Reworked Iron Heads

Forum automatically deletes unanswered posts after 45 days
Grant

Reworked Iron Heads

Post by Grant »

I have a pair of 346 Heads here, they are brand new, £700 overhaul job done at an American Engine Machine Shop the year before last and never run, chemically dipped, refaced, new bronze guides,new Stainless Valves and seats, new stem seals. They have never been run as of yetImage
I am using new Alloy Heads so they are surplus to requirements. If anyone is interested in them ping me an offer over as I don't really know what the demand is or what they are worth to anyone?
GrantImage
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
"Monkey Man"sig RegistrarImage

Re: Reworked Iron Heads

Post by sticky »

Grant wrote:I have a pair of 346 Heads here, they are brand new, £700 overhaul job done at an American Engine Machine Shop the year before last and never run, chemically dipped, refaced, new bronze guides,new Stainless Valves and seats, new stem seals. They have never been run as of yetImage
I am using new Alloy Heads so they are surplus to requirements. If anyone is interested in them ping me an offer over as I don't really know what the demand is or what they are worth to anyone?
GrantImage
Grant are these what you have just sold me you said they were 383 heads not 346 are they the same if not whats the difference any one else know the difference.
sticky by name stick at it by nature !!!!
Chris_R
JOC General Secretary

Post by Chris_R »

346 refers to the casting reference of the heads, not the engine size.
Chris
JOC Member 6116
--------------------------------------------------
Grant

Post by Grant »

sticky wrote:Grant are these what you have just sold me you said they were 383 heads not 346 are they the same if not whats the difference any one else know the difference.
Hello JimImage
Yes these are the onesImage, 346 is the model number of the heads, they are not 383 specific, you can also use them on 400ci or 440ci, or any Mopar RB for that matter Jim, but the 346 is the number of the heads as used on a 383ci "G" series engine originally :wink:
Have you taken your old heads off yet Jimbo?Image
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage

Post by sticky »

Grant wrote:
sticky wrote:Grant are these what you have just sold me you said they were 383 heads not 346 are they the same if not whats the difference any one else know the difference.
Hello JimImage
Yes these are the onesImage, 346 is the model number of the heads, they are not 383 specific, you can also use them on 400ci or 440ci, or any Mopar RB for that matter Jim, but the 346 is the number of the heads as used on a 383ci "G" series engine originally :wink:
Have you taken your old heads off yet Jimbo?Image
Grant thanks for the reply no i havent got round to it yet i have had a minor op on my back so restricted in movement
sticky by name stick at it by nature !!!!
Grant

Post by Grant »

sticky wrote:Grant thanks for the reply no i haven't got round to it yet i have had a minor op on my back so restricted in movement
Oh I see.. well I wish you a speedy recovery JimImage, leaning over those wings can be very back achey.. you can get that engine out in around 4 hours, it really isn't difficult, that way you could change all the core plugs too easily and the heads swap would be much much easier Jim.. or as I mentioned before.. Paul is always about and I did mention it to him.. but all your choice obviously Jimboleeny :P
As always Jimbo.. Grant :wink:
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
johnw

Post by johnw »

Grant wrote:
sticky wrote:Grant thanks for the reply no i haven't got round to it yet i have had a minor op on my back so restricted in movement
Oh I see.. well I wish you a speedy recovery JimImage, leaning over those wings can be very back achey.. you can get that engine out in around 4 hours, it really isn't difficult, that way you could change all the core plugs too easily and the heads swap would be much much easier Jim.. or as I mentioned before.. Paul is always about and I did mention it to him.. but all your choice obviously Jimboleeny :P
As always Jimbo.. Grant :wink:
I would definitely get some mates round to help lift the heads off. Make sure you get them loose first though. There was a recent thread on here. If you decide to pull the motor you will probably decide to fit new engine mounts while you are at it, to paint stuff, and then start poking the firewall insulation (is that asbestos?). You then join the local Star Trek fan club, hoping to get a used space suit to help with decontamination. Yes it goes on and on. It is really good fun though. Just don't replace stuff that isn't really needed and have fun.
Have you seen our stolen Jensen FF 119/011 https://twitter.com/jensenffdotcom

Return to “Parts For Sale”