Seat Trim Polishing

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
Richie
V8 Lover

Seat Trim Polishing

Post by Richie »

So...I started the very easy bit of my change to black seats project this evening...
As you can hopefully see, the trim bits could do with a little renovation and with this in mind, what's the best method to use without being to aggressive and causing damage? There's a bit of tarnish on the upper support that can't be seen on the pic.
Attachments
20180522_210532.jpg
20180522_210532.jpg (127.75 KiB) Viewed 1978 times
slotcarone

Re: Seat Trim Polishing

Post by slotcarone »

Those pieces are chrome. I would use chrome or metal polish. :)
1972 Interceptor III
133-5612
Richie
V8 Lover

Post by Richie »

Simple solutions to simple problems. I like that :D
ernie100

Post by ernie100 »

Sorry to slightly hijack the thread, but my chrome trims on my Mark 111 are pitted, does anyone have any experience of getting them refurbished ? I would rather get them refurbished than replaced, but assume in the worst possible case I can get new ones?
Thanks
David

Warwickshire.....
Mark 111...being restored...(An Interceptor newbie)
E Type Series 2
1957 Land Rover Series 1
Mazda MX5 Rocketeer (V6 Jaguar 3 litre )
Toby

Post by Toby »

ernie100 wrote:Sorry to slightly hijack the thread, but my chrome trims on my Mark 111 are pitted, does anyone have any experience of getting them refurbished ? I would rather get them refurbished than replaced, but assume in the worst possible case I can get new ones?
Rejen had some limited new old stock when i replaced two of my trims which i attempted to get rechromed. The rechroming process revealed that mine were two sections joined together which would have required extensive fettling to get right so i took the new route
1973 Interceptor III
1997 Daimler X308 Super Eight
1937 Ford Model 10 CX
Joe Schiavone

Post by Joe Schiavone »

Here I go again. If you decide to polish out the existing chrome a trick I use is a deck of playing cards. Take a playing card and slip between the chrome metal and the leather and go around the chrome to keep the polish off the leather. A product I like is Never Dull Majic Wadding. It does a good job cleaning it is not abrasive and does not leave white residue. RacerJoe
garyc

Post by garyc »

That's a really good tip Joe I'll remember that one for future use.
Thanks
GaryC

Return to “General Discussion”