FF Mk2 127/228

Jensens Only! Forum automatically deletes unanswered posts after 120 days.
Grant

Re: FF Mk2 127/228

Post by Grant »

cannonball wrote:Did we find out who purchased this FF ???????????????
I was at Colin's yesterday and saw this FF there, it is a really lovely straight car with really good panel gaps etc.. lovely, as Steve said there was a bit on the sills and the bonnet edge which was strange as I have never seen a bonnet go down that edge before, it's normally the front, I guess it must have been parked in such a way that the weather was getting in to that edge of the bonnet. Colin said he had done the car once before many years ago.It had stood the test of time and I really liked the car, the only other thing that was a bit of a let down was the re-trimming of the front seats, the hide didn't match that well. I should have taken a pic of it but Lara has promised me a smart phone for Christmas comingImage
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
"Monkey Man"sig RegistrarImage
johnw

Post by johnw »

Grant wrote:
cannonball wrote:Did we find out who purchased this FF ???????????????
I was at Colin's yesterday and saw this FF there, it is a really lovely straight car with really good panel gaps etc.. lovely, as Steve said there was a bit on the sills and the bonnet edge which was strange as I have never seen a bonnet go down that edge before, it's normally the front, I guess it must have been parked in such a way that the weather was getting in to that edge of the bonnet. Colin said he had done the car once before many years ago.It had stood the test of time and I really liked the car, the only other thing that was a bit of a let down was the re-trimming of the front seats, the hide didn't match that well. I should have taken a pic of it but Lara has promised me a smart phone for Christmas comingImage
Great news Grant! I really like the car when I last saw it (end of last century :shock:) before Colin started it the first time. Every original part was on the car back then and in restorable condition. It just needed some TLC from someone like Colin which it got. Good job that they left the rest of the interior and didn't match it to the seats! I can live with "honest" trim differences like that. Did they have that dull new leather look? Hopefully with a few more bums on them over coming years they will blend in. I have had work done by Colin from that era that has lasted 19 years now.
Have you seen our stolen Jensen FF 119/011 https://twitter.com/jensenffdotcom
Grant

Post by Grant »

Hello John :wink:
The trimming work on the seats was Ok it's just they hadn't done their homework and hadn't sourced Autolux hides.. it was too grainy and looked wrong to me, but maybe to others they wouldn't have noticed,.. I mean they were Black!!Image, I was with Carl Beardwell.. do you remember him John?Image, anyway he didn't notice the difference until I mentioned it, Carl was always knocking around with Tom back in the dayImage.. He does remember you, he mentioned you still owed him a Fiver for something or otherImage
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
Grant

Post by Grant »

I managed to find a Pic of Carl the reprobate for you John :P >> I have his account details now John re: the FiverImage >>>
>>
Mr Beardwell.jpg
Mr Beardwell.jpg (17.62 KiB) Viewed 1717 times
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
johnw

Post by johnw »

Grant wrote:I managed to find a Pic of Carl the reprobate for you John :P >> I have his account details now John re: the FiverImage >>>
>>
Nice work on the bank details! Top bloke is Carl. He would probably lend you a fiver as well after a few beers. We should try and set that up sometime. There is a lot of good beer out there that needs liberating. :D
Have you seen our stolen Jensen FF 119/011 https://twitter.com/jensenffdotcom

Return to “Cars For Sale”