West Coast of Scotland Tour anyone?

Post advance news of events you will be attending
Yorkie

Re: West Coast of Scotland Tour anyone?

Post by Yorkie »

If anybody is travelling up from the south and would like a stop off on the way in Cumbria I can recommend http://www.fatlamb.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; . Our friends from Norway stayed there on the way to the International last year and seemed happy. The owner has classic cars and parking is safe.( I have no link other than friendship with the owner)
Alternatively http://www.gatewayinn-cumbria.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; also offers safe parking and welcomes classic cars, or The Kings Head Hotel Thirlmere Keswick has been used by the Yorkshire branch for their autumn weekend in the past.
Looking forward to the get together.
KevinB

Post by KevinB »

newfiegt wrote:Hi kevin
Please post the details here as well as the JOC mag. There are other jensen fans around who are forum only.
Aidan
So, seven cars now. The road book is complete and just being typed up.

Extract from Magazine no. 237.

The inaugural run of the JOC Tour of Argyll is planned for the 5th, 6th, 7th & 8th of May 2015. The three day tour is mid-week, allowing ample time for the journey to and from Argyll, and also to extend the time if needed to explore further in Scotland.
Based in Arrochar, around one hour north from central Glasgow, we plan to drive at a relaxed pace, visiting some attractions along the way and taking time to admire the stunning scenery. May is an excellent time for the many gardens in Argyll; the rhododendrons can be spectacular at that time of year. Subject to Forestry Commission activity, at the time, we have secured an evening run up the newly resurfaced historic Rest and Be Thankful Hill Climb. this will be non-competitive although hopefully there will be some spirited runs.
The package will include a bed and breakfast 4 star package from Monday night (4th May) to Friday 8th May with a three course meal included on the Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday evenings at a local Inn. We will travel on a different route for the three days commencing after breakfast each day.
Cost at this time is likely to be £520.00 for two, based on two people sharing an £350.00 per person for single occupancy. All subject to confirmation nearer the time. £50.00 deposit will be due at the time of booking and the remainder by 20th March 2015.
newfiegt

Post by newfiegt »

Hope everyone has a great time on their trip to Scotland.
If someone lets me know the itinerary I might manage to meet up somewhere.
Aidan
RAP72
V8 Lover

Post by RAP72 »

A good way of tracking each other that will allow you to meet up, if you have iPhones, is to temporarily enable Find Friends. That way you can track those you allow to track you.
Attachments
Taking my family last month
Taking my family last month
image.jpg (80.05 KiB) Viewed 3032 times
KevinB

Post by KevinB »

newfiegt wrote:Hope everyone has a great time on their trip to Scotland.
If someone lets me know the itinerary I might manage to meet up somewhere.
Aidan
Sent you a PM. Hopefully see you during the week.
Kevin B
Healey Mk1 1140/10091

Scotland Rep.
newfiegt

Post by newfiegt »

Nothing at this end Kevin.
I'll PM you.
KevinB

Post by KevinB »

Well that is the majority of the entrants arrived, the sun is shining, some snow still left on the hills. Here's looking forward to a few days of good company, good roads and maybe a decent pint or two.
Jens
Dr. Umlaut & Area Rep for Germany

Post by Jens »

Have fun and enjoy the trips

Jealous Jens 8)

Pictures please
In order of appearance:

(sold) C-V8 Mk III 112/2432
541 S 102/1035
(sold) FF MkII 127/243 (sold)
Healey Mk II 1140/14406
(sold)Jensen GT 1610/30257(sold)
Scimitar GTE SE5
Gordon Keeble #21
newfiegt

Post by newfiegt »

I have a day off tomorrow so planning to meet up at Loch Lomond. Got a new camera so hoping to get a few good photos.

Return to “Events”