look at penny farthing bikes and 1800-somethings steam vehicles, its gonna go people,

its not all bad getting old :shock: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, 07974 088375,
CLOBBER THE COMPETITION
kenny38

Re: Full page article Jensen Intecept/Copredy Sunday Telegra

Post by kenny38 »

Hi, Cannonball. I choked on my wheeties when i read your spittle soaked rant. You are a complete cynic. Are you saying my SP (sort of) is not worth 200K? your money.
You have a good point about eventually all petrol cars will go to the tip or museums. I could lose my Jensen tomorrow if the fire gets to me (bush fires) state of emergency declared for NSW. We have to get out if ordered but I intend to stay and watch my house with a hose/s. Wife and dogs go to town. It may of course never happen. Croperdy is paying for a PR page. Now on this topic my Jensen has not got the original engine having been replaced with a better one 28 years ago. Now runs a 780 Holley on a 400 torker. Question is .....if not now an SP(??) even though vin/chassis is 131.......
does it matter if I put webers on as i like the noise. No one likes the 6 pack anyway as it is "outdated, antiquated" and only miserable gits from Crewe like them...so am told. What if anything do you think during your porridge time? Discuss. 8) Kenny38
Steve Payne
MASSIVE RED CARD
MASSIVE RED CARD

Post by Steve Payne »

As much as I do agree using our cars in the future is going to change I think Cannonball's view is worse case.

There are over 30 million ICE powered vehicles on the UK's roads and there is no way our National Grid can cope with charging that many vehicles .

I think what we will end up with a lot of Electric vehicles used for town and short runs and the rest will be Hybrid's. If this is the case Petrol and what ever other fuel we are loud to use will still be available for a lot longer than 2050.

As the volume of Classics is small compared with rest and the Government seem to look favourably on us maybe we will be aloud to carry on use them as we do now but it will probably just cost a lot more than it does now due to increases in the price of fuel.

Steve
JOC official Lightning engineer
felixkk

Post by felixkk »

How to make your own gasoline :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKjEgHv5jbw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Seriously though, I just read somewhere that here in Switzerland one prognosis is that by 2040 1/2 of the new car sales will be electric cars, the other half being ICE.
HOWTOMAKEYOUROWNGASOLINE.jpg
HOWTOMAKEYOUROWNGASOLINE.jpg (336.58 KiB) Viewed 7073 times
Felix Kistler
C-V8 112/2454, 541DL 2223849
JOC 9465
Secretary/VP JCC Jensen Car Club of Switzerland

www.jcc.ch / office@jcc.ch
Joerg
JOC Early Cars Registrar

Post by Joerg »

I bought 10.000 Liter aircraft fuel A100 ( has a lot of lead and 105 octane ) that could be stored for a very long time - hope that keep me rolling some time :D ( yes I now it’s only for 25.000 miles ).
I own some of the odd Jensen 8)
cannonball

Post by cannonball »

Joerg will have a mad max SP and CV8 :shock: :D :D :D :D :D
CLOBBER THE COMPETITION
felixkk

Post by felixkk »

Joerg wrote:I bought 10.000 Liter aircraft fuel A100 ( has a lot of lead and 105 octane ) that could be stored for a very long time - hope that keep me rolling some time :D ( yes I now it’s only for 25.000 miles ).
That's what I call true commitment :shock: :lol:
Felix Kistler
JOC 9465

johnw

Post by johnw »

felixkk wrote:How to make your own gasoline :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKjEgHv5jbw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Seriously though, I just read somewhere that here in Switzerland one prognosis is that by 2040 1/2 of the new car sales will be electric cars, the other half being ICE.
HOWTOMAKEYOUROWNGASOLINE.jpg
A few years back, you could buy the tetra whatever on ebay to make it work well, or at least you could then. :shock: Not very safe though.
Then there is the option to convert to Diesel and run off heating oil which would be around for ages. The chemist that did it was saying you could use all sorts of garbage, old engine oil, old fruit etc to help costs.

