Late Int mk3 at Brightwells

Jensens Only! Forum automatically deletes unanswered posts after 120 days.
Peter Rothery

Late Int mk3 at Brightwells

Post by Peter Rothery »

brightwells mk3.jpg
brightwells mk3.jpg (239.07 KiB) Viewed 5351 times
https://www.brightwells.com/classic-mot ... 24th-june/
Clive Bishop

Re: Late Int mk3 at Brightwells

Post by Clive Bishop »

Belongs to a member in the Wessex region. Pm me for more details if anyone is seriously interested.
1973 Interceptor Mk III 136/8332 - Moss Green
1973 Jensen Healey Mk 1 11362 - Magenta - Owned by Lindsey
1972 Jensen Healey Mk 1 10343 - Sadly too far gone and so now a donor car
1973 Jensen Healey Mk 1 12504 - Sold for potential restoration / racer
SRD

Post by SRD »

Sold for 23,300 with buyer premium
Pymmie

Post by Pymmie »

Car has appeared at M & M Automotive

It’s now £11,500 dearer

https://www.mandmautomotive.co.uk/used- ... v65291211/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

John P
Attachments
13425B51-4A9A-4D64-8912-EFE6D713AB4B.jpeg
13425B51-4A9A-4D64-8912-EFE6D713AB4B.jpeg (364.25 KiB) Viewed 4953 times
C00EB61F-04A9-445F-97CE-3039BF20A912.jpeg
C00EB61F-04A9-445F-97CE-3039BF20A912.jpeg (376.11 KiB) Viewed 4953 times
Previous Jensen Owner 2010-2022 (128/4451)

Understeer - Hitting the fence with the front of the car
Oversteer - Hitting the fence with the rear of the car
Horsepower -How fast you hit the fence
Torque - How far you take the fence with you
Arcnewal

Post by Arcnewal »

Pymmie wrote:Car has appeared at M & M Automotive

It’s now £11,500 dearer

https://www.mandmautomotive.co.uk/used- ... v65291211/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

John P
It’s ridiculous. This is one of the things that is ruining the whole classic car industry.
Pymmie

Post by Pymmie »

Indeed Lawrence,

They have a policy of always having the car you want at the back.

You can’t test drive it until you’ve put down a firm deposit.

Had this happened to 2 SW members with 2 separate cars.

John P

cannonball

Post by cannonball »

Arcnewal wrote:
Pymmie wrote:Car has appeared at M & M Automotive

It’s now £11,500 dearer

John P
It’s ridiculous. This is one of the things that is ruining the whole classic car industry.
Why is it ruining it, the buyers were obv not at the auction, so this firm stole it and now want proper money for it i can not fault them, same with that old red knacker from anglia auctions what was it £2,300 inc fees, its on the bay at £3,300 get the prices up,, Jensens have started to fall a little again, nothing else has so whats the story, negative talk thats what,,,,,,,,,,,,,
WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, 07974 088375,
CLOBBER THE COMPETITION
Arcnewal

Post by Arcnewal »

cannonball wrote:Why is it ruining it, the buyers were obv not at the auction, so this firm stole it and now want proper money for it i can not fault them, same with that old red knacker from anglia auctions what was it £2,300 inc fees, its on the bay at £3,300 get the prices up,, Jensens have started to fall a little again, nothing else has so whats the story, negative talk thats what,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Here we go again, talking about values :roll:.

Can you define what ‘proper money’ is, please?

It’s ruining it because there are some people out there that want their dream classic car, have a limited budget and in the end can’t afford it because of companies like this. They’re buying cars for whatever price and then adding £10,000 to the list price when they sell it on, for example. When companies and individuals buy cars at auctions etc I don’t have a problem with them selling them on for more than what that they paid for it if they’ve made improvements to the car. Why should this Interceptor now be for sale at £11,500 more than what they paid for it?

It’ll be interesting to see how long this cars for sale for.

This club and certain members need to take a leaf out of certain other classic car clubs. I’ve spoken to lots of members in other classic car clubs and how much their car is worth seems to be the last thing on their mind.
Pymmie

Post by Pymmie »

As I know the previous owner and was recently at a show

with him , I know the problems he was having with the car.

If it sells for around £34k the new owner will easily spend between

£10k-£15k improving the car.

John P

cannonball

Post by cannonball »

Arcnewal wrote:
cannonball wrote:Why is it ruining it, the buyers were obv not at the auction, so this firm stole it and now want proper money for it i can not fault them, same with that old red knacker from anglia auctions what was it £2,300 inc fees, its on the bay at £3,300 get the prices up,, Jensens have started to fall a little again, nothing else has so whats the story, negative talk thats what,,,,,,,,,,,,,

It’s ruining it because there are some people out there that want their dream classic car, have a limited budget and in the end can’t afford it because of companies like this. They’re buying cars for whatever price and then adding £10,000 to the list price when they sell it on, for example. When companies and individuals buy cars at auctions etc I don’t have a problem with them selling them on for more than what that they paid for it if they’ve made improvements to the car. Why should this Interceptor now be for sale at £11,500 more than what they paid for it?

