Another £100k FF from Mr Cassar.

Jensens Only! Forum automatically deletes unanswered posts after 120 days.
PaulMcElhinney

Another £100k FF from Mr Cassar.

Post by PaulMcElhinney »

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JENSEN-FFMK2- ... RTM1793562" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Paul McElhinney - Mk I 115/3309 in Positano yellow, FF Mk II 127/289.
Trevithick

Re: Another £100k FF from Mr Cassar.

Post by Trevithick »

I know that car very well. :shock:
SP 131/4980.
Back soon.
ascotts1

Post by ascotts1 »

Mmmmm....always hard to know just from pics but looks a great car and while 100 grand seems a lot when that 20,000 mile Gunmetal Grey FF was advertised at 50,000 pounds a couple (??) of years back, it probably does reflect an apparent value today. If a similar condition pagoda top 280SL Mercedes which they produced roughly 65,000 of is worth 100 grand+ these days, then it almost makes a one of 300 or so FF's seem a veritable bargain, assuming it is an absolutely pristine condition car with zero money to spend....

Speculative investments, bursting bubbles, trying to pick the right one, who knows?? Go with the heart and only gamble what you can afford to loose, classic cars should be good old fashioned fun, not brain teasers or bank busters!!
1974 Mk III 2240/9345, 1970 FF 127/227
Trevithick

Post by Trevithick »

It did have a lovely set of original rostyles on it when it left Redruth, I hope they come with it.
SP 131/4980.
Back soon.
archie
The Mild Child

Post by archie »

Hi Mark I recognize that handsome chap by the drivers door :D
Trevithick

Post by Trevithick »

That bloke who took our FF out of Cornwall! :wink:
SP 131/4980.
Back soon.
Chris_R
JOC General Secretary

Post by Chris_R »

http://www.joc.org.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic. ... =FF#p76773" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Chris
JOC Member 6116
--------------------------------------------------
FFPL

Post by FFPL »

Trevithick wrote:It did have a lovely set of original rostyles on it when it left Redruth, I hope they come with it.
It seems to be common that this seller swaps out rostyles for the alloys. Not sure why though as the rostyles look alot nicer. At least I think so.

Are sellers getting these sorts of asking prices? I hope so.
Trevithick

Post by Trevithick »

I'd want the gear knob leather replaced if I was going to cough up that sort of dosh. In it's defence it is a nice old car and I assume AJC has sorted the niggles it had but there are no shots of the engine bay so hard to tell for some of them.
It is reasonably genuine as well and is well known in this part of Cornwall as the previous owner is a director of a large engineering suppliers in Redruth.
I wish him good luck and if he gets that sort of money I'm going to ignore any idea of what the SP is worth. :wink:
SP 131/4980.
Back soon.
AH1951

Post by AH1951 »

FFPL wrote:
Trevithick wrote: Are sellers getting these sorts of asking prices? I hope so.
Quite likely, as the £100k Mk I he had for sale a few weeks ago sold very quickly, likewise the FF Mk III at DD Classics, asking £129,950.
http://www.ddclassics.com/car-sales/Jen ... 1/9036.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
montpellier

Post by montpellier »

The series III from DD I know went for well in excess of £100k.

Going through an FF total restoration myself, I would want a lot of detail on body condition, as the real expense with these cars, as others know, is the metal work, and the amount of rust that can hide in the structure, often quite hidden, is substantial.

The good thing about such prices, is that it will encourage people to correctly restore the cars, and that has to be good for all Jensen cars.
impman

Post by impman »

montpellier wrote:The good thing about such prices, is that it will encourage people to correctly restore the cars, and that has to be good for all Jensen cars.
Or tempt them to bodge something and move it on. Gets tricky buying now as I imagine projects, no matter how desperate will become immensely valuable. I wonder if the number of genuinely good cars out there (that owners wish to part with at any price) will satisfy demand, or the lash ups will come in and jade the market.
Paul
FF 119/082
AH1951

Post by AH1951 »

With the price of a top-condition FF at £100,000, the DB9 looks like a bargain.
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... ?logcode=p" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
montpellier

Post by montpellier »

impman wrote:
montpellier wrote:The good thing about such prices, is that it will encourage people to correctly restore the cars, and that has to be good for all Jensen cars.
Or tempt them to bodge something and move it on. Gets tricky buying now as I imagine projects, no matter how desperate will become immensely valuable. I wonder if the number of genuinely good cars out there (that owners wish to part with at any price) will satisfy demand, or the lash ups will come in and jade the market.
Well I guess that was what I was saying about wanting to know more about what is underneath. Buyer beware and all that, but there are enough quality restorers who have worked on these cars for years. Jensen no different to any other marque. Unless you have a great history, you maybe better starting from a project and making sure it is all done well. Take lots of photos... There are some great histories on here, and you can see where the challenges lie. I have been unable to work out the software for uploading on here so cannot share mine.
ascotts1

Post by ascotts1 »

...an interesting comment about the DB9 looking good value, the FF is a low production numbers car but then relatively speaking, so is an Aston Vanquish S and at around 80k or so for an absolutely top notch, very low milage example it certainly makes you wonder just how far our values can go before some rational thinking takes over, although the same analogy doesn't seem to apply to so many cars now that are in the 500k/1m+ brackets, so who knows, it's a crazy world out there!!
1974 Mk III 2240/9345, 1970 FF 127/227

Return to “Cars For Sale”