Help for Int convertible problem

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
ajm541s

Help for Int convertible problem

Post by ajm541s »

I have just had a message from Jacques Beherman, ex Jensen importer for Belgium, that his convertible has ceased to function and he looking for workshop manual type availability. Does the Int111/SP/FF manual include the convertible?
In any case, he would appreciate any help from anyone either side of the Channel and he can be contacted by email via me in the first instance.
Thanks in advance,
Tony M
Tony Marshall
JML 1967-74

JOC 7828
Keith

Re: Help for Int convertible problem

Post by Keith »

There was a supplement for the Convertible, Tony, which I published in the magazine many years ago. I'll see if I can find it tonight.

But the best way forward to to download the relevant wiring diagram for the Convertible (I've uploaded all of them to the club's website); they go by chassis number, so make sure Jacques chooses the correct one.

Then it's just fault-finding, remembering the reset button under the dash (driver's side).
Forum Founder & Forum Member No 1.
ajm541s

Post by ajm541s »

Thanks, Keith, information duly passed on. Maybe he will tell us what the actual problem is/was in due course.
Tony Marshall
JML 1967-74

JOC 7828
pedrow1

Post by pedrow1 »

My workshop manual for the Interceptor 111 purchased from Martin Robey recently does cover the convertible, it details the entire operation, set-up settings (micro switches, tollerences etc) and even replacement of the hood.
Jensen Interceptor Convertible
Yorkie

Post by Yorkie »

There is a lot of detail re the convertible roof, fitting and adjusting etc. in the workshop manual available from Robey or the club shop.
Joe Schiavone

Post by Joe Schiavone »

I am not a purist. Style does look good also. I like the top up with the rear 1/4 windows down. By just removing the hydraulic Rams you can easily raise or return the top to the up or down position. I can do it by myself. RacerJoe

Return to “General Discussion”