Keith Andrews' FF II

Cars of the Month for 2010
zacmarshall

Keith Andrews' FF II

Post by zacmarshall »

This is Keith Andrews' FF II

Keith (t'other keith on the forum) is the club's membership secretary and I think most of us have spoken to him or had help from him over the years.

Keith was voted Club Personality of the Year in the Classic & Sports Car Club Awards 2010

Some seasonal photos of the car (thanks to Ulric)

Colour co-ordiantion at this years International (my photos)

I found this photo on the internet, not sure where or when it was taken as the web site was trying to download a virus to my PC.

Keith has used the car on a number of long trips, it's pictured below in Switzerland (photo from the Jensen Car Club of Switzerland).
It was driving this car in Holland that got me hooked on FFs!

cannonball

Post by cannonball »

yes i can vouch what a nice drive keith,s ff is i have had it in the workshop severall times transmission rebuild/exhaust manifolds etc,
keith is a proper gent,

his mk1 interceptor aint bad either :wink:
WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, 07974 088375,
CLOBBER THE COMPETITION
sentimental journey

Post by sentimental journey »

Wow, I want a red one now!

m
73Mark111

Post by 73Mark111 »

If Santa used a car instead of a flying sleigh, it would have to be this FF!
Just looks glorious in the snow!
Mark
I can't see the bottom of the hole I've dug!

1973 Interceptor MK 111
136-8513
Darren

Post by Darren »

Stunning car and an absolutely top bloke (for a Cheshire lad :D )
Darren Barnes
JOC Membership Secretary