Look at horses. People still use them a lot. Big business, DNA profiling at stud farms in Germany, etc. So in my brave new world, FF will be the biggie, £1m+ for the wealthy few, wide wheel arches, raised, used on grass tracks and off road courses, dominating the sport like nothing else can, grass track tyres, 383 roaring through open pipes... Kind of Dukes of Hazard meets Simon Templar style. Wannabies will have to make do with Range Rovers.

Interceptors will be all converted to manual, plexiglass windows, racing seats, Original interiors will be copied and used as luxus drive in movie themes rooms/driving simulators, in the very small houses/flats we are forced to live in. CV8's will be king of the roost on tracks. Jensens are very rare beasts in the world of billions of cars and billions of people. The Dukes of Hazzard have made these Mopars legendary, and in a world where it is a crime to make a new ICE and all old Mopars are being bored out and resleeved repeatedly, Jensens will be like they were in the 60s. The Holy Grail.
Last edited by johnw on Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Have you seen our stolen Jensen FF 119/011 https://twitter.com/jensenffdotcom
cannonball

Post by cannonball »

kenny38 wrote:Hi, Cannonball. I choked on my wheeties when i read your spittle soaked rant. You are a complete cynic. Are you saying my SP (sort of) is not worth 200K? your money.
You have a good point about eventually all petrol cars will go to the tip or museums. I could lose my Jensen tomorrow if the fire gets to me (bush fires) state of emergency declared for NSW. We have to get out if ordered but I intend to stay and watch my house with a hose/s. Wife and dogs go to town. It may of course never happen. Croperdy is paying for a PR page. Now on this topic my Jensen has not got the original engine having been replaced with a better one 28 years ago. Now runs a 780 Holley on a 400 torker. Question is .....if not now an SP(??) even though vin/chassis is 131.......
does it matter if I put webers on as i like the noise. No one likes the 6 pack anyway as it is "outdated, antiquated" and only miserable gits from Crewe like them...so am told. What if anything do you think during your porridge time? Discuss. 8) Kenny38
Still an SP in my book Kenny my old lad, 131 or 138 vin = SP, webers would be cool, ask old Grant he makes love over severall sets hidden under his bed every few months when he gets time, :wink:
CLOBBER THE COMPETITION
colin7673
now normal...

Post by colin7673 »

If they have had an engine that can run on water, in the early 60s, when everybody thinks the world will end, the oil companies will be the saver of combustion engine, because, just on this country alone,we do not have to power stations to have the same amount of electrical cars on the road as we have petrol, diesel now, and let's not forget, taxis, buses, lorrys, aeroplanes, helicopters, water pumps in water pumping stations, the list is so long.
This country alone has for many years under invested as have others, wind power is a start but not the saver.
Only working half a day now.
http://www.jensensontour.co.uk
Chris_R
JOC General Secretary

Post by Chris_R »

