FF 127/232 for sale with dealer.

Jensens Only! Forum automatically deletes unanswered posts after 120 days.
PaulMcElhinney

FF 127/232 for sale with dealer.

Post by PaulMcElhinney »

http://www.classicmobilia.com/Pages/aboutus.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I don't know whether this is an old advertisement. There is no "sold" marker yet nothing happens when you click on the image.
Paul McElhinney - Mk I 115/3309 in Positano yellow, FF Mk II 127/289.
VFK44
Co-Administrator

Re: FF 127/232 for sale with dealer.

Post by VFK44 »

The site's news page was updated in April 2014. I get the impression that he is working on a commission basis. One vehicle I particularly liked was the little MG TD which underneath the plain exterior apparently has a Jaguar 2.4 drivetrain!
"Now that chassis number is particularly interesting ‘cos it’s the one after the one before, which is the one after mine, not many people know that"
Stephen, Epping, Essex
PaulMcElhinney

Post by PaulMcElhinney »

It was the Lagonda Rapide that took me to the site Stephen. I love them.
Nigel P

Post by Nigel P »

For me this one is a new annoucement. At least it is new on Classic Mobilia. They are asking £ 115,000. More photos next week for those interested.
SKW 4084

Post by SKW 4084 »

Promoting the brand is really working. Take a bow.
GT6-MK3

Post by GT6-MK3 »

Stephen Wintle wrote:Promoting the brand is really working. Take a bow.
At the risk of creating a little tiff here Stephen I say either "fish or cut bait"
75' Conv 2311/1693
62' 541s 100/1075
PaulMcElhinney

Post by PaulMcElhinney »

It looks like Quentin Wilson was right eh Duncan?
PaulMcElhinney

Post by PaulMcElhinney »

This FF is one of those shown on Ulric's site as sold. My recollection is that 12 months ago it could have been had for £37,500.
http://www.thejensenff.com/forsale.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SKW 4084

Post by SKW 4084 »

GT6-MK3 wrote:
Stephen Wintle wrote:Promoting the brand is really working. Take a bow.
At the risk of creating a little tiff here Stephen I say either "fish or cut bait"
I''ll continue to drive the boat thanks, it's much more fun.
SKW 4084

Post by SKW 4084 »

At the risk of creating a tiff just a tad larger than little . Why would a classic car club and some members with "I m guessing here no commercial connections toJensen in any format" try their hardest to push ownership of the car further and further away from current and future owner members. Current owners will be purchased out of ownership it's inevitable.It's an old story I know so don't remind me Please. A club mission statement wouldn't be lost here.
impman

Post by impman »

Stephen,

Not much of a fuss at the moment really. Some cars are simply being put in the right places. Park a car in a dealer showroom and a classic becomes no different to a modern. A client comes in with a certain amount to spend and they look at what they can get for the money.

Now here's key to 50-100k sales. Park a car in the right dealer showroom where the clientele aren't necessarily privy to the market. Seeing a comprehensively restored car, in a 2014 pleasing palette, and knowing a little detail, perhaps something about Jensen and Aston sharing the same market segment and out comes the cheque book.

The market isn't looking for the cars, the cars are being marketed to the right people.

Wherever it is the market is heading at the moment, there are still bargains to be had. That red Mk I in Sydney a few weeks back. $8500? Just way too cheap and even ignoring silly prices it is a gift. Simply too cheap in any market.

That car, back to California Sage with green hide and Rostyles will be so right on the money in a few years. Better than money in the bank, yet so stunningly beautiful you wouldn't wish to part with it to realise any capital gain, so economics is a moot point.

Stop cutting bait and start fishing. If you end up driving a boat then you're not even remotely in the game.
Paul
FF 119/082
PaulMcElhinney

Post by PaulMcElhinney »

Stephen, why have prices crept up? Who knows? Some speculate that it's because of the poor return that money in the bank accrues. However you cannot point the finger of blame at current owners for promoting the marque. They've been doing that for 40 years. In my opinion it's the high end and entry level cars that are most affected. Dealers are marketing £35k-£40k FFs and SPs for £50-£100k. Projects that used to fetch £1500 on ebay are now making £4000. However if you still have your healthy budget of £15k-£20k there is no reason why you can't get a beautiful Interceptor. You do however have to overcome a mental obstacle. Dealers are not unconscionable people making money at your expense. They are knowledgeable people who know the market and can buy cheap and sell at reasonable money. Good luck with your search. If that red Mk I is still available you should buy it.
cantona7

Post by cantona7 »

Paul is spot on. UK interest rates have been at record low levels for over 5 years now meaning investors have been looking at other places to put money, such as classic cars. That has caused some increases in price at the top end of the market which includes painstakingly restored jensens and/or the rarer ones like FFs, convertibles and SPs.

Mechanically sound cars like mine, which would need some body work and painting to even approach concourse standards can still be had for up to £10k and £20k will buy something very nice indeed. Given all up to and including 1973 are tax free and classic insurance is still pretty cheap, UK ownership is well within the reach of us normal folks.

The one additional thing I would say though is having an interceptor is not a good idea without a decent garage!

Jon.
Jon Hayes
Interceptor 111 136/9108
SKW 4084

Post by SKW 4084 »

Hi
Some very valid points by all. I'm into conspiracy theories for sure , cause and effect. I'm a huge victim of the low interest rates also, six years ago 100k got you about 650 quid a month interest, now you would be lucky to get 65 quid, I'm a working bloke and I think the Jensen was considered a working man's classic because of its affordability relative to other classics. As much as I admire the Jensen, it's not what you would call a refined luxury classic , but the price rises indicate to me some cars and their valuations are currently boxing above their weight. The red mk 1 was being sold by a pome on behalf of his mate that had hit the wall with regards to recommission. Much better in sage by a country mile, but oz is a big country getting round and transporting cars is a real issue
Mark Ell

Post by Mark Ell »

Stephen Wintle wrote: As much as I admire the Jensen, it's not what you would call a refined luxury classic

Really? Like for like there isn't much around that's better. On my run 2 weeks back I parked next to an Aston V8, we had a chat about how alike both cars were however what was plain to both of us was that the interceptor had by far the better interior. Apart form Bentley and RR what else matched it?
128-4562 G Series III interceptor

Return to “Cars For Sale”