Wheeler Dealers Interceptor

Here's where to post photos of your cars. We all want to see your Jensens!
VFK44
Co-Administrator

Re: Wheeler Dealers Interceptor

Post by VFK44 »

Have you preserved the patch in the passenger footwell that was put there by Edd China?
"Now that chassis number is particularly interesting ‘cos it’s the one after the one before, which is the one after mine, not many people know that"
Stephen, Epping, Essex
hhkjames

Post by hhkjames »

:D obviously anything touched by Ed is being treated with great care...
...apart from the rack, which needed doing again!
...oh, and the seats are going to need a going over, again!
and then there's the...
...let's just just say I'll agree to keep the patch, that seems to be holding up nicely!
JOC Member 10891
1971 eType S3 coupe
1966 Chevy C10 Custom
1988 XJS v12 convertible
(ex: 1973 Interceptor Mk3)
kees

Post by kees »

So much for Wheeler Dealers. Lesson: avoid such cars.
Kees Oudesluijs
J-H MkII, 1974
owner of a J-H since 1977
VFK44
Co-Administrator

Post by VFK44 »

It was almost a decade ago, so major deterioration is to be expected. Kudos to Edd for the lasting qualities of his patch.
"Now that chassis number is particularly interesting ‘cos it’s the one after the one before, which is the one after mine, not many people know that"
Stephen, Epping, Essex
kees

Post by kees »

Major deterioration after a good restoration is not expected after 10 years. All they did was a quick tidy up of the car and sell it as a properly sorted car. Same with the Jensen-Healey which was awful.
Kees Oudesluijs
J-H MkII, 1974
hhkjames

Post by hhkjames »

Kees I think to avoid such cars is not the issue. All these superb and rare cars are worth saving.

The issue is the price you pay, and the 'proper' work you do. I'm happy with the price and knowing the car as well as I do now, the show was pretty honest, they did what they did to get the car back up a running and give it a make over, the show didn't suggest it had gone through a restoration journey.

With a restoration ahead, I know what the car is, and because of the show have a good idea of what is was ten years ago. As a newbie Jensen owner, but seasoned classic buyer, it's very unusual to have an hour long video of your car from ten years ago :-)

Now we get the chance to do this well and make this wonderful car all that it be again. I drove it again after weeks of mechanical work to brakes, steering, suspension, carbs, exhaust and ooooooooh... I really know why you love these cars! End of the week coming I'll have it back home and am looking forward to the summer - hopefully August won't be it's usual wet self...
JOC Member 10891
1971 eType S3 coupe
1966 Chevy C10 Custom
1988 XJS v12 convertible
kees

Post by kees »

Avoiding may be a bit to strong, but being a Wheeler Dealers car is not a special recommendation for the work carried out. The "treated" cars are suggestively presented as pristine, which they are not. In many cases they are bodged, as in the case of the Jensen-Healey recently.
Indeed it all depends on the price paid but it most certainly is not worth a premium.
Kees Oudesluijs
J-H MkII, 1974
hhkjames

Post by hhkjames »

kees wrote:Avoiding may be a bit to strong, but being a Wheeler Dealers car is not a special recommendation for the work carried out. The "treated" cars are suggestively presented as pristine, which they are not. In many cases they are bodged, as in the case of the Jensen-Healey recently.
Indeed it all depends on the price paid but it most certainly is not worth a premium.
Kees Oudesluijs

Agreed!
JOC Member 10891
1971 eType S3 coupe
1966 Chevy C10 Custom
1988 XJS v12 convertible

Return to “Members' Cars”