This is going way off topic but just following up on Colin's comment the numbers are simply mind boggling and I just cannot imagine how we will get there.
Britain's electricity demand is currently about 320TWh (Terrawatt hours) per year. Already I find that incomprehensible as I cannot imagine how much energy that is.
As a snapshot as I write this, 30% is coming from renewables (wind, biomass, solar etc.), 14% from nuclear and we're importing 10% from France (nuclear), Netherlands etc. The rest is coming from gas, coal and a little bit of hydro power. But this is just our current electricity demand.
If we stop using gas and convert all our domestic heating and cooking to electricity that 320TWh will increase by a third. And that's before we even start on transport. I have seen figures that say electricity demand would almost double if electricity will be needed to fuel our transport needs and an investment of €400 billion.
It's easy for the climate change protagonists to say that we should stop using fossil fuels but just looking at these numbers I really cannot begin to imagine where all the electricity will come from short of covering every spare inch of land with wind turbines and hoping the wind will always blow and so far no one has really answered that question. Not only will we have to more than double our renewable capability just for current electricity demand but then we have to add at least another 3 times as much again.
In the meantime I'll just enjoy the Jensen although I suspect that in around 20 years time or even less the use of petrol or diesel in cars will be socially unacceptable. The average lifespan of a car is around 13.5 years so most of the new petrol/diesel cars being registered today will be already off the road in 15 years. I read the other day that VW are investing €34 billion in their electric car technology and new electric models and with that kind of investment (and similar amounts by the other big manufacturers) I think the rate of take-up of electric cars will accelerate ever more quickly as limitations of range and recharging time are overcome and the prices come down to comparable with current petrol/diesel powered cars.
Also with the advent of smarter technology we may even be banned from certain roads if the car cannot "connect" to the road. Already, from 2022 Intelligent Speed Assist will be mandatory for all new cars in the EU (and even if we leave the EU the UK has said we will follow the new regulations, especially as this was driven through in the EU by the UK!) which will prevent any new car from exceeding the speed limit although initially it will be possible to override it by the driver but you can already see what will happen to insurances if there is an accident and the driver has overridden the speed limiter. Data loggers will also be fitted to track the systems. I can see it won't be long after that before the override option will be removed and for new cars exceeding the speed limits will not be possible.
On the positive side, I do think though that our hobby will have a positive future albeit perhaps with a bit less freedom to go where we want, when we want. Cars will be ever more "boring" and electric and I think many people will be keen to see old technology still in use. People not yet born will be fascinated to see internal combustion engines running, to hear and smell them, to see how motoring in the early 21st century used to be! I'm not sure we will be able to continue to use petrol or diesel, I think we'll need to go to a carbon neutral alternative fuel and for that I think ethanol will provide the answer. It is carbon neutral, it is portable in a fuel tank like petrol and it is combustible like petrol and internal combustion engines can be run on it. Some works will obviously be needed to prepare cars to use it but apart from that, it could provide the solution to using our cars in an otherwise electric world.
Chris
JOC Member 6116
--------------------------------------------------
Steve Payne
MASSIVE RED CARD
MASSIVE RED CARD

Post by Steve Payne »

I believe Brazil has pure Ethanol fuel at there pumps already and has done for many years. How practical it is to turn so much agricultural land over to growing crops for this I don't know here in Europe.

My guess is they will dilute fossil fuels down with Ethanol more and more until an expectable balance is found.

As much as the Greens and the environmentalist want the use of Fossil fuel to stop I expect the economies of the world will take more importance unless a viable alternative is found. Air travel comes to mind as something that will have to be restricted or cleaned up. There was something on the news recently about the amount of carbon air travel produces. The numbers were huge, something like 100g per person per km flown. When you think there are approximately half a million people flying all the time no wonder we have a problem.

Steve
JOC official Lightning engineer
Grant

Post by Grant »

cannonball wrote:
kenny38 wrote: does it matter if I put webers on as i like the noise.
Webers would be cool, ask old Grant
I made this intake for a set of 3 Downdrafts Weber 42's, we designed them to feed this 440 running the outboard 2 sets together using both chokes in each from idle and then at the middle pair to come in around 4k revs and pull it around to 5.5K revs.. I can adjust the time the centre one comes into play.. but.. I am a little suspect about the height still thoughImage >>>
>>>
001.JPG
001.JPG (175.91 KiB) Viewed 6975 times
>>>
002.JPG
002.JPG (193.12 KiB) Viewed 6975 times
>>>
004.JPG
004.JPG (151.5 KiB) Viewed 6975 times
>>>
006.JPG
006.JPG (145.27 KiB) Viewed 6975 times
>>>[/b]
The reason why is because I love these Weber carbs and collect them.. I need to use them on something :lol:
Image here's a few as Dunc said from under the bed!! :oops: >>>
>>
023.JPG
023.JPG (187.76 KiB) Viewed 6975 times
>>>
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
"Monkey Man"sig RegistrarImage
felixkk

Post by felixkk »

That's what I like about this forum, within one thread people making thoughtful posts on the future of our planet while others are simultaneously making equally thoughtful comments on how to make the engine more gung ho... : :D
Felix Kistler
JOC 9465

Return to “General Discussion”