Bonneville 2019 and a T56

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
bkbridges

Bonneville 2019 and a T56

Post by bkbridges »

So far it looks like Ian is heading back to Bonneville this year for another try at 200mph in the CV-8. I am pulling the trigger on a Viper spec T56 transmission this afternoon so I can get it prepped and ready to go into his car. This replaces the Jag specced transmission that split wide open due to the Mopar power at hand. Question: Do any club members have a recipe for the fitment of this transmission behind the big Mopar motor? Ive found a few methods on the internet, but before I go machining a lot of parts I thought Id throw this out. I am excited, as I believe Ians motor has the umph to make the speed. I had a blast working with Ian's team last year (although it was a lot of work in the desert heat). It would make for a truly memorable "vacation" if anyone is interested in joining us at the "bend in the road". Ian has been getting some attention with the state side media as well. The big time state side Hotrod magazine has been admiring the CV-8 as well https://www.hotrod.com/?s=save+the+salt and Im hoping he will be able to give them a good showing this year!
Cheers
Bruce
Bruce K Bridges
2210/9272
125/5090
119/170
www.fbthrottlebodies.com
Ian Northeast

Re: Bonneville 2019 and a T56

Post by Ian Northeast »

Hi Bruce and eveyone else,
Just as a point of order I am going back to Bonneville in 2020 not this year.
However I am very keen to get the car sorted as soon as possible to give me time to resolve the ineveitable problems and avoid the panics of last year.

Ian
Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.
bkbridges

Re: Bonneville 2019 and a T56

Post by bkbridges »

Ian,
My bad. Just got a little excited :? . New transmission on the way to the shop!
Bruce
Bruce K Bridges
2210/9272
125/5090
119/170
www.fbthrottlebodies.com

Return to “General Discussion”