Late Int mk3 at Brightwells

Jensens Only! Forum automatically deletes unanswered posts after 120 days.
kenny38

Re: Late Int mk3 at Brightwells

Post by kenny38 »

I have no problem with some one flicking a car or indeed any purchase. My sister in law, bless her, does it on ebay at times very well indeed. As some have suggested if you want a Jensen, to start with you must pay the market price and not some optomistic nonsense.
. There are no bargains (anymore) and you will not get much good under 40K and that is problematical at that price too. Arcnewal, with absolute respect, you are being a little unrealistic and sentimental about class and not caring about value etc. Of course you have to be aware of values. How else to determine insurance. What is your car insured for......5-10K? I think not. Face facts. The Jensen punter is slowly changing in profile. When I joined the Jensen fraternity 30 years ago I was amazed at how much car you got for the money. (not for long did I think I got a bargain though as until a bare metal resto she was a rust bucket) A member said the marque was really a hobbyist's car. A forgotten Classic. "But we like that as it's our secret and we can afford them". That attitude is sadly still out there with SOME members who are of the pure of heart brigade and want to keep the marque in reach of people of limited budgets!! It's amazing that you never hear E Type/AM/AH 3000 owners complaining about unaffordability or for that matter the cars being "done up" in some lock up or tiny garage attached to a semi some where in the burbs. The values of Jensen have always been clouded by opinions of "not quite a gentleman, sir" A broad shoulder's car which never recovered from the great oil crisis unlike AM/Ferrari etc. Try to see the bright side of people making "flip money". That dealer under dicussion obviously saw what could be considered a bargain because all the complainers were absent and pounced. He has put it on sale for what should have been paid at the auction. Good for him. This is our precious market system. Croperdy Bridge with a Jensen currently being built for a projected sale price of 250K must know something about modern buyers. Enjoy! Kenny38 8)
cannonball

Post by cannonball »

kenny38 wrote:I have no problem with some one flicking a car or indeed any purchase. My sister in law, bless her, does it on ebay at times very well indeed. As some have suggested if you want a Jensen, to start with you must pay the market price and not some optomistic nonsense.
. There are no bargains (anymore) and you will not get much good under 40K and that is problematical at that price too. Arcnewal, with absolute respect, you are being a little unrealistic and sentimental about class and not caring about value etc. Of course you have to be aware of values. How else to determine insurance. What is your car insured for......5-10K? I think not. Face facts. The Jensen punter is slowly changing in profile. When I joined the Jensen fraternity 30 years ago I was amazed at how much car you got for the money. (not for long did I think I got a bargain though as until a bare metal resto she was a rust bucket) A member said the marque was really a hobbyist's car. A forgotten Classic. "But we like that as it's our secret and we can afford them". That attitude is sadly still out there with SOME members who are of the pure of heart brigade and want to keep the marque in reach of people of limited budgets!! It's amazing that you never hear E Type/AM/AH 3000 owners complaining about unaffordability or for that matter the cars being "done up" in some lock up or tiny garage attached to a semi some where in the burbs. The values of Jensen have always been clouded by opinions of "not quite a gentleman, sir" A broad shoulder's car which never recovered from the great oil crisis unlike AM/Ferrari etc. Try to see the bright side of people making "flip money". That dealer under dicussion obviously saw what could be considered a bargain because all the complainers were absent and pounced. He has put it on sale for what should have been paid at the auction. Good for him. This is our precious market system. Croperdy Bridge with a Jensen currently being built for a projected sale price of 250K must know something about modern buyers. Enjoy! Kenny38 8)
Blimey Kenny i am going to air freight you a virgin white goat for you to raise for me you have put in to the typed word what i have been trying to say,,,,,,,, :shock: :D :D :D
WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, 07974 088375,
CLOBBER THE COMPETITION
felixkk

Post by felixkk »

SOME members who are of the pure of heart brigade and want to keep the marque in reach of people of limited budgets
The degentrification and subsequent gentrification of the Jensen marque, borrowing the terms from real estate/urban planning :shock:
Felix Kistler
C-V8 112/2454, 541DL 2223849
JOC 9465
Secretary/VP JCC Jensen Car Club of Switzerland

www.jcc.ch / office@jcc.ch
SRD

Post by SRD »

|Postby Pymmie » Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:26 pm

"As I know the previous owner and was recently at a show

with him , I know the problems he was having with the car.

If it sells for around £34k the new owner will easily spend between

£10k-£15k improving the car."

John is spot on with his assessment and possibly more needs doing.

I went to see the car, as have the itch for a walnut dash model, but did not bid at the auction, the car needed considerable work.

Caveat Emptor at the new price....
johnw

Post by johnw »

I have been thinking that Jensen prices were going way too high, although they have always been generally better looking than similarly priced alternatives, they seem to have been much stronger than other classics recently, perhaps taking their rightful place? Having got in at the bottom once before, the concern is that dibbing in again now you can loose your money. Having said that, the blurb from the new advert makes it sound like perfection personified, and a real steal at the new price, or quite a bit more even. £23K did seem unreasonably low.

What would be worth knowing, is did the dissatisfied customers from this dealer get their money back, and what were the sort of problems the previous owner was having. Can people mention these?

I would add that I recently went to view a classic car in Switzerland, that was slightly miss advertised and well overpriced in my view. It was a previously show winning car, but now an older car and with a defective top gear still un-repaired (I found the original UK advert listing its faults), and the seller had sent a trailer to the UK immediately after BREXIT, when the pound dipped, snapped up a DB5, and filled the space on the transporter with lower end stuff to cover transport. What is interesting is how a weak pound can trigger sales of up to £500K worth of classics almost overnight.
Have you seen our stolen Jensen FF 119/011 https://twitter.com/jensenffdotcom
kenny38

Post by kenny38 »

Did the original owner (at auction join the club/forum and proudly declareon) have a no reserve? If so perhaps he was just bleeding happy/ lucky to unload it. It will sell as even at 33K or so it will with some cash thrown at it become a nice car and doubtless the new retail owner will show his nice restored mistress to us all. Kenny38 8)
SRD

Post by SRD »

Now listed on :

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1975-JENSEN- ... Swq8FbPA85" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
johnw

Post by johnw »

The seller has an interesting selection of cars for sale, not just the VW Bug in the picture, a host of cars from a Lada estate, Ford Pilot, also a 356 which is advertised at £250K. I imagine he bought a few cars that day. Basically he runs a big toy shop.
Have you seen our stolen Jensen FF 119/011 https://twitter.com/jensenffdotcom
geoff

Post by geoff »

Hi I totally agree with Mr Cannonball, these cars are still cheap compared to many lesser makes. Why do members continually talk the prices on the Jensen down!! The other thing,to consider is that to restore these cars can cost 10's of thousands and so even if you are a fan and enjoy the car for a long time, at some point when you want to sell you need to get your money back. So prices I would argue are still way to low.
Neil183

Post by Neil183 »

johnw wrote:I have been thinking that Jensen prices were going way too high, although they have always been generally better looking than similarly priced alternatives, they seem to have been much stronger than other classics recently, perhaps taking their rightful place? Having got in at the bottom once before, the concern is that dibbing in again now you can loose your money. Having said that, the blurb from the new advert makes it sound like perfection personified, and a real steal at the new price, or quite a bit more even. £23K did seem unreasonably low.

What would be worth knowing, is did the dissatisfied customers from this dealer get their money back, and what were the sort of problems the previous owner was having. Can people mention these?
Well, since you ask, I actually did buy a Triumph Stag from this dealer a couple of Years ago which had a slight misfire which at the time of test drive seemed to be down to dirty fuel as it was running on empty. It turned out to be a lot more involved and needed major engine works. I was able to walk away from the car and they gave me a full refund shortly after which was a welcome surprise.
Its true that you need to leave a deposit before they let you loose in a car, but as somebody else has said, they have some very nice and varied cars, so must get their fair share of tyre kickers & joy riders along, therfore its understandable that they have this policy to weed out the genuine buyers.

Just thought it fair to add a real World experience!

Return to “Cars For Sale”