Berkeley Brown ?

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
Grant

Re: Berkeley Brown ?

Post by Grant »

Wicked ColourImage
Cliff Richard had one in the is colour didn't he, but after it broke down on the 3rd time as he come around the roundabout he decided to sell it, he spoke to Reg.. "Hall's Of Finchley".. ImageReg.. "It's got to go"Image
Sadly that one got broken up :?
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
"Monkey Man"sig RegistrarImage
Chris_R
JOC General Secretary

Post by Chris_R »

From your list of colours, California Sage is a very elegant green colour, dropped from the colour range in early 1973, but I don't think it matches your requirement to be not discreet. Moss green is a brighter green, also very elegant and not common, used until mid-1975.
According to Richard Calver's originality book, Positano Yellow was a Mk1 only colour, MkIII was just called Yellow. What the difference is I have no idea. The book seems to show Yellow to be brighter than Positano Yellow which appears more of an orangey yellow but that could be printing differences. Mango is not a listed Jensen colour. I don't know what that is.
If you want an original Jensen colour that is not discreet, from your list I would suggest Yellow or Tangerine meets the "not discreet" requirement. I think red also looks good on an Interceptor but perhaps I am biased on that! There are a few different original Jensen reds.
If you are not fussed about an original Jensen colour, then the world is your oyster, you can choose whatever you want, even sky blue pink if you can find it!
Chris
JOC Member 6116
--------------------------------------------------
ernie100

Post by ernie100 »

Thanks Guys...
Positano Yellow..I do like it... :) PS Cliff Richard later stated that he wished he hadnt got rid of his Interceptor.
Mango was painted on only a couple of cars as the original customer who commissioned the colour complained that it was not exclusive when Jensen painted 1 or more others..so Jensen didnt use the colour anymore.
California Sage is a lovely colour..I think (but havent seen one in the flesh yet)
Steve that Green may be a bit too sophisticated for me....

I can just imagine Grant stopping the traffic and blocking the road for his photoshoot................

Now back to continue to paint the engine compartment and stripped front suspension assembly.............will post photos later in a separate thread..
Thanks TTFN
Thanks
David

Warwickshire.....
Mark 111...being restored...(An Interceptor newbie)
E Type Series 2
1957 Land Rover Series 1
Mazda MX5 Rocketeer (V6 Jaguar 3 litre )
Arcnewal

Post by Arcnewal »

Grant wrote:Cliff Richard had one in the is colour didn't he, but after it broke down on the 3rd time as he come around the roundabout he decided to sell it
That’s a shame. Kind of similar to Yarwood, he had his Interceptor for around six months before selling it due to continuous problems. His car even developed rust and engine issues before it had left both the factory and dealer.
Grant

Post by Grant »

Arcnewal wrote:
Grant wrote:Cliff Richard had one in the is colour didn't he, but after it broke down on the 3rd time as he come around the roundabout he decided to sell it
That’s a shame. Kind of similar to Yarwood, he had his Interceptor for around six months before selling it due to continuous problems. His car even developed rust and engine issues before it had left both the factory and dealer.
And it still had the stalling problem Lawrence when I found it.. that was the issue that the owner had and the dispute with Slipstream Auto's Lawrence :?
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
"Monkey Man"sig RegistrarImage
NickA

Post by NickA »

California Sage as requested
Attachments
Down by the river.JPG
Down by the river.JPG (179.35 KiB) Viewed 1802 times
Ready for the road.jpg
Ready for the road.jpg (520.85 KiB) Viewed 1802 times
Nick

JOC Member 9619

Jensen Healey Mk2
Ex Interceptor MkIII 2240-9690
Arcnewal

Post by Arcnewal »

Grant wrote:And it still had the stalling problem Lawrence when I found it.. that was the issue that the owner had and the dispute with Slipstream Auto's Lawrence :?
It was certainly a troublesome car :lol:, I remember the previous owner telling me (and I think you told me as well, Grant) that the whole stalling issue and dispute with Slipstream was taken to court. I’ve put lots of research into trying to find out what the verdict was, but haven’t had much luck.
Kevin Birch

Post by Kevin Birch »

Paul Mac has a MK1 in Positano Yellow, I've seen it up close and it is a vile colour, (sorry paul) whereas Mango and tangerine are stunning. From memory Positano is a orangy yellowe metallic, I just remember not liking it as soon as I set eyes on it. Probably why no body has had one sprayed this colour.

Rather than Berekley brown, I saw Mike Andews' FF in Moorland Peat with a gold roof which looked stunning, and have thought about having mine redone that colour scheme when the time comes, I was that impressed with how it looked.
My Toys: Lotus Cortina MK2.RangeRover P38, Yam inflatable, Saab 9-3 Convertible.
Mk1 Interceptor, 115/3067

Return to “General Discussion”