Jensen Interceptor History

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
Chris_R
JOC General Secretary

Re: Jensen Interceptor History

Post by Chris_R »

RockyUSA wrote:LOTS of stuff in this thread.

Maybe this should be edited and made into a sticky about Healy & Jensen history!

Or not edited!

Rocky
Rocky: Who or what is Healy?
Chris
JOC Member 6116
--------------------------------------------------
David Devine

Post by David Devine »

I think I should point out that the Chairman Shaun Winfield had the video made not me I just posted the link.
felixkk

Post by felixkk »

John Staddon wrote:But is does seem to me that the forum isn't the place for history
Well, that‘s a bit of a damper :(
Felix Kistler
C-V8 112/2454, 541DL 2223849
JOC 9465
Secretary/VP JCC Jensen Car Club of Switzerland

www.jcc.ch / office@jcc.ch
RAP72
V8 Lover

Post by RAP72 »

felixkk wrote:
John Staddon wrote:But is does seem to me that the forum isn't the place for history
Well, that‘s a bit of a damper :(
if not the forum where? I suppose it could be on the main JOC page (does anyone look at that? :shock: ) but obviously it will be a bit of work and would require a dedicated moderator to ensure it does not become a wiki type page that is open to being amended by all and sundry - and I am not volunteering.
John Staddon
JOC C-V8 Registrar

Post by John Staddon »

You can and should discuss history on the forum, best place to do that, I'm thinking more of history as a reference resource, website as book if you like, except a website can be dynamic and the history can evolve as more information comes to light.

John
Early Interceptor INT885347
C-V8 Mk111 112/2334
felixkk

Post by felixkk »

John Staddon wrote:You can and should discuss history on the forum, best place to do that, I'm thinking more of history as a reference resource, website as book if you like, except a website can be dynamic and the history can evolve as more information comes to light.

John
John, you know (I hope) how much we appreciate your posts as the C-V8 registrar (and as private person), and the many, many hours which you invest for the club and the marque.
Felix Kistler
C-V8 112/2454, 541DL 2223849
JOC 9465
Secretary/VP JCC Jensen Car Club of Switzerland

www.jcc.ch / office@jcc.ch
jensenavantilover

Post by jensenavantilover »

Any thoughts about approaching Richard Calver for a recurring column in the Magazine. I appreciate everyones comments and postings but still feel we could do a better job with the forum and magazine. I have plenty of ideas but not the knowledge base to make significant contributions.

PS I believe Mr. Calver should be compensated if elects to do this.

Again just my two cents
Chris_R
JOC General Secretary

Post by Chris_R »

To "jensenavantilover", it would be helpful to put a name to your forum ID rather than hiding behind an anonymous "handle".
I think your "thoughts and ramblings" as you yourself put it are not clear as to what you are looking for.
There is a wealth of published history. The "All The Models" book documents everything that the Jensen factory (and by extension the Jensen brothers) were involved in manufacturing. What more history do you want about that? If you have specific ideas then please articulate them rather than just say there is a lack of history.
The "Original Interceptor" book documents every detail of the Interceptor's evolution from its introduction onwards. I wrote an article for the Club Magazine documenting in more detail the story of the conversion of the C-V8 into the original prototype Interceptor based on recollections of one of the men who was there.
You ask about "musings" from key individuals. Musings are not history, they are memories and opinions clouded by the passage of time.
You say you have plenty of idea, let's hear them please and then your questions can be answered. They may already have been answered, then again, they may not in which case a gap can be filled.
Chris
JOC Member 6116
Richard Calver

Jensen History

Post by Richard Calver »

John Hull is a motoring historian, author of Avanti: The Complete Story - see https://www.dymocks.com.au/book/avanti- ... BLT67hoSHs He owned an Interceptor III for many years (might own another Jensen now, I'm not sure) and is a keen follower of Jensen history.

Like John, I aim to preserve and interpret history and present it afresh for each new audience, hence my Jensen books.

The best way anyone can assist that process is by buying books. By absorbing the information presented, you improve your own understanding of the subject, learn where the gaps lie and encourage the emergence of more work, without which the remaining unexplored history will disappear.

In the Jensen world, there are many who contribute articles of historical interest via different means such as this forum, club magazines, books, talks and so on. I am sure that will continue. I know I certainly have a lot to get on with.
JOC member 3551
Canberra, Oz
4¼ Litre H4/9103
http://www.richardcalver.com
tfmuch@bigpond.com
kenny38

Post by kenny38 »

I agree with whatizname. He has produced some outstanding books...some i have bought and glanced through. If you want some enlarged history apart from "musings" (perhaps that could be seen as just ever so slightly offensive) you should stump up some cash and buy "All the Models" which Richard is rumoured to have written in India during a Naked Lunch. 8) Everything you never wanted to know about Jensen (even the office boys name) can be obtained from Calver. He's such an unashamed self promoter kenny38 :D
Michelin

Post by Michelin »

I find these pictures on a french forum.
I know that the second one had been taken during the 1967 Paris motor show but I don't know where does the first one with the Vignale Nova come from...
Attachments
8699395B-F49B-42CF-930F-8EDCDE09B08C.jpeg
8699395B-F49B-42CF-930F-8EDCDE09B08C.jpeg (116.72 KiB) Viewed 4321 times
8F362C3B-AD78-4DEF-953B-7CF12FFCF61D.jpeg
8F362C3B-AD78-4DEF-953B-7CF12FFCF61D.jpeg (214.11 KiB) Viewed 4321 times
Laurent
Sincar Jensen interceptor mk1 - 117/2603 & 117/2606
JOC Member nº 10851
Grant

Post by Grant »

:shock: Wow... lovely old pics Michelin.. many thanks for sharing them!! :wink:
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
"Monkey Man"sig RegistrarImage
cannonball

Post by cannonball »

8) 8)
WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, 07974 088375,
CLOBBER THE COMPETITION
cannonball

Post by cannonball »

blimet the vignale fiat or what ever it is looks pure mk1 interceptor, one for the wife or hairdresser, 8) 8) 8)
WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, 07974 088375,
CLOBBER THE COMPETITION
Chris_R
JOC General Secretary

Post by Chris_R »

cannonball wrote:blimet the vignale fiat or what ever it is looks pure mk1 interceptor, one for the wife or hairdresser, 8) 8) 8)
It's a Fiat 124 Eveline.
Fiat-124-Coupe-Eveline-02.jpg
Fiat-124-Coupe-Eveline-02.jpg (63.37 KiB) Viewed 4272 times
Chris
JOC Member 6116

Return to “General Discussion”