Ouch !!

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
Manwithaplan

Ouch !!

Post by Manwithaplan »

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Other-Makes-Int ... 1286015096

[see Cars for Sale to comment on this particular car - Moderator]
Restoration project vehicle Interceptor 115/ 3213
I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.

The name is Mike, another Mike.
Barrie
Tupperware Extraordinaire!

Re: Ouch !!

Post by Barrie »

Before and after.

This could become a macabre new thread...................
“Even in a time of elephantine vanity and greed, one never has to look far to see the campfires of gentle people." Garrison Keillor
Chris_R
JOC General Secretary

Post by Chris_R »

LFF646 - still allocated to a blue 1963 Rolls Royce, not been licensed since 31/3/2010.
Chris
JOC Member 6116
--------------------------------------------------
Barrie

Post by Barrie »

I understand it was for sale on eBay at £10,000.
I would have thought that the recent rise in values of these cars since the accident in 2009 would have made restoration or a special more viable.

Here's how it happened.....
"take one long, wide, straight road in perfect conditions and then add one careful Rolls-Royce owner sedately driving his parents around on a spring morning and finally throw in a 17 year old Renault Clio driver (well let's not say driver as he clearly couldn't drive!) The 17 year old was taking his 13 year old sister out and, quite literally, flew over the crest of a hill, lost control of the Clio when next to us and did the damage you see. We all walked away (after a crowbar was found to extract me from the driver's door). To be quite honest, if we had not been in a "proper" motorcar I would certainly be dead. We were all banged up a bit but survived."
“Even in a time of elephantine vanity and greed, one never has to look far to see the campfires of gentle people." Garrison Keillor
Martin R

Post by Martin R »

& the Clio driver and sister?

Having survived the crash, they possibly wished they were dead.......
FF MK1 119/100
Interceptor MK3 136/8514
JOC Member 8905
Manwithaplan

Post by Manwithaplan »

Another ouch!

Ferrari driver escapes without injury after crashing into the central reservation on the M1 (and police took to Twitter to tell the public it was a 'very nice car')

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... e-car.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Restoration project vehicle Interceptor 115/ 3213
I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.

The name is Mike, another Mike.
ffdave

Post by ffdave »

Spent hundreds of hours building superb racing Davrian Mk7

On the way to first event!
Dave Barnett
JOC member 98
Healey V8 12070
FF1 119-027
FF1 119-151
SP 138-8698
71 Davrian Mk6
69 Davrian Mk4
67 Davrian Mk 1
cannonball

Post by cannonball »

ffdave wrote:Spent hundreds of hours building superb racing Davrian Mk7

On the way to first event!

fuc kin ell dave thats rough,, what the heck went wrong ???
WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, 07974 088375,
CLOBBER THE COMPETITION
bigaadams

Post by bigaadams »

If I were to read this crime scene the wheels were to neutral of a position on the trailer and add to that an improper load of the car with not enough tongue weight.(car is sitting neutral over a neutral trailer)..got to swaying at speed and or after hitting a wavy or bump in the highway..just got out of control...I have seen this many times..fishtailing gets you every time..
Dion

Post by Dion »

bigaadams wrote:improper load of the car with not enough tongue weight.(car is sitting neutral over a neutral trailer)
Hard to see what direction the Davrian was loaded to the trailer. Engine in the back so better to have it backwards on the trailer.
The future ain’t what it used to be.

Interceptor Mk1 LHD & RHD
GT LHD
AH1951

Post by AH1951 »

If you want to see wrecked expensive cars - this is the master site:
http://www.wreckedexotics.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Lost control and hit a tree at just the right angle, causing the Ferrari to split in half. It looks bad, but the car is actually designed to do this on purpose."
http://www.wreckedexotics.com/newphotos ... 9972.shtml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
bigaadams

Post by bigaadams »

Dion wrote:
bigaadams wrote:improper load of the car with not enough tongue weight.(car is sitting neutral over a neutral trailer)
Hard to see what direction the Davrian was loaded to the trailer. Engine in the back so better to have it backwards on the trailer.

IF I am looking at it right, the rear of the car is on the rear of the trailer judging by the angle of the rear fender opening..
Barrie

Post by Barrie »

http://www.fenderbroad.com/ex-sir-georg ... l-410.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is (it still 'is' as it's for sale having been restored) Sir George White's Bristol 410. He was waiting to turn right at a T-junction in 1969 when a van coming in the opposite direction braked and skidded at great speed in front of his waiting car. The van rode up over the off-side knocking out the Knight who then slumped forward pressing down hard on the accelerator. The car then hit a stone wall end-on. SGW was at the time the co-owner of Bristol Cars along with the now recently deceased Anthony Crook. He never fully recovered and subsequently sold out to Mr Crook.
For more details see Christopher Balfour's excellent and interesting book Bristol A Very British Story.
VFK44
Co-Administrator

Post by VFK44 »

Un-Ouch: All mended now:

"Now that chassis number is particularly interesting ‘cos it’s the one after the one before, which is the one after mine, not many people know that"
Stephen, Epping, Essex
AndrewP

Post by AndrewP »

My little contribution..

My pride and joy (before the Interceptor)....BEFORE

And after some a$$hole rear ended me, spun me round into oncoming traffic....and then got away with it due to the incompetence of the local law enforcement.

Net result was a few days in hospital, plate in my left cheek and eye socket rebuilt.
Andrew P
Perth, Western Australia.
Interceptor Mk3 #1284312

Return to “General Discussion”