Cropredy new build Interceptor

Jensens Only! Forum automatically deletes unanswered posts after 120 days.
Mark1Stu

Cropredy new build Interceptor

Post by Mark1Stu »

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C913967" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ajc9415

Re: Cropredy new build Interceptor

Post by ajc9415 »

£248,000 ........... I know these things take a huge amount of work but even as a big Intercetor fan that's a lot for anyone's pocket!!
Adrian
1974 Interceptor Mk III 2240-9415
JOC Member 9648
AH1951

Post by AH1951 »

I wonder how much Martin Robey would charge to build a TOTALLY new Interceptor?
They used to say in their back cover full page ad in the JOC magazine that they had this capability.
But I never heard of such a build being commissioned.
Mark1Stu

Post by Mark1Stu »

I'd expect nothing less than spot on panel gaps and body contours at that price.

I've seen job vacancies at Cropredy being advertised recently. So hopefully the quality will be commensurate with the price.

Interestingly, you don't see many high end Astons with the roof cut out for a Webasto (see ad picture). My impression is high end restos go the opposite way and reinstate the tin top. At that price, I would assume fabricating a new Interceptor roof panel would be possible - which might benefit us all, as this is a hard to find part - even secondhand. However, I assume, if the customer is willing to pay, they can have whatever they want.

Good luck I say. Do us proud Cropredy.
Eddie

Post by Eddie »

Reading the advert it states being the last build slot for 2017.
I assume from this that there has been other build slots throughout the year.
With this in mind are there some £250k Interceptors on the road??
Eddie

JOC 10030
Interceptor II 123/3901 CEA 1J
1970 Earls Court Motorshow Car
archie
The Mild Child

Post by archie »

For £49.000 i have a beautiful mk3 ready to enjoy and enough money left for petrol :D
Eddie

Post by Eddie »

archie wrote:For £49.000 i have a beautiful mk3 ready to enjoy and enough money left for petrol :D
And a house with a garage to put it in :D
Eddie

JOC 10030
Interceptor II 123/3901 CEA 1J
1970 Earls Court Motorshow Car
Howie

Post by Howie »

I think this price reflects how much a new Jensen Interceptor would cost in today market if it was still manufactured today, on par with the likes of McLaren, Lamborghini etc. Nice to think I am driving a car that cost £250k new and not a cheap DB9!
Interceptor Mk111
Volvo P1800
Mercedes Benz 230SL
Porsche BoxsterS
999MYJ

Post by 999MYJ »

So are they registered as new cars or is there a donor car ?
geoff

Post by geoff »

Hi All

On the subject of price, in both this feed and others, I find it strange that fellow Jensen owners are so negative about the high price of Interceptors. Surely this is good news for a car of this caliber, why talk down the price? The Interceptor has long been undervalued and is finally moving to where it should be compared to other prestigious makes.
cannonball

Post by cannonball »

geoff wrote:Hi All

On the subject of price, in both this feed and others, I find it strange that fellow Jensen owners are so negative about the high price of Interceptors. Surely this is good news for a car of this caliber, why talk down the price? The Interceptor has long been undervalued and is finally moving to where it should be compared to other prestigious makes.
Ha ha i have said that so many times,, way back i used to break interceptors when new handbuilt high priced supercar gt, could not get 10 pence for some parts shows what type of person owned them, so i threw the towel in,, :shock: :shock: :shock: moved on to mopar muscle cheap old yank muscle cars when new but current owners would pay fair money for spares, it dont make sense,,
WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, 07974 088375,
CLOBBER THE COMPETITION
garyc

Post by garyc »

we discussed it here a while ago its an interesting topic

https://www.joc.org.uk/forum/viewtopic. ... 08#p181408" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I agree with you Duncan I dont get it either one of the reasons I bought a Jensen was because it looked such a good buy compared to Astons and E types of similar year and condition and in my view it still is

Eagle do the same for the E types and last time I saw one they said they wanted 600k for it which was fully restored with subtle mods so 248k doesnt sound so expensive compared to that

If your cars going up in value during your ownership surely thats a good thing..............if everyone's Jensen went down by 1/2 then im sure people wouldn't be happy then either

GaryC
AH1951

Post by AH1951 »

Rising values are fine, if you already own a Jensen, but how many long-term Interceptor owners would buy one today if they had to pay seventy-thousand pounds for it?
Getting an interesting car at an affordable price is a large part of the pleasure in owning one, unless you are wealthy.
Last edited by AH1951 on Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dion

Post by Dion »

AH1951 wrote: I recently bought a 2008 CL500 Mercedes coupe, for about one sixth of its new price. It looks, drives, smells and feels like a new car. But I expect it to just keep dropping in value for a long time.
As a winter/everyday car, I'm getting a BMW X5 for about 3,000 pounds.
And as a special car, only for longer trips, next summer, a Bentley Flying Spur.
Do you also own a Jensen? If not, what is the interest in the make or is it just because this is such a nice forum? :D
The future ain’t what it used to be.

Interceptor Mk1 LHD & RHD
GT LHD
kenny38

Post by kenny38 »

Jensen's are trending up quite sharply. You have to accept the brand fell into disrepair since the Saudies turned off the fuel back in the early seventies. Petrol quadrupled in price and the japs had a head start. Overnight i went from American Fairlane (which wouldn't turn the corner in snow and was a heap) to a Jap 4 cylinder. But it had every so called extra in the price) meanwhile back in UK/Australia no one wanted Ferraries, AM and other big cars. I remember an auction 4-5 years later where a DB4 was passed in at 12K aus. No one wanted them. Near the 80's the market for these "super" cars turned around and prices began to rise. Regrettably the poor old Jensen being a mongeral etc. really stayed at home ...usually in some half assed home mechanic's back yard so when put on the market they were a BAD car. I know because I bought one.
The prices for the "super" cars have risen over a 30 year period. Jensens (and I love em to bits) have really only started a slow and tortous climb in the past FIVE years in my opinion. Prices for QUALITY cars will continue to rise. They are the only cars punters want. Total bloody turn key! Duncan's SP by looks should be a 200K car. And will be to the lucky punter in a couple of years. Give the marque a badly needed break for Christ's sake. 250K for a super car still an elegant model able to be used every day and probably 90% new is not that dear for people with the real dosh. I wish i had one. Hats off to Cropedy. I hope they fill all the bays in 018 Kenny 38 8)

Return to “Cars For Sale”