Jensen-Healey Mk1 907 engine for sale

Forum automatically deletes unanswered posts after 45 days
Andy Hamblin

Jensen-Healey Mk1 907 engine for sale

Post by Andy Hamblin »

I thought I'd post an ad that I will put up on ebay shortly, just in case any members are interested. Intended to start the bidding at £500. Contact me via PM if you are interested.

Here is a picture:
2017-04-09 18.14.30.jpg
2017-04-09 18.14.30.jpg (166.1 KiB) Viewed 2369 times
and here is the copy from the ad:

Jensen Healey Mk1 Lotus 907 Engine. 40,000 miles. Working well, just removed from car.

This auction is for a Jensen Healey Mk1 Lotus 907 engine. It is in good order throughout and drives very well with no known faults. It has good oil pressure and there are no oil leaks. This is the early version with the bulkhead mounted oil filler reservoir.

This is the history of this engine, as I know it:

The Jensen Healey you see in the pictures was bought by me about a year ago. It had been fully restored a couple of years earlier with many parts, including this engine, coming from a 37,000 mile Mk1 donor car. It had a burnt exhaust valve so the head was re-built before fitting.

Looking at the recent MOT history, I would estimate the engine has not yet reached 40,000 miles. I cannot verify this mileage, but have no reason to question it.

As an aside, I still have the original factory fitted engine that came with the car with a lot of other spares. The original engine also runs ok, so I can only conclude there would have been little point swapping it out unless it was for a better, lower mileage engine.

The engine is only available because I am having a 2.2 litre 907 built for the car. The engine was removed from the car last weekend and had been running very well up to its removal. In the year I have had the car, it has never given any trouble whatsoever.

The engine will be complete but less ancillaries, manifolds etc, which are needed for my new build.

The engine can be viewed by prior arrangement the Oxford area, just let me know if you would like to see it.

The 4 speed gearbox and overdrive unit were removed at the same time and are available separately from the sale of the engine. These are also in very good working order. If you would be interested in the engine/box/overdrive , let me know.
Andy Hamblin
Jensen-Healey HNX 300K
Chassis 10012
NigelK

Re: Jensen-Healey Mk1 907 engine for sale

Post by NigelK »

Hi Andy

I'm not in the market for a 907 engine or a Rootes 4-speed gearbox, but wanted to ask you a few questions out of interest:

1. Who is doing the 2.2 engine build for you? Are you going Lotus spec 10 (912HC) or some earlier spec?
2. Did you consider using the larger DHLA 45 carbs in your 2.2 build (as per Lotus variants of the 907 engine)?
3. Are you going down the Getrag 235/5 or the Toyota W58 route with your gearbox? Or something else?

Best wishes,
Nigel
Nigel Kieser
Bradford on Avon, Wiltshire
Interceptor 115/3484
Andy Hamblin

Post by Andy Hamblin »

Hi Nigel,

Martin Shirley built it for me. Fairly standard spec, standard pistons, 107 cams, Bosch fully electronic distributor etc. Dellorto 45's with Lotus airbox. Should be good for around 170-175 BHP. The 5 speed conversion is using a Ford Type 9 with custom bellhousing.
Andy Hamblin
Jensen-Healey HNX 300K
Chassis 10012
NigelK

Post by NigelK »

Thanks Andy. I'm looking forward to reading how that engine / gearbox combination turns out!
Nigel Kieser
Bradford on Avon, Wiltshire
Interceptor 115/3484
Andy Hamblin

Post by Andy Hamblin »

Me too!! Should be able to report back next weekend, if all goes well. Martin has built a few to that spec, so it is a known quantity for him.
Andy Hamblin
Jensen-Healey HNX 300K
Chassis 10012
Andy Hamblin

Post by Andy Hamblin »

Engine now sold.
Andy Hamblin
Jensen-Healey HNX 300K
Chassis 10012

Return to “Parts For Sale”