Restoration-Started!

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
timmo

Restoration-Started!

Post by timmo »

It has taken 12 years, several times of will I ,won't I ever get on with it,but at last I'm in a position to do it!

As you can see, it's in pretty good shape with only minor welding to be done, progress so far-rear exhaust mount!! :D :D
Attachments
DSC_0628.JPG
DSC_0628.JPG (134.59 KiB) Viewed 2003 times
DSC_0629.JPG
DSC_0629.JPG (122.92 KiB) Viewed 2003 times
CV8III 112/2418
1972 Vw Type2 Westfalia Camper
1964 Lambretta Li 150 Silver Special
1973 Mk1 Jensen-Healey
Grant

Re: Restoration-Started!

Post by Grant »

You're brave with that Spit Timmo.. Is that something you made your self or did you Buy it?.. Do you have anymore pics of it Timmo please?.. Sorry to show more interest in the spit than the car :lol: .. The car looks good underneath though :wink: .. Carry On.. nothing to see here! :P
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
"Monkey Man"sig RegistrarImage
timmo

Post by timmo »

I bought the spit- check out Roll and Restore. Its proper old school stuff, heavy and functional. It works really well, though is a little strenuous to turn as the centre of gravity on a cv8 is not where a 'normal' car would be. You do need decent headroom for it, though they do make a lower profile model. It's brilliant to wheel around though. It did take a while to set up, but once done the access is second to none.

I wouldn't consider it on a cv8 that's rusty though. The rear bumper mounts are flimsy even when all the metal is good!
CV8III 112/2418
1973 Mk1 Jensen-Healey
Grant

Post by Grant »

timmo wrote:I bought the spit- check out Roll and Restore. Its proper old school stuff, heavy and functional. It works really well, though is a little strenuous to turn as the centre of gravity on a cv8 is not where a 'normal' car would be. You do need decent headroom for it, though they do make a lower profile model. It's brilliant to wheel around though. It did take a while to set up, but once done the access is second to none.

I wouldn't consider it on a cv8 that's rusty though. The rear bumper mounts are flimsy even when all the metal is good!
Thank you for your answer Timmo.. I will have a look there... I was interested in it for an Interceptor, it has the identical Chassis as your CV8 but is a steel body.. but I guess you know that anyway, I wonder if it will be suffice for an Interceptor though Timmo?
Keep the good work up Timmo :wink:
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
"Monkey Man"sig RegistrarImage
timmo

Post by timmo »

I don't see why not, they supply all the fixings, you just have to cut the bars to length and drill the holes where you need them to go.

I'm very impressed with it, especially for the money!
CV8III 112/2418
1973 Mk1 Jensen-Healey
Wallace

Post by Wallace »

Nice one Timmo, do you still have both cars?

Mike
timmo

Post by timmo »

I do, I haven't sold anymore stuff in case I may need it.
CV8III 112/2418
1973 Mk1 Jensen-Healey

Return to “General Discussion”