Gary C's Interceptor III

Celebrating the arrival of Spring with a very nice Interceptor
zacmarshall

Gary C's Interceptor III

Post by zacmarshall »

This is Gary C's Interceptor III.

This is what Gary had to say about his car:
I first considered buying a Jensen when I was 23 but after investigating further I realised this would not be practical for day to day use so I bought the next best thing.....in my mind anyway......a black Capri Mk3 2.0S.
Fast forward 30 odd years and various other cars and I started looking for a Jensen again.
Over the period of a year I looked at 9 cars and then with the help of Andy Brooks bought this car.

A full bare metal restoration was started by the previous owner in 2009 which spanned over 5 years and the car is a credit to his dedication as he really did all the hard work.

During my ownership since 2015 I have carried on improving the car working on the engine and engine bay replacing parts alternator upgrade, fuel pump, throttle/kick down assembly replacing and re-routing cables and wiring.
On the bodywork the doors and bonnet have all been adjusted to give a much better fit and the chrome bright work has also been removed and refitted which now gives the car much cleaner, sharper lines.
The car has been out and about a lot over the last few years at club events and at the Jensen Owners Club International Weekend 2017 placed 3rd at the Open Concours Event and Won Best Interceptor of the Show Cup which culminated in representing JOC at The Club Trophy Event at Hampton Court Palace.

C-V8 II 104/2146 CHJ 948B
ex FF II, Interceptor I, II and III, SP, GTs and Healeys. You might say I got the bug....
JOC Member No. 5061
Grant

Re: Gary C's Interceptor III

Post by Grant »

:shock: Wow... That is just stunningImage.. In fact it looks perfect from every angle, the inside, outside, underneath and under the bonnet. The owner deserves one of these>> Image and have another oneImage
I did see this car at the "Concours of Elegance" at Hampton court last year and again I was amazed how beautiful it was.. It is a credit to the owner, I wish I owned.. I would be a very proud manImage
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
"Monkey Man"sig RegistrarImage
cannonball

Post by cannonball »

It is King so the Boss says, very very nice, not often do you see this colour the bigger rims go with it well to, credit to you sir, better wear some of these driving that,,cooolo 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, 07974 088375,
CLOBBER THE COMPETITION
Eddie

Post by Eddie »

A very worthy car of the month.

Seen this on more than a few occasions now and always looks stunning.

This is the car that gave me the inspiration to do my engine and bay.

Spot on motor :D
Eddie

JOC 10030
Interceptor II 123/3901 CEA 1J
1970 Earls Court Motorshow Car
KaranMK2
JOC Chairman

Post by KaranMK2 »

Top Notch!!! is the colour oakland green?

Karan
Mark1Stu

Post by Mark1Stu »

Congratulations Gary. Lovely looking motor.

It takes much effort to keep such a sparkling car clean - so if you require help to dust the roof, you know who to call.

Cheers

Stuart
Kevin Birch

Post by Kevin Birch »

Top notch motor, and to be honest top notch bloke too. Always good fun to be around, well done Gary, and certainly deserves to be car of the month.
My Toys: Lotus Cortina MK2.RangeRover P38, Yam inflatable, Saab 9-3 Convertible.
Mk1 Interceptor, 115/3067
Pymmie

Post by Pymmie »

Well done Gary,

Had the pleasure of manning the the NEC stand in 2016 when both Gary and his car were there.

Car really stood out under the lighting rig.

Cracking motor and nice guy..

John P
Previous Jensen Owner 2010-2022 (128/4451)

Understeer - Hitting the fence with the front of the car
Oversteer - Hitting the fence with the rear of the car
Horsepower -How fast you hit the fence
Torque - How far you take the fence with you
garyc

Post by garyc »

Thanks for all the comments guys :D

Karan the car was originally oaklands green but is now Kosrae Green Pearl a Range Rover Colour

Looking forward to catching up with you all over the coming season

GaryC
Martin R

Post by Martin R »

Well done Gary - the storage system probably had something to do with the wonderful condition :wink: :lol:
FF MK1 119/100
Interceptor MK3 136/8514
JOC Member 8905
Tim SP
JOC Interceptor Variants Registrar

Post by Tim SP »

Nice machine, good bloke too.

Who adjusted the panels then, seem to recall was well spent morning!!
garyc

Post by garyc »

Hello Tim

Yes it was a very well spent morning in Shillingford at JOC Spring Weekend 2016 doors aligned and adjusted courtesy of Tim (thanks mate) ….....who was very handy with the spanners that morning…… we then moved onto the bonnet a 3 man job (thanks, also to Brian) luckily it wasn’t windy as we were outside

These adjustments made the car lines look so much sharper and I really wasn`t expecting this sort of help on this weekend

It confirmed the friendly club image to me as I was a relatively new member at the time and everyone made us feel very welcome and as you all know nothing better than standing around chatting and tinkering with Jensens :D

GaryC
Joe Schiavone

Post by Joe Schiavone »

Gary. Could you possibly do an engine compartment photo shoot and post it. I am very interested and impressed with your choice of detail and presentation. Fantastic and accolades to you. If you could pm me if you decide to post some pics. What type of headers did you go with? Nice Job. RacerJoe
garyc

Post by garyc »

Hello Joe
Ive sent you a pm re headers and pics
GaryC
mustbemad

Post by mustbemad »

I've known Gary and this car for a couple of years, and I've seen him take what was a fabulous car in the first place and make it exceptional.

With all the work and effort Gary has put in, it must now be one of the best in the country.

Deserved Car of the Month :)
Found a III, now I know the user name is correct!

Return to “March 2018”