This club and certain members need to take a leaf out of certain other classic car clubs. I’ve spoken to lots of members in other classic car clubs and how much their car is worth seems to be the last thing on their mind.
Most members on here in there defence do not care what the values are,it does not matter what price a Jensen is to 90% of people interested in buying a Jensen its still to expensive for them, this marque attracts low budget buyers no doubt about it, and i for one think f em dig deep or never own one, i certainly wish them guys well with that blue car good on em, it looks a nice thing for beer money 30k+ is nothing for a good marque, that car brought low 20,s if that outfit think its worth another 10k then thats up to them,,you forget some people are on mega wages so have the dollar to dig deep thats the Jensen owners of the future,, :wink: :wink:
CLOBBER THE COMPETITION
cannonball

Post by cannonball »

Arcnewal wrote:

This club and certain members need to take a leaf out of certain other classic car clubs. I’ve spoken to lots of members in other classic car clubs and how much their car is worth seems to be the last thing on their mind.[/quot

And you say there are lots of people with a limited budget and want there dream car,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, so why could that firm buy this car for 23k or whatever where were these people with there limited budget snapping that car up for bargain money ????? i tell you where thewy were ,, drinking coffee and dreaming about owning a JENSEN But no balls to pull the trigger ooohh i think its a bit much that one i will wait for a better one for less money yeh right,, been there and got the T shirt many times over,,
CLOBBER THE COMPETITION
Arcnewal

Post by Arcnewal »

M
cannonball wrote:this marque attracts low budget buyers no doubt about it, and i for one think f em dig deep or never own one, i certainly wish them guys well with that blue car good on em, it looks a nice thing for beer money 30k+ is nothing for a good marque, that car brought low 20,s if that outfit think its worth another 10k then thats up to them,,you forget some people are on mega wages so have the dollar to dig deep thats the Jensen owners of the future,, :wink: :wink:
This to me just seems as though you want a certain class of people buying Jensens. The Jensen owners of the future are people like my five month old son.
cannonball wrote:And you say there are lots of people with a limited budget and want there dream car,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, so why could that firm buy this car for 23k or whatever where were these people with there limited budget snapping that car up for bargain money ????? i tell you where thewy were ,, drinking coffee and dreaming about owning a JENSEN But no balls to pull the trigger ooohh i think its a bit much that one i will wait for a better one for less money yeh right,, been there and got the T shirt many times over,,
I never said in my reply there are lots of people with a limited budget, I said there are some. I also wasn’t specifically talking about people a having limited budget for this Jensen either, I’m talking about the whole classic car industry.
RockyUSA

Post by RockyUSA »

Unfortunately, the world runs on $, and capitalism depends on profits.

Future Jensen owners in 2040 will have the same problem as we do now, finding the right car at the right price.

I agreed with Cannonball. When you decide you are going to get a car, you do your research, save up your £ or € or $, and when you see a good car, you have to pull the trigger.

There’s other ways to get one, too. Help your dad work on his when you are young, in hopes he’ll let you drive it when you are mature enough. Join the club and schmooze and rub elbows with the members, and you will stand a good chance of finding a good car at a fair price.

Rocky

PS... And there is nothing to say that Brightwells will get the extra 11K Quids (or whatever you guys call it) when they sell. Cash money with a buyer who has done his homework is a powerful incentive to a dealer.....

(Actually, they like the cash, informed buyers... not so much.)
Last edited by RockyUSA on Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
‘71 TVR Vixen 2500 - (M Series Tribute)
'72 Interceptor III - 133/5597
'73 DeTomaso Pantera
'74 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ-40
'95 Jaguar XJS Convertible
Pymmie

Post by Pymmie »

Cannonball ,

I agree with you about prices but this car isn’t a £35k car yet.

In fact I believe M & M sold a Mk2 at least twice around 18 months ago with both purchasers

returning the car soon after for a refund as it was not as described.

Caveat Emptor

John P
Last edited by Pymmie on Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

garyc

Post by garyc »

Hello Guys
Nothing new here really
They are a car sales company they buy cars then try and sell them for more......plenty of them around from large companies to small 1 man operations all with same Target to make money.
I saw a car there 3 or 4 years ago it wasn't for me but judging by the amount of cars they now have for sale which is considerably more than then they have done very well.

I'm with Duncan on this if you want a car then you need to buy it I'm sure we have all been there and wish we had bought whatever and didn't .

If you want one find one and buy it you could wait for ever for the perfect car....it might not come along.

Only 3 types of buyers really
1 who don't care about value but want to drive car
2 who care about value but also want to drive car

3 people who buy to make money

Nothing wrong with any of them but if I was selling my car I would rather sell it for 30k as opposed to 3k

If everyone answers honestly I am sure they would say the same.

Older owners selling their cars now or in the future can hopefully sell for more than they paid and in some cases it could be a lifestyle change for them
Surely that's a good thing.
GaryC

Return to “Cars For Sale”