One owner Jensen Healey Mk II.

Jensens Only! Forum automatically deletes unanswered posts after 120 days.
PaulMcElhinney

One owner Jensen Healey Mk II.

Post by PaulMcElhinney »

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251560426031? ... 1555.l2649" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Appleyards are selling this on behalf of the elderly owner. It must be said the car has photographed well, the bodywork is rather tired. One owner for 40 years!
Paul McElhinney - Mk I 115/3309 in Positano yellow, FF Mk II 127/289.
VFK44
Co-Administrator

Re: One owner Jensen Healey Mk II.

Post by VFK44 »

One owner for 40 years!
That's on the list of 'things money just can't buy'. A great opportunity for someone.
"Now that chassis number is particularly interesting ‘cos it’s the one after the one before, which is the one after mine, not many people know that"
Stephen, Epping, Essex
M3 Compact

Post by M3 Compact »

I'm looking for a JH to build as a historic/classic rally car and I saw this one listed.
It isn't a million miles away from me and a complete car in need of work is ideal for my project, but there's very little point in me paying a premium for the one owner aspect.

What's the opinion - will the fact that it's a one owner car add significantly to the value?
Davenewby

Post by Davenewby »

I have seen the car and although it really is a "one owner from new" vehicle, it does need a lot of work to bring it back to scratch. Thus a premium for its originality seems unlikely in this case.
I think that it is looking for someone to do a complete rebuild and it sounds as though this may be the car for you.

David
jaguar

Post by jaguar »

Paul, what is the interior like, is it complete? dash okay?

Thanks

AC
AC
M3 Compact

Post by M3 Compact »

Davenewby wrote:I have seen the car and although it really is a "one owner from new" vehicle, it does need a lot of work to bring it back to scratch. Thus a premium for its originality seems unlikely in this case.
I think that it is looking for someone to do a complete rebuild and it sounds as though this may be the car for you.

David
Thanks for the info David.
Were you able to asses its structural condition? The listing claims that the floors and boot floor are solid? Sills?
Obviously panels for these things aren't as cheap as some, did it look like it would need many panels, or might we escape with patching & painting?

Thanks again. Image
Davenewby

Post by Davenewby »

I could not really assess the sills and I suspect that they may need attention. However, if Paul says the floors are solid, then the sills may have been done too. Depending upon what you want, I think some patching and painting might suffice, but it is a rather tired old thing.
It does need someone to save it :)

David
Lacy

Post by Lacy »

Paul intimates that the photo's may be a little flattering but it looks a fairly complete car......There looks to be a fair bit of wob liberally applied and the seam between the rear wings and deck panel has been filled in too.....so the top side probably needs a fair bit of attention I would say.....but the hood looks good and the stainless tank is worth a few bob....lots to like there I reckon. :D
Mk1 Jensen Healey
Lotus Mike

Post by Lotus Mike »

Hi all.Does any body know how much the car sold for.Thanks Mike
Brinny11

Post by Brinny11 »

£1170. might have been worth buying and putting away if nothing else?
mk2 interceptor 1971 6.3 needing complete rebuild!!!!1
Lotus Mike

Post by Lotus Mike »

Thanks for that Mike :D

Return to “Cars For Sale”