Someone has not checked the survivor's website

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
Dion

Re: Someone has not checked the survivor's website

Post by Dion »

Yes, 2943 was supplied to Charles Follett (London) on the 23rd of August. Three weeks later it was delivered to Sunbridge Park Motors in Bromley who sold it to the customer.
Was that the usual method of supplying a car? From the records I can see the order in June was from Sunbridge. Sunbridge maybe was not a Jensen approved supplier hence the delivery to Follett?
Also, interesting to see that the factory themselves contacted the first owner to congratulate them and sending the guarantee card to them personally instead of leaving that to the Jensen agent.
The future ain’t what it used to be.

Interceptor Mk1 LHD & RHD
GT LHD
pjb155

Post by pjb155 »

ambitiously priced at 150k GBP

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/645987 ... c-Car-Show" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
OH NO, i'm now JENSENLESS
1999 Rinker 212, 2014 Rotax Max, 1987 Bajaj AutoRickshaw 150
ajm541s

Post by ajm541s »

Dion wrote:Yes, 2943 was supplied to Charles Follett (London) on the 23rd of August. Three weeks later it was delivered to Sunbridge Park Motors in Bromley who sold it to the customer.
Was that the usual method of supplying a car? From the records I can see the order in June was from Sunbridge. Sunbridge maybe was not a Jensen approved supplier hence the delivery to Follett?
Also, interesting to see that the factory themselves contacted the first owner to congratulate them and sending the guarantee card to them personally instead of leaving that to the Jensen agent.
We supplied cars on a distributor/dealer system as most manufacturers, whereby a distributor was appointed to handle trade sales in am agreed territory. As Sunbridge Park were not Jensen dealers, they were supplied via Follet, the area distributor. This 'two tier' system was discontinue by all manufacturers many years ago.
Cars were supplied with guarantee cards for dealers to complete and return to us, exactly as the current guarantee registration system is employed today by nearly all manufacturers. I think the practice of writing direct to customers ceased not long after the example shown on this thread.
Tony Marshall
JML 1967-74

JOC 7828

Return to “General Discussion”