Restoration of 115/3495

Here's where to post photos of your cars. We all want to see your Jensens!
Delboy

Restoration of 115/3495

Post by Delboy »

Restoration just started on Interceptor MK1 115/3495. Been in family since mid 70s. Come of the road in early 90s and remained in dads garage until last year. All original.
Managed to fire it up briefly last year. Unfortunately newly purchased car cover neatly folded behind car exhaust become early casualty as car coughed and spluttered to life.

I believe it could be the car in photos celebrating the production of the 1000th car
Attachments
Engine out and slow process of cleaning off old sealant. Bodywork looking rot free so far...… fingers crossed
Engine out and slow process of cleaning off old sealant. Bodywork looking rot free so far...… fingers crossed
Engine bay2.JPG (157.73 KiB) Viewed 1826 times
Car entrusted to Graham at Culverland Classics as it begins its restoration<br />Culverland Classics<br />Culverland Classics as it begins its journey of restoration
Car entrusted to Graham at Culverland Classics as it begins its restoration
Culverland Classics
Culverland Classics as it begins its journey of restoration
Engine Out.JPG (145.62 KiB) Viewed 1826 times
Car briefly exposed to the elements last year after spending past 25 years in fathers garage.
Car briefly exposed to the elements last year after spending past 25 years in fathers garage.
Jensen 1.jpeg (146.24 KiB) Viewed 1826 times
Factory photo shoot as Carl hands my car over to Pat Follet leading Jensen distributor in UK in 1969
Factory photo shoot as Carl hands my car over to Pat Follet leading Jensen distributor in UK in 1969
Carl handing car over to Pat.png (1.04 MiB) Viewed 1826 times
Car in 1969 being handed over by Carl Duerr to Pat Follett
Car in 1969 being handed over by Carl Duerr to Pat Follett
Car leaving factory.PNG (704.12 KiB) Viewed 1826 times
Chris_R
JOC General Secretary

Re: Restoration of 115/3495

Post by Chris_R »

According to the Richard Calvers Chassis Data Book, 115/3495 is indeed the 1,000th Interceptor and was the one handed over to Pat Follett as your pictures show. Nice to have a special car.
Chris
JOC Member 6116
--------------------------------------------------
Delboy

Re: Restoration of 115/3495

Post by Delboy »

Thanks Chris.
The photos look like the car is a darker colour than mine, but that could just be black and white photo.
Also guess the car colour may have faded with time.

Return to “Members' Cars”