Too Expensive

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
Grant

Too Expensive

Post by Grant »

I went to the cash-point today.. put my card in and wanted £250 cash, No probs.. I had something else on my mind and I was half way homeImage when I realised I hadn't even took the cash from the dispenser,Image
maybe 15mins had passed, I done a U turn and drove like a looney back to the cash point.. butImage.. Gone to the person behind sitting at the bus-stop I should imagine.. good day out for them!!
Image ...Image..
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
"Monkey Man"sig RegistrarImage
johnw

Re: Too Expensive

Post by johnw »

Check your statement. Some dispensers pull the money back inside if it is not taken after a short while.
Have you seen our stolen Jensen FF 119/011 https://twitter.com/jensenffdotcom
Grant

Post by Grant »

johnw wrote:Check your statement. Some dispensers pull the money back inside if it is not taken after a short while.
John.. I went into the bank for that reason when I returned there, as it happened it was my bank.. but No :( :(
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
KaranMK2
JOC Chairman

Post by KaranMK2 »

Is there CCTV by the machine grant?

Karan
Grant

Post by Grant »

KaranMK2 wrote:Is there CCTV by the machine grant?
Karan
Image..Afraid not Karan .. I asked them in the bank, strangely the lady beside me said she had previously (a while ago I presumed) had done exactly the same thing.. for how much though I don't know Image
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
timmo

Post by timmo »

You would hope the person who took the money would have handed it in. I have had this situation, and either hand it to a cashier,or take it to the police station. The benefit of handing it in of course, is if it isn't claimed within a time frame, you are entitled to keep it legally. To take it knowing it belonged to someone else is an offence. If the person is caught, they could well be charged with theft.
CV8III 112/2418
1972 Vw Type2 Westfalia Camper
1964 Lambretta Li 150 Silver Special
1973 Mk1 Jensen-Healey
ernie100

Post by ernie100 »

Nearly all cash machines on bank premises have built in cameras, used to identify people taking out money..check with the bank as to how long the recording is kept....
Thanks
David

Warwickshire.....
Mark 111...being restored...(An Interceptor newbie)
E Type Series 2
1957 Land Rover Series 1
Mazda MX5 Rocketeer (V6 Jaguar 3 litre )
Grant

Post by Grant »

ernie100 wrote:Nearly all cash machines on bank premises have built in cameras, used to identify people taking out money..check with the bank as to how long the recording is kept....
"Nearly All".. but sadly not this one DavidImage, I went straight into the branch and they said there was no camera on this machine :twisted:
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
Kevin Birch

Post by Kevin Birch »

Tough lesson that Grant, but to help ease it, one of my Son's mates just bought an Audi S4 for a lot of money, sold his old car for cash, some £10,000, then had the car stolen by having the keys nicked, the £10,000 was in the boot. Had the car for less than 24hrs. :shock: Why he left the money in the boot God only knows, perhaps he thought it was safer than the house.
My Toys: Lotus Cortina MK2.RangeRover P38, Yam inflatable, Saab 9-3 Convertible.
Mk1 Interceptor, 115/3067
Grant

Post by Grant »

Kevin Birch wrote:Tough lesson that Grant, but to help ease it, one of my Son's mates just bought an Audi S4 for a lot of money, sold his old car for cash, some £10,000, then had the car stolen by having the keys nicked, the £10,000 was in the boot. Had the car for less than 24hrs. :shock: Why he left the money in the boot God only knows, perhaps he thought it was safer than the house.
:shock: :shock: Good God Kev, yes I know its a pittance £250 Kev.. just bloody annoying and silly because what I had on my mind was pointless really :? .. but £10k :shock: good god.. I'd be livid,... this story though Kev sounds like something isn't adding up or someone knows something to me.. do you not think?.. he's told someone he thought he could trust No?.. I mean that's some sort of coincidence Kev is it not?.. what say you Mr Birch?Image
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
johnw

Post by johnw »

A car fanatic friend left 6 grand in the boot of my car for a short while as we were test driving another (15 mins or so). We were teenages at the time and so it didn't seem like a crazy thing to do. The same person did have his keys nicked off the pub table in front of his eyes. Someone snatches them, started throwing them around to their mates, presses the remote, next thing the car is unlocked and someone is trying to drive off. They failed to get away due to the separate immobiliser key, but smashed the car up in the car park as they tried to bump start it. Police were not interested in showing up for stuff like that. This was in Southampton. Needless to say the insurance didn't believe his story.

S4's depreciate almost like Range Rovers. There is a nice one here in Switzerland, V8 manual, for just over 2 grand sterling, engine light on otherwise OK. Might be an acceptable replacement until the insurance cough up for the S4.
S4Manual.jpeg
S4Manual.jpeg (164.15 KiB) Viewed 4471 times
Have you seen our stolen Jensen FF 119/011 https://twitter.com/jensenffdotcom
AH1951

Post by AH1951 »

Grant,
I've just had an e-mail from a guy claiming to be from Western Union, offering me $5,000 a day until all his $4.8 million has gone.
I don't really need it or want it, so if you give me your e-mail address by PM, I'll put you in touch with him, and you can ask him to send you the money instead.
This will help you to spring back from your recent misfortune.
Regards,
Adrian
Grant

Post by Grant »

AH1951 wrote:Grant,
I've just had an e-mail from a guy claiming to be from Western Union, offering me $5,000 a day until all his $4.8 million has gone.
I don't really need it or want it, so if you give me your e-mail address by PM, I'll put you in touch with him, and you can ask him to send you the money instead.
This will help you to spring back from your recent misfortune.
Regards,
Adrian
I just had an email from him Adrian so I suspect you gave him all my detailsImage, what a lovely helpful man, nothing seems too much trouble and he said he would take care of everything, I've sent him all I had in the bank and he has promised to return it with more on-top-- It's such a shame that there aren't more people like him in this world that are so willing to helpImage
Thank you for the heads-up Ade :P :wink: Image
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
rolando38

Post by rolando38 »

too bad Grant, but might have been worse should you have taken the money but left the credit card, which is what some absentminded people (not you) do ...
zacmarshall

Post by zacmarshall »

I remember when I picked up my mark 2 Interceptor from the welders putting the envelope with thousands of pounds in cash down on the side of the road to help push a car out of the way and then forgetting about it until it came time to talk about the money. Luckily the envelope was still there. That was when I was 21, my memory hasn't improved :-)

I also remember a mate messing round when I got some cash out at a cashpoint, he went to grab it and the machine took the money back in. I went to the bank the next day and explained what had happened, the bank had done a count and knew they had too much so gave me the money back.
C-V8 II 104/2146 CHJ 948B
ex FF II, Interceptor I, II and III, SP, GTs and Healeys. You might say I got the bug....
JOC Member No. 5061

Return to “General Discussion”