Chrome Paint

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
zacmarshall

Chrome Paint

Post by zacmarshall »

A friend has asked me if we have any recommendations for chrome paint, it is actually for radiator pipes but I guess people may have used it for car stuff. The only thing I could find on the forum was a chrome paint kit which was a bit pricy.
C-V8 II 104/2146 CHJ 948B
ex FF II, Interceptor I, II and III, SP, GTs and Healeys. You might say I got the bug....
JOC Member No. 5061
Martin R

Re: Chrome Paint

Post by Martin R »

For radiator pipes, I’ve found the best solution to be chrome effect “wraps” or “sleeves” which are available at B&Q etc.
FF MK1 119/100
Interceptor MK3 136/8514
JOC Member 8905
JHV8

Post by JHV8 »

I bought some like this and the actual colour spray does give good shining finish but it is not robust enough and needs a clear coat ,but when this is applied it then goes like normal silver paint. If the parts are suitable chrome car wrap will give the best results
16 valves but 4 extra pistons.

Rob d'Eca
JH-V8 - 13296
JOC No. 8081

https://www.printwell.london/deca/

Grant

Post by Grant »

You can buy both 15mm and 22mm chrome plated over copper pipe Zac, it's not that expensive either :wink:
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
"Monkey Man"sig RegistrarImage
jvcarrier

Post by jvcarrier »

The diy chrome plastic pipe wraps work really well on radiator pipes, I have used both white and chrome over the years. They get a bit tired after 4 to 5 years but replacing them is dirt cheap and easy. (try Screwfix)
Rgds

John

Return to “General Discussion”