Cropredy Shock

Jensens Only! Forum automatically deletes unanswered posts after 120 days.
kenny38

Re: Cropredy Shock

Post by kenny38 »

Do we know if these FF recreations are pre sold? Any idea on price? Probably will match CB prices. Kenny38
Pymmie

Post by Pymmie »

kenny38 wrote:Do we know if these FF recreations are pre sold? Any idea on price? Probably will match CB prices. Kenny38
They only start a build once a buyer has agreed a deal.

They have a couple of Mk3’s in stock waiting for the righ client.

Link : http://www.jensen-sales.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

John P
Previous Jensen Owner 2010-2022 (128/4451)

Understeer - Hitting the fence with the front of the car
Oversteer - Hitting the fence with the rear of the car
Horsepower -How fast you hit the fence
Torque - How far you take the fence with you
cannonball

Post by cannonball »

They have actually described the feeling a lot of people have toward an old classic that they hark back to yet disappoints, like the guy in the other thread who has sold his,,,

It’s now the beginning of a new era for the classic Range Rover, like the Jensen Interceptor an icon of it’s time which, in standard form disappoints the modern driver but when re-engineered to this degree is elevated to supercar status whilst still keeping it’s cool….Just a little bit understated but devastatingly effective on the road!
WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, 07974 088375,
CLOBBER THE COMPETITION
montpellier

Post by montpellier »

At those prices, if anyone wants a rebuilt FF , I might have. one . Need to pay for a Vignale Mk 1 resto ! I will be trying the market soon.

They look ambitious to me, but they have sold a few. Who knows these days.
Frontrow

Post by Frontrow »

Apparently the last Jensen made is for sale there. Beautiful looking car in metallic burgundy.
Martin R

Post by Martin R »

Frontrow wrote:Apparently the last Jensen made is for sale there. Beautiful looking car in metallic burgundy.
A lovely car indeed - a well known JOC area representative owned it for 12 years. Sad to see it for sale again so soon (relatively) after he sold it.
One odd thing from the description of OHU 1M on the Cropredy website though is I thought the car had done many tens of thousands of miles prior to it's Jensen factory rebuild and then, had more than 34,000 miles on it when Mark Maniatt owned it.
Not that "original milage" is really of any concern with any 40+ year old car, unless you're looking at an uber rare Ferrari etc...
FF MK1 119/100
Interceptor MK3 136/8514
JOC Member 8905
ChrisB

Post by ChrisB »

I’m the owner of OHU 1M, and I can assure anyone interested in this car that the 33,000 miles is absolutely genuine and is proven by sequential Mot’s and invoices going back to the 70’s. I’m sure that Mark Maniatt (the current JOC Yorkshire rep who owned the car for nearly 12 years and was the previous owner) who sold me the car, would confirm this too. Additionally, Appleyards who looked after the car during Marks ownership would also confirm the mileage. However, the best proof is the condition of the car itself, which is self evident when seen in the flesh.
I can’t stop fellow members speculating on the mileage, but I can show anyone who’s interested, irrevocable proof that the mileage is genuine at 33,000 miles. There’s a huge history file which goes with the car including newspaper cuttings of Peter Gardener, who owned OHU 1M. For anyone who’s interested, Peter Gardener, was the businessman who tried to buy Jensen Motors in Kelvin Way, West Bromwich out of administration in the late 80’s.
This car is no ordinary Jensen Interceptor, it has a remarkable heritage and has received many awards for its condition during its 45 year life.
schumijoe
BIG RED CARD & 2 YELLOWS
BIG RED CARD & 2 YELLOWS

Post by schumijoe »

"Apparently the last Jensen made is for sale there. Beautiful looking car in metallic burgundy"
What is the chassis number?
joe
INTERCEPTOR 111 2240/1**4(the last 1976 saloon)
ChrisB

Post by ChrisB »

I’ve since been corrected by the previous owner, Mark Maniatt. Mark tells me that OHU 1M was the last car refurbished to a Mark 4 upgrade and was the last car to leave the factory after being total refurbished from top to bottom including a full engine rebuild. Apparently, Jensen’s felt justified in turning the clock to zero after such a major refurbishment as the car had all mechanicals, bodywork and interior renewed throughout.
Apologies for no quite getting in right in my last post.
interjen

Post by interjen »

colin7673 wrote:I see I one of there ads that they rebuild an old car, call it the 'Interceptor CD' then sell it as a 'Zero Mileage' If the car has been restored, or even updated, how can it be sold like this?
I have to agree with Colin on this, also reading the attached it would make me very very wary.
Attachments
15390814297791492164924.jpg
15390814297791492164924.jpg (164.51 KiB) Viewed 5258 times
2340/1842 Int Conv
1640/30077 GT
115/3215 Int MK1
Bentley 111
Mk1/Mk2 Jag
DB7 Vantage Volante
1926 Clyno Royal Saloon
1922 Aveling and Porter Steam Roller (Sally)
GPZ900R
cannonball

Post by cannonball »

:shock:
WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, 07974 088375,
CLOBBER THE COMPETITION
Frontrow

Post by Frontrow »

ChrisB wrote:I’ve since been corrected by the previous owner, Mark Maniatt. Mark tells me that OHU 1M was the last car refurbished to a Mark 4 upgrade and was the last car to leave the factory after being total refurbished from top to bottom including a full engine rebuild. Apparently, Jensen’s felt justified in turning the clock to zero after such a major refurbishment as the car had all mechanicals, bodywork and interior renewed throughout.
Apologies for no quite getting in right in my last post.
I had it in mind that my car was the last restored by the factory but that's a recollection of a conversation rather than anything more concrete. It's a dead ringer for your car, though without the wood inserts on the door, which had been specified but forgotten. My car was not zeroed as it was sold on 25k and now has 38k. I have the sale receipt from the factory. There are various pictures of it on the forum, notably in October 2014 when I acquired it through Appleyards.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (147.07 KiB) Viewed 5216 times
ChrisB

Post by ChrisB »

I certainly agree, your car is much the same as mine other than the wooden door cappings. I’m reliably told that the door cappings were the last mod of the Mark4 upgrades and to date I haven’t seen any other Interceptor with this particular upgrade.
It’s really difficult to prove one way or the other which car left the factory last, but in the overall scale of things, it comes down to the cars condition as of today, and your car certainly looks a wonderful example.
Perhaps we should say our cars would appear to be some of the last Interceptors leaving Jensen Motors before closing down.
Hope you agree.
Frontrow

Post by Frontrow »

I certainly wasn’t seeking to contradict you at all. I was hoping that someone would come forward with some records as I have tried in vain to learn more of the rebuild. My car is pictured in the Tipler book in the restoration section but I wasn’t able to see it in the factory video of 1988, although it was originally Saba blue. In fact when I first saw the video, I thought your car might be mine, until I saw the number plate. My car was sold to the last owner on 13th February 1991 and I have the Jensen Sales invoice but I don’t know whether it was commissioned or simply sold off. He did specify the steering wheel, like yours , and the rear seat belts. The rest I gleaned from Andy when I bought it.
Julian

Post by Julian »

A few cars have the door inserts. And also the panel behind for the rear seat passengers enjoyment ...
One of the few later upgrades mine doesn’t have.

Whose got a template? Presume they were just screwed on?

Regards
BMW M635csi (Dinan 3.8) & 1976 Interceptor Convertible

Return to “Cars For Sale”