FF wanted for the Grand Avenue

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
John Staddon
JOC C-V8 Registrar

FF wanted for the Grand Avenue

Post by John Staddon »

Anyone who has been to the London Classic Car Show knows that a big part of the show is the Grand Avenue, a runway the length of the show hall where cars are actually driven. Each show has a theme, or several, and cars chosen for the Grand Avenue reflect that, this year one theme is Ferguson Formula and the show will be presenting as many cars with the FF drive as possible including the Ferguson P99 Formula 1 car, but at the moment no Jensen FF. I'm told there was an FF booked, i don't know whose, but the owner had to drop out. I'd hate to think that a celebration of all things Ferguson Formula could go ahead without the most famous FF of all so is there an FF owner out there who could step in to the breach?

The show is 14th to 17th Feb (short notice I know) and the car would be wanted on the 15th, 16th and 17th. If necessary the organisers of the show would pick a car up and deliver it back again at the shows expense, though the owner would be expected to be there to drive it, or for there to be someone to drive it if the owner couldn't do all three days (owner to arrange insurance for another driver). The car wouldn't be on the JOC stand but part of the Grand Avenue display, when it's not actually being driven.

Can anyone help?

John
Early Interceptor INT885347
C-V8 Mk111 112/2334
cannonball

Re: FF wanted for the Grand Avenue

Post by cannonball »

Well this must be one for Ulric woodams He certainly has enough FF,s contact the Jensen museum,
WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, 07974 088375,
CLOBBER THE COMPETITION
Pymmie

Post by Pymmie »

Have you tried Steve Hodder?

His FF Mk2 is ex John Bonham and really stands out at
shows...

John P
Previous Jensen Owner 2010-2022 (128/4451)

Understeer - Hitting the fence with the front of the car
Oversteer - Hitting the fence with the rear of the car
Horsepower -How fast you hit the fence
Torque - How far you take the fence with you
John Staddon
JOC C-V8 Registrar

Post by John Staddon »

We now have an FF for the Grand Avenue, Steve Groves is lending 119/006, a very early car built by Vignale.

Thanks to Chris_R for the initiative and contacting Steve and more thanks to Steve and to Matt at Cropredy Bridge garage for entrusting the car to the JOC (though Matt may come and drive the car on one day - Steve unfortunately can't that weekend).

John
Early Interceptor INT885347
C-V8 Mk111 112/2334
Helen

Post by Helen »

That's great news John. I thought there must be someone closer to help out.
Helen Newby
J-H II/FF II
Kevin Birch

Post by Kevin Birch »

Good news, well done all, promoting the marque again, which is beneficial to all.
My Toys: Lotus Cortina MK2.RangeRover P38, Yam inflatable, Saab 9-3 Convertible.
Mk1 Interceptor, 115/3067
Martin R

Post by Martin R »

Great news - I had emailed Zac Zacaroli to see if he was available to drive my MK1 FF for the event but, he's been laid up with man-flu...
FF MK1 119/100
Interceptor MK3 136/8514
JOC Member 8905

Return to “General Discussion”