Mk3 at Mathewsons auction 2nd Nov

Jensens Only! Forum automatically deletes unanswered posts after 120 days.
Peter Rothery

Mk3 at Mathewsons auction 2nd Nov

Post by Peter Rothery »

https://mathewsons.co.uk/auctions/aucti ... nterceptor" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Peter Rothery

Re: Mk3 at Mathewsons auction 2nd Nov

Post by Peter Rothery »

...and a second one at the same auction.

https://mathewsons.co.uk/auctions/aucti ... erceptor-2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cannonball

Post by cannonball »

Well they certainly know how to kill Jensen values, :roll: :roll: :roll:
WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, 07974 088375,
CLOBBER THE COMPETITION
Peter Rothery

Post by Peter Rothery »

It always amazes me how the classic car press celebrate how popular "our hobby" is by focussing on the way prices are going through the roof but then also celebrate when the Market is in free-fall because " there are lots of bargains to be had". Everything is rosy in their world whatever happens.....but it sells magazines I guess.
DPP

Post by DPP »

The estimates are ridiculously low, you could break them for parts and make good money at those prices.

It always annoys me when auctioneers value things very low to get lots of excited bidders to the auction.
Dave Pearce
Oily Rag Classics
Jensen FF 119/133
Jensen FF 119/182
Jensen Interceptor III 128/4430
Peter Rothery

Post by Peter Rothery »

We will find out how wrong they can be in only a couple of days. I'm surprised the vendors play along with the auctioneers game if DPP's theory is right.
Michael Richardson

Post by Michael Richardson »

I agree with DPP,and Peter..Who are these people that have entered the market selling classic cars ? Are they the same auction houses that ,ten years ago sold old bits of house furniture. ?
Brightwells..n&m auctions..Charterhouse..Motorhog..Sherbourne..Mathewsons..etc..etc.
What I do see that if they take your classic car in,you will be charged around 5% of the sale price,and the buyer is up for 15% min on top of the hammer figure.
What a great way to make money. No wonder they come up with 'come and buy me' guestimates !
There are too many auctions ,too often,and it is time the owners of our precious motoring heritage had a more effective way of finding a market to pass on the cars to a new carer.....any thoughts how this could happen through the internet ?
peasy

Post by peasy »

Anyone know how much they sold for?
Alex

Southampton

SP 138/8518

Ex
Interceptor II 123/4211
1973 Int 136/8805 (lost to flames)
Dion

Post by Dion »

peasy wrote:Anyone know how much they sold for?
This information can be found on this fantastic site: https://www.glenmarch.com/auctions/results
Sold for very little:
Math res.png
Math res.png (269.36 KiB) Viewed 8302 times
The future ain’t what it used to be.

Interceptor Mk1 LHD & RHD
GT LHD
cannonball

Post by cannonball »

Well old mathewson was on the money, shocking really, its not that long ago the biggest bag of crap rusty rotten seized engine bin interior reef blue interceptor 111 sold for circa 14.5k on the bay. now two that actually look ok driverish cars sell for similar money,, I fckn hate the fact Jensen cars really are the cars that get hurt most when the faith goes from the car market, :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
CLOBBER THE COMPETITION
Dion

Post by Dion »

As a buyer Mathewsons is a good choice for picking up a bargain! But calm down, other auction houses sold Interceptors for much more money. Like these two:

H&H, Oct 16
hh.png
hh.png (86.31 KiB) Viewed 8292 times
Charterhouse, Nov 2
chart.png
chart.png (122.4 KiB) Viewed 8292 times
The future ain’t what it used to be.

Interceptor Mk1 LHD & RHD
GT LHD
cannonball

Post by cannonball »

Dion wrote:As a buyer Mathewsons is a good choice for picking up a bargain! But calm down, other auction houses sold Interceptors for much more money. Like these two:

H&H, Oct 16
hh.png
Charterhouse, Nov 2
chart.png
Think I will stick with the later auction houses then Dion, the other two cars looked utter bargains,
CLOBBER THE COMPETITION
Kirbsogs

Post by Kirbsogs »

Now for sale on ebay

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1974-Jensen- ... SwDL5dzXOW" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Martin Kirby
MK2 Interceptor
Michael Richardson

Post by Michael Richardson »

Now,tell me (as a second hand car dealer for 50 years).. You buy INT III at mathewsons for all up £14781. A couple of days later,you put it out on the bay,possibly thinking you can double your money ?...Well,currently it is at £13300. Correct me if I am wrong,but if someone wants KEH 737 N,then they would have done their homework and would have seen how much it sold for under the hammer,and one or two others as well, You would think that a bloke with say 20K to blow,would be a bit more savvy !
cannonball

Post by cannonball »

Michael Richardson wrote:Now,tell me (as a second hand car dealer for 50 years).. You buy INT III at mathewsons for all up £14781. A couple of days later,you put it out on the bay,possibly thinking you can double your money ?...Well,currently it is at £13300. Correct me if I am wrong,but if someone wants KEH 737 N,then they would have done their homework and would have seen how much it sold for under the hammer,and one or two others as well, You would think that a bloke with say 20K to blow,would be a bit more savvy !

I for one hope the now seller car get 20k for this one he had the balls to buy it at auction good luck to the guy, I hope someone buys my FF for 100k then puts it for sale at 150k like the other two, and gets it,
CLOBBER THE COMPETITION

Return to “Cars For Sale”