FF or Interceptor at Centre Point building for photo shoot

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
James K

FF or Interceptor at Centre Point building for photo shoot

Post by James K »

Hello all,

I am an architect at MICA Architects, and we are responsible for the redevelopment and refurbishment of Centre Point, and the new public realm around the building. Centre Point was designed originally by Richard Seifert, a well known Swiss-British architect who famously owned a Jensen FF.

https://www.bonhams.com/auctions/24876/lot/341/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://micaarchitects.com/projects/centre-point" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

We have recently completed the refurbishment and are now in the process of taking photographs of the building for our records, using a professional photographer. We would very much like to include a Jensen FF (or an Interceptor) in the photographs of our newly built basement car park, and potentially other locations around the site as a subtle nod to the original architect and his excellent choice of motor.

I am posting this message in the hope that someone on the forum might be interested in allowing their car to be photographed, used in the professional photographs. The photographs can of course be shared, and we would of course reimburse expenses.

The closer we can get to the original car, of course the better.
IMG_20190530_144220.jpg
IMG_20190530_144220.jpg (99.1 KiB) Viewed 4582 times
MICA-CP-066.jpg
MICA-CP-066.jpg (99.81 KiB) Viewed 4582 times
James Kirk for MICA Architects
Grant

Re: FF or Interceptor at Centre Point building for photo sho

Post by Grant »

Hi JamesImage
I did read on a thread here a while ago about Mr Richard Seifert.
You are more than welcome to photograph my Interceptor if you wish, it's not mint like some others are but it looks good in my opinion but I guess I am biasedImage.. It's also not an FF either, but the offers thereImage
Here's a pic if you want to get an ideaImage >>
>>
DSC08193.JPG
DSC08193.JPG (286.42 KiB) Viewed 4562 times
>>>
DSC08179.JPG
DSC08179.JPG (258.56 KiB) Viewed 4562 times
When do you think you may want to do this picture shoot James please?Image
With kind regards.. GrantImage
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
"Monkey Man"sig RegistrarImage
John Staddon
JOC C-V8 Registrar

Post by John Staddon »

It would be great if you could get Harry Hyams' FF there as well, and then there is the FF that Kathleen Hyams won in a raffle but that is probably stretching the connection too far (that one was given to charity). Unfortunately I don't know which FF Harry Hyams owned, but someone might.

John
Early Interceptor INT885347
C-V8 Mk111 112/2334
RAP72
V8 Lover

Post by RAP72 »

what would be good would be a car in each bay
Tonyb66

Post by Tonyb66 »

I think your car looks lovely Grant .
Grant

Post by Grant »

Tonyb66 wrote:I think your car looks lovely Grant .
Hey.. Thank you so much TonyImage,very kind of you to say
soImage, I really love this car, I think it really sits well.. many thanks again Tony for your kind words :wink:... Grant :P
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
KaranMK2
JOC Chairman

Post by KaranMK2 »

Beauty...that’s the car Grant and not you!!!

Karan
cannonball

Post by cannonball »

It does look real nice Grant my old jockey, a touch taller tire would make it perfect,, :wink:
WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, 07974 088375,
CLOBBER THE COMPETITION
Grant

Post by Grant »

cannonball wrote:It does look real nice Grant my old jockey, a touch taller tire would make it perfect,, :wink:
Shall we wack the ballons on it then DuncImage
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
cannonball

Post by cannonball »

Grant wrote:
cannonball wrote:It does look real nice Grant my old jockey, a touch taller tire would make it perfect,, :wink:
Shall we wack the ballons on it then DuncImage
Yes please they were always under tyred :shock: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, 07974 088375,
CLOBBER THE COMPETITION
GregMVF4

Post by GregMVF4 »

Having a few makes sense to me! More than happy to do it :0)
Attachments
IMG_1655.jpg
IMG_1655.jpg (299.07 KiB) Viewed 4393 times
JOC Member 10876

Currently own:
SIII Mk4 Nevis Blue Interceptor. 2018 E63S AMG Estate. 2015 Corvette C7 Z06/07. 1986 BMW 635CSi. 2006 E60 BMW M5
James K

Post by James K »

Grant wrote:Hi JamesImage
I did read on a thread here a while ago about Mr Richard Seifert.
You are more than welcome to photograph my Interceptor if you wish, it's not mint like some others are but it looks good in my opinion but I guess I am biasedImage.. It's also not an FF either, but the offers thereImage
Here's a pic if you want to get an ideaImage >>
>>
DSC08193.JPG
>>>
DSC08179.JPG
When do you think you may want to do this picture shoot James please?Image
With kind regards.. GrantImage
Hi Grant, thank you very much for replying. The car looks fantastic! We are looking do this as soon as we can, perhaps even this week if that might be possible? Would Thursday work for you, for example?

I'm very grateful for your reply, perhaps it would be easier to talk on the phone. My office telephone number is 020 7284 1727 - ask for James Kirk if you wouldn't mind giving me a call. My email address is jkirk@micaarchitects.com, if you would prefer to email. Otherwise, I'm happy to call you if you are able to message me your details.

We're hoping we might be able to take some pictures in the new public square as well - with the tower in the background.

Thanks and best wishes,

James
Grant

Post by Grant »

James K wrote: Hi Grant, thank you very much for replying. The car looks fantastic! We are looking do this as soon as we can, perhaps even this week if that might be possible? Would Thursday work for you, for example?

I'm very grateful for your reply, perhaps it would be easier to talk on the phone. My office telephone number is 020 7284 1727 - ask for James Kirk if you wouldn't mind giving me a call. My email address is jkirk@micaarchitects.com, if you would prefer to email. Otherwise, I'm happy to call you if you are able to message me your details.

We're hoping we might be able to take some pictures in the new public square as well - with the tower in the background.

Thanks and best wishes,James
No problem Jame's apart from it is raining all week Image but looks better on Friday.. I did give you a call at your office but I believe you were dining :lol: .. I'll try again later today and hope you haven't been side tracked at lunch and are now Image Image
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
VFK44
Co-Administrator

Post by VFK44 »

Some 20 years ago the Evening Standard ran a competition for the building Londoners most despised and would like to see knocked down. They confidently nominated Centre Point as one of the likely candidates. They were later surprised to find that the building was actually very popular, being a notable landmark.

It was the decision to leave it empty for so many years that tarnished its reputation. Now it is a very desirable housing block (with excellent parking facilities I believe!).

The original owner/developer was indeed Harry Hyams, Jensen FF owner, hence the search for his car!
"Now that chassis number is particularly interesting ‘cos it’s the one after the one before, which is the one after mine, not many people know that"
Stephen, Epping, Essex
James K

Post by James K »

Hi all,

Very grateful for the community's response here - we've had a number of kind offers, as well as a helpful response from Cropredy Bridge. Looks like we're not going ahead for Friday at the moment, partly due to weather, among other things, but I will try to keep the forum up to date.

The community on the forum is very generous and friendly, so thanks to all for the enthusiasm and generosity.

James

Return to “General Discussion”