Engine heat evacuation syste

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
kenny38

Re: Engine heat evacuation syste

Post by kenny38 »

I cannot believe this thread is still running....7k+?? Surely now this topic is totally exhausted.Have referred you all to my neighbour who among other things treats Aspergers syndrome.
Let us now cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees. I do like trains though. Kenny38
Joe Schiavone

Post by Joe Schiavone »

Tim. Thanks for the 160 input. I will hold off on the 180 I have set my car up with the ability to manually control the fans as well as override automatic sending unit As far as too much info. Please do not waste your time reading and you will not get fustrated nor will you possibly learn more as I just did. Racerjoe
Joe Schiavone

Post by Joe Schiavone »

Does anyone know why the factory decided to weather seal the hood or bonnet down both sides and above the cowl. I have never seen this before. My guess is noise reduction. I know that between the airport extraction fans and slightly raising the hood there is no heat buildup inside the car. RacerJoe
Julian

Post by Julian »

Ahead of their time ?
Most modern cars have rubber sealing all around the hood/bonnet.

I presume like you suggest to reduce noise and maybe water ingress? Tho the louvers rather undermine both those items ...
BMW M635csi (Dinan 3.8) & 1976 Interceptor Convertible
Joe Schiavone

Post by Joe Schiavone »

I owned a 365 GTC Ferrari and it had two significant openings at the rear of both sides of the hood verses like the rear wing openings on the Interceptor and the 330 GTC. Possibly that configuration would have corrected the heat problem better. More air in just packs more heated air to the bulk head where there is no place to go. It does not force the heat lower and out. So far my system lad worked well. RacerJoe
Joe Schiavone

Post by Joe Schiavone »

Adrian pertaining to engine heat evacuation system. You posted about the exhaust shielding. I went back to my pics prior to disassembly. I looked at my silver cloth (new) after a summer of driving with my fan extraction system and looked at the fellow in calif who is doing a bang up job Stu I. His befor and after engine comp pics. 24-25 pages. The rear half of the factory exhaust manifold is superheating the blower box and air box along with the enclosed steering column housing. The blower box housing being super hot is heating the ac before coming out and loosing efficiency and the inside firewall is soaking up heat. I looked at George Phelps of KD Conv and his original insulation was roached to nothing. The culprit is the radiating heat from the back half of the exhaust manifold affecting all close metal beside and rearward. My new foil rearward rearward below th blower box housing was all turned brown. I have designed an insulated shield for both sides to solve the radiant heat transportation fer RacerJoe
Joe Schiavone

Post by Joe Schiavone »

I just ordered a factory fan blade for correct color. I can not believe how small of fan blade area the factory original fans were made. Even with 3 fans going the volume of air was probably equal to an American 6 cylinder. I have two German 2 speed motors in my Interceptor now. One final note. I have concluded there is a massive bottleneck in the Interceptor only so much air can get in the engine compartment the way to correct the heat buildup is air removal from the engine compartment. My marine bilge pumps doe work. 400 cam Racer Joe

Return to “General Discussion”