Technical Day

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
Steve Payne
MASSIVE RED CARD
MASSIVE RED CARD

Technical Day

Post by Steve Payne »

I know this is short notice but if there is enough interest Lewi has offered to lend us his Industrial Unit in Chipenham in Wiltshire on Sunday the 19th May for a Technical Day.

Usually we hold this at Appleyards so spares are at hand but Lewi will have NOTHING so those that are planning to attend will need to bring everything they might need and to be realistic with what can be achieved in a day. Some tools will be available but if you are not sure please feel free to ask.

Usual format for the day is find something that YOU want to do on your car, order the required parts and if you will need a ramp book it ( 1 hour max to allow every one to have a go )

There will be technical advice on hand but the idea is YOU do the work yourself and learn a bit more about your car.

All those who wish to attend could they let me know ASAP so we can get an idea of numbers.

Thanks

Steve
JOC official Lightning engineer
Martin R

Re: Technical Day

Post by Martin R »

Loads I can think of to do but, I can't come :(

It's such a cool day and one that many people appear to have enjoyed in the past.

I hope it works out for everyone 8)
FF MK1 119/100
Interceptor MK3 136/8514
JOC Member 8905
Sheila J

Post by Sheila J »

Steve ------ Although I have no outstanding jobs to be done on TUT right now, I would nevertheless be interested in visiting the technical day at Lewi's as it would be an opportunity to meet more technically minded individuals and see some of the problems that occur on our cars.

Regards, Fred.
I don't do shoes and handbags....I just buy petrol.

Interceptor III. TUT 89L
Mark Maniatt
Lord of the Pies
Lord of the Pies

Post by Mark Maniatt »

As a Tech Day stalwart,I will be sorry not to support you on this occasion Steve,but its a bit too far from Leeds.Good luck for an interesting day as usual,
Mark
Jazz and Jensens.There is a God
JOC Yorkshire Area Rep
PeterA

Post by PeterA »

Steve - I would really appreciate such a session. My knowledge and capabilities are pretty basic, being relatively new to Jensen ownership. To have all that practical knowhow and access to a lift will be brilliant. Count me in!
JOC number 9711
Jensen Interceptor Mark II
Triumph Stag
Neil Brookes

Post by Neil Brookes »

Hey Steve

I have no outstanding jobs on my car but i would be happy to come along and do some running about for parts if neccessary
Neil Brookes

Lead, follow, or get out of the way
Lee Iacooca Ex Chrysler CEO
Steve Payne
MASSIVE RED CARD
MASSIVE RED CARD

Post by Steve Payne »

So far we have dont enough people wishing to attend to make this event work.

As those who attended this event before will know there is usually anything up to 20 cars attending.

Unless we get a few more people confirming there attendance in the next few days I will sadly have to cancel.

Come on there must be a few more people who would like to learn how to do some work on there Jensen and they have the use of a lift.

Steve
Davenewby

Post by Davenewby »

It would be sad to have to cancel the event as it is always a very worthwhile day.

I would love to be able to come down but have a prior commitment at the other end of the country!

Good luck.

David
taximan

Post by taximan »

Wouldn't it be possible to delay it? I would love to come just to be there! but Buzz not stable enough for a longer journey just yet. Give people a chance to gather parts in preparation.
Shaun.
VAUXHALL VISCOUNT 1969
MB W213 220D
MB E Class Cabriolet
JOC Member 9052
CV8600hp

Post by CV8600hp »

Why isn't it at Appleyards ?

Paul
seen everything Jensen in the past 25 years
2x INTERCEPTOR CONVERTIBLE .Alfa 156 v6
Interceptor MK III rhd ,triumph TR8
CADILLAC FLEETWOOD.CV8 LHD for sale
FORD focus wagon ferrari 330gt
Steve Payne
MASSIVE RED CARD
MASSIVE RED CARD

Post by Steve Payne »

Because Andy does not have the space.

Yes that is plan B to hold it at a date in the future and give some more notice if that is the problem?

Im not sure why there seems to be a lack of interest? Is it the venue or something else? Please do say with either a P.M. or here if you wish?

Steve
Chris_R
JOC General Secretary

Post by Chris_R »

I have 2 jobs on mine that I would like to resolve, 1 is the heating and air conditioning, the other is the gearbox which started slipping and losing drive and which I wrote about on the forum. Without fixing the gearbox I would not be able to get there to fix the other.
A get together later in the year might probably work better for me, hopefully gearbox issue resolved by then otherwise I'll trailer it there and use the lift to exchange the gearbox! Enough of us at the job should get it done within the allotted hour on the lift :o :D
Chris
JOC Member 6116
--------------------------------------------------
Steve Payne
MASSIVE RED CARD
MASSIVE RED CARD

Post by Steve Payne »

Im sorry to say this event will be postponed to a later date due to the lack of replies.

I will speak with Lewi and get a new date and as long as we get enough interest it should be a good day.

If you not sure of what can be achieved on your car in a day feel free to ask and I will give you an idea of what parts you will need.

Steve
Martin R

Post by Martin R »

I might be able to make the new date :D
FF MK1 119/100
Interceptor MK3 136/8514
JOC Member 8905

Return to “General Discussion”