FF for Auction - Brightwells

Jensens Only! Forum automatically deletes unanswered posts after 120 days.
RAP72
V8 Lover

FF for Auction - Brightwells

Post by RAP72 »

https://www.brightwells.com/classic-mot ... september/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

not sure if the link will work but

Registration Date1971
Make & ModelJensen FF
ColourRed
Registration NumberMWV 329J
Chassis No.127-276
Engine size6,276 cc
Engine No.3373/127E
DocumentsV5C,
MoT June 2020
Estimate £80,000 - £95,000
cannonball

Re: FF for Auction - Brightwells

Post by cannonball »

RAP72 wrote:https://www.brightwells.com/classic-mot ... september/

not sure if the link will work but

Registration Date1971
Make & ModelJensen FF
ColourRed
Registration NumberMWV 329J
Chassis No.127-276
Engine size6,276 cc
Engine No.3373/127E
DocumentsV5C,
MoT June 2020
Estimate £80,000 - £95,000
Is this the ebay FF that could not muster a bid at 74k ????? The ff market has been killed since that,
WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, 07974 088375,
CLOBBER THE COMPETITION
DPP

Post by DPP »

It would be better if the real price of the car was known the starting bid on ebay was reserve not met and im sure the owner wanted far more for such a nice looking car.
If its half as good as the photos suggest I cant see £100K buying it, even the auction estimate seems on the low side to draw bidders in and could have a higher reserve.

Problem will be now people will only remember a £70K FF that didnt sell.
Dave Pearce
Oily Rag Classics
Jensen FF 119/133
Jensen FF 119/182
Jensen Interceptor III 128/4430
johnw

Post by johnw »

Last time we bid on an FF expecting the reserve to be much higher we won it! :D
There might not be much competition on this one. Would be nice to see it go to an enthusiast.
Have you seen our stolen Jensen FF 119/011 https://twitter.com/jensenffdotcom
montpellier

Post by montpellier »

Looks a nice car.

If there is a photo file of restoration at the auction house could be a great priced car for someone.
Chris_R
JOC General Secretary

Post by Chris_R »

Has also been discussed here: https://www.joc.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=29518" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Chris
JOC Member 6116
--------------------------------------------------
johnw

Post by johnw »

montpellier wrote:Looks a nice car.

If there is a photo file of restoration at the auction house could be a great priced car for someone.
It has had new chassis tubes as I remember, new wings, front panel, mechanical rebuild including engine and transfer box by people experienced in that.. I would suggest prospective people visually check the car out. I have seen the odd picture of the rebuild as well as seeing the car before the engine and interior when back in. It looked like a very thorough job especially impressive was the panel alignment which is something l am going to have to tackle on the car I am working on. I would be surprised if the auctioneers don't have pictures. I didn't see the rebuilt running gear brakes etc. Just bodywork. The new engine bay harness was going in at the time. The foundation work for the build looked a very solid and fully restored shell.
montpellier

Post by montpellier »

johnw wrote:
montpellier wrote:Looks a nice car.

It has had new chassis tubes as I remember, new wings, front panel, mechanical rebuild including engine and transfer box by people experienced in that.. I would suggest prospective people visually check the car out. I have seen the odd picture of the rebuild as well as seeing the car before the engine and interior when back in. It looked like a very thorough job especially impressive was the panel alignment which is something l am going to have to tackle on the car I am working on. I would be surprised if the auctioneers don't have pictures. I didn't see the rebuilt running gear brakes etc. Just bodywork. The new engine bay harness was going in at the time. The foundation work for the build looked a very solid and fully restored shell.
Then it could well be a great priced car, restoration costs on these, as we all know, are strong. So something. in the 80's would be a better buy that someone heading into a full restoration. Market is quiet for all marques right now.
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

Does anyone know a previous owner? A John Hutchinson had a red FF on a J plate. He died within the last year and a Chris Clews bought the car, he is based in the London area.

DavidM
Grant

Post by Grant »

DavidM wrote:Does anyone know a previous owner? A John Hutchinson had a red FF on a J plate. He died within the last year and a Chris Clews bought the car, he is based in the London area.DavidM
Hi David.. No it isn't that car of John Hutchinson that you are referring to :wink:
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
"Monkey Man"sig RegistrarImage
johnw

Post by johnw »

DavidM wrote:Does anyone know a previous owner? A John Hutchinson had a red FF on a J plate. He died within the last year and a Chris Clews bought the car, he is based in the London area.

DavidM
Many people in the club, myself included will have known all the previous owners of this car since Ian Orford of Jensen fame bought it. All the previous owners were very knowledgeable FF types. The description about the car for once is very informative.
Rotor-G

Post by Rotor-G »

Is anyone going to this auction ?
Rotor-G

Post by Rotor-G »

Looks like it sold for £70,000 plus charges
cannonball

Post by cannonball »

Rotor-G wrote:Looks like it sold for £70,000 plus charges

Pitiful for such a nice FF, I guess there really is just no market for these ground breaking cars, :x :x
WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, 07974 088375,
CLOBBER THE COMPETITION
Rotor-G

Post by Rotor-G »

Have FFs really halved in value ?

Return to “Cars For Sale”