New look forum

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
bigaadams

Re: New look forum

Post by bigaadams »

delay my last....found the switch...my eyes are now in their comfort zone again
DaveAK

Post by DaveAK »

Aaarrrrrggghhhhhh!!!! Change!!! No!!!!

Give me a couple of weeks and I'll get used to it and forget what the old forum looked like. I do understand this kind of stuff needs to happen and what it takes to do it, so thanks to all involved.
72 MkIII Interceptor 133/5613 (440)
71 MkIII Interceptor 133/5546 (383)
55 Nash Metropolitan
JOC Member 9777
Joerg
JOC Early Cars Registrar

Post by Joerg »

The old look was better.

Joerg
I own some of the odd Jensen 8)
BTucky

Post by BTucky »

Many thanks to Zac & anyone else involved in this update. Being another colourblind male there are some websites I cannot use and the default setting I found this morning when I logged on was bordering on that. Fortunately I found style 6! If there is to be a single style locked in could we please ensure that with the available colour options it works for the typical red/green/brown colourblind crowd. Thanks & cheers, Brian
Brian Tuckett
73 Interceptor III 136/8149
71 Holden Premier V8
Jens
Dr. Umlaut & Area Rep for Germany

Post by Jens »

With all due respect Zac, but I think you should go back to the former layout.

The icons for the status of the threads are rubbish, colours difficult to differentiate and style changes are not visible on the iPhone.

Additionally the ergonomics of the buttons and the look and feel are a dramatic step backwards.

In this case the old version was way better than the new one - would love to have it back.

jj
In order of appearance:

(sold) C-V8 Mk III 112/2432
541 S 102/1035
(sold) FF MkII 127/243 (sold)
Healey Mk II 1140/14406
(sold)Jensen GT 1610/30257(sold)
Scimitar GTE SE5
Gordon Keeble #21
Jens
Dr. Umlaut & Area Rep for Germany

Post by Jens »

Error 508 still occuring every second page :shock:
In order of appearance:

(sold) C-V8 Mk III 112/2432
541 S 102/1035
(sold) FF MkII 127/243 (sold)
Healey Mk II 1140/14406
(sold)Jensen GT 1610/30257(sold)
Scimitar GTE SE5
Gordon Keeble #21
Per

Post by Per »

Zac, it seems I am not alone in preferring black on white. However only style 6 offers "something" on white. Could you dump some of the more garish styles and replace with simple black on white, including the edit pane when writing a new post? Medium gray on light gray is OK for teenagers but deffo not for me.
Per
Not only English cars these days, an Italian is part of the stable again 8)
schumijoe
BIG RED CARD & 2 YELLOWS
BIG RED CARD & 2 YELLOWS

Post by schumijoe »

have managed to change colour of screen which I am now able to read, however every new post leads me to the first postand then check if this post has a number of pages because it seems only the first post appears whereas the old system posted the latest post. any chance of reverting to the old system in this case?
Joe
INTERCEPTOR 111 2240/1**4(the last 1976 saloon)
Steve Payne
MASSIVE RED CARD
MASSIVE RED CARD

Post by Steve Payne »

I do agree the old version was a lot easier to read even than version 6. Could the grey background of version 6 go lighter to almost white maybe so we have a black on white option? Maybe if the letters were also bolder it might help.

On my smart phone I have to enlarge the image to read it now and I did not have to do this before unless my eyes have got a lot worse over the weekend.

I am sure some of the problem is we are all of a certain age or older so maybe our eyes are not as good as they used to be.

Steve
JOC official Lightning engineer
zacmarshall

Post by zacmarshall »

I have temporarily reverted to the old style to see if this makes a difference with the resource limit errors.

The hosting company tell me that they have seen a number of crawlers attacking the site which they have stopped then another one pops up. I wonder if the issue is that they are seeing the new style and pick it up as a change from the last time they visited the site.
C-V8 II 104/2146 CHJ 948B
ex FF II, Interceptor I, II and III, SP, GTs and Healeys. You might say I got the bug....
JOC Member No. 5061
Mark1Stu

Post by Mark1Stu »

Appreciate all your work Zac over and above your day job. However, I certainly prefer the old style and I'm glad it's back.
Chris_R
JOC General Secretary

Post by Chris_R »

I was about to try to make some constructive comments when the new Hadron? style disappeared.
But I don't see the old style, only the Prosilver style....?

One comment I was going to make about the Hadron style, and in fact also about the Prosilver style is about the search facility - it takes more clicks and mouse moves to make a search. The old style had everything on one screen. The Hadron and Prosilver do not fit onto the screen so you have to fill in the fields, then scroll down and then click the search. Too many clicks is a "thing" of mine. I get a pain in the wrist from excessive mouse use and was forced to train myself to use my left hand as well for the mouse so as to reduce the strain on one hand. I try as well wherever possible to use shortcut keyboard keys like tab to move between selectable fields, up and down arrows to scroll and enter instead of using the mouse and any redesign that involves extra mouse clicks I view as a retrograde design step.

As a general observation though, there seemed to be significantly more empty space on the screen resulting in much less information. There seems to be too many colours. Three background colours and 4 or even 5 foreground colours is too many. Not sure if that is more than the old style as that has disappeared completely, perhaps it is just the combinations that are the issue. Some of them are too garish and some too bright. As has been said the colour combinations do cause problems. In some the icons are clearly distinguishable, in others less so. In some where the icons are easily distinguishable, the text colours then make it difficult to read. Where the text colours are good, the icons are less distinguishable which makes it difficult to see which forums have new posts.
Chris
JOC Member 6116
--------------------------------------------------
AH1951

Post by AH1951 »

You can choose between Hadron & Prosilver now.
Keith

Post by Keith »

Can we have the black background with yellow bits back please?
Forum Founder & Forum Member No 1.
Chris_R
JOC General Secretary

Post by Chris_R »

Subsilver2 is back! That's the one for me :D
Nice and simple. Like me. :D
Thanks Zac.
Chris
JOC Member 6116
--------------------------------------------------

Return to “General Discussion”