The Classic Car Show Teaser

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
Mark1Stu

The Classic Car Show Teaser

Post by Mark1Stu »

Here's a sample of the series accessed via their web site.

http://vimeo.com/96238984" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RAP72
V8 Lover

Re: The Classic Car Show Teaser

Post by RAP72 »

What a well spoken and knowledgable chap he is. :P :wink:
VFK44
Co-Administrator

Post by VFK44 »

Quentin says that apparently real men don't eat quiche or drive Mercedes SLs. Whereas he says when it comes to the Interceptor, there is nothing fairy flouncy or fussy about it, it is pure chiselled lantern-jawed butch.

Sounds like a promising show, and the lovely Jodie Kidd knows her stuff as well. David Gandy is an irritatingly nice and normal chap, and mad about classics, as well as being a wealthy international male supermodel, so they seem to have a good lineup.
"Now that chassis number is particularly interesting ‘cos it’s the one after the one before, which is the one after mine, not many people know that"
Stephen, Epping, Essex
ascotts1

Post by ascotts1 »

Wow, looks like it could be a great show!
Ok, I've read some threads on here regarding Quentin and his presentation style but given the apparent quality of the production I think it will be a great series to watch and I think we should all be grateful that someone has had the foresight, energy and funding to put it together. I think his opinions are very close to the truth and the line about 'SL's' being a woman's car is a very ballsy thing to say on potentially world wide television, yet I couldn't agree more with him except that I would limit that to to the 190sl, 230/250/280sl pagoda top series and virtually all of the w107 ( 350/450/380/500SL etc.) series. I currently own a 1988 560SL with 20,000 miles from new, which was originally my mothers car and I have to say at 6'3", I've always felt a tad out of place in it. I also had until recently a concours restored 280SL pagoda top, which quite frankly although an extremely pretty car, really is a fashion statement and that's about all, just don't tell one of my best mate's that who has had his 20 years and loves it!! The supercharged SL55 that I had new in 2002 however, is a totally different kettle of fish...
The Blue Jensen in the footage looks fabulous and I can't wait to see the whole episode about it, makes me wish I'd jumped on that 13,000 mile metallic olive green coloured series 1 that was advertised by Andre' Bloome ( I think??) a few years back. There is a lucky owner of it out there somewhere, congratulations who ever you are!
Let the series begin and the debates roll out from there....
1974 Mk III 2240/9345, 1970 FF 127/227
Trevithick

Post by Trevithick »

Was that an SP I spotted at the end 8)
SP 131/4980.
Back soon.
Torquemada

Post by Torquemada »

VFK44 wrote:Quentin says that apparently real men don't eat quiche or drive Mercedes SLs. Whereas he says when it comes to the Interceptor, there is nothing fairy flouncy or fussy about it, it is pure chiselled lantern-jawed butch.

Sounds like a promising show, and the lovely Jodie Kidd knows her stuff as well. David Gandy is an irritatingly nice and normal chap, and mad about classics, as well as being a wealthy international male supermodel, so they seem to have a good lineup.
I have to agree with Quentin, in regards to the SL's I have 3 500 SL's for sale all from the mid 80's and they are pretty boring bricks to look at, I also have a 280 SL Pagode which is nice but also a brick, a bit more masculine than the later models and the 190SL which is a horrendous car to drive and look at as well, I call it the BMW Z3 of the 50's (a hairdressers car).
We Sustain

I don't have many friends, but the ones I do have are scared of me.
VFK44
Co-Administrator

Post by VFK44 »

Is that the sales talk you'll be giving potential buyers? :lol:
"Now that chassis number is particularly interesting ‘cos it’s the one after the one before, which is the one after mine, not many people know that"
Stephen, Epping, Essex
Torquemada

Post by Torquemada »

VFK44 wrote:Is that the sales talk you'll be giving potential buyers? :lol:
Err.............. no.

Of course they are the most attractive cars Mercedes built and are a fantastic drive.

Germans love em, they are very well put together (107) and prices are going north, as is with virtualy every other Merc, Porsche and BMW at the mo,I sold a 911 WTL Speedster last week for €139K, I had it in for 2 days and it went for that price, and I have had 15 enquires about getting another, people are crazy for this car.

I just cant get my head around the marketm there are so many brilliant well made attractive non German cars out there, but its Porsche and Mercedes, everything else is just stagnating at the mo.
We Sustain

I don't have many friends, but the ones I do have are scared of me.
Nick Maltby

Post by Nick Maltby »

Stunning cars, stunning scenery but one irritating gaff by Mr. Wilson.

He says that the Interceptor was styled by Carrozzeria Vignale, Turino, when we all know that it was styled by Carrozzeria Touring Superleggera, Milano.

True, early production bodies were made by Vignale so I guess his mistake is understandable, he is certainly not alone in making it.

But don't let the facts get in the way of a potentially good series!

Nick
Jensen Motors draughtsman 1959 - 1961 and 1964 - 1967.
pjb155

Post by pjb155 »

the vimeo trailer has been removed... :-(
OH NO, i'm now JENSENLESS
1999 Rinker 212, 2014 Rotax Max, 1987 Bajaj AutoRickshaw 150
pjb155

Post by pjb155 »

trailer has now been reposted on youtube

http://youtu.be/cciOawC_Q3k" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
OH NO, i'm now JENSENLESS
1999 Rinker 212, 2014 Rotax Max, 1987 Bajaj AutoRickshaw 150
NormanP

Post by NormanP »

Looking forward to it. I like QL’s quiet presentation style – makes a nice change from the TG “lads” and the “restore this car in 3 days and make a profit” nonsense shows. And of course we quote QL approvingly on the Interceptor and the C-V8 :D
http://www.joc.org.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18109" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.joc.org.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16175" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Norman
Oxford
C-V8 MkIII #112/2393 8) undergoing restoration
541R #367 4319
JOC 10074
colin7673
now normal...

Post by colin7673 »

Roll on January 2015.. Not wishing to wishing life away...
Only working half a day now.
http://www.jensensontour.co.uk
Tim SP
JOC Interceptor Variants Registrar

Post by Tim SP »

Tis My very missed baby & the best man to have taking him on-Phil Hayes uber SP.
Well Gel, but in the best way poss!!

Return to “General Discussion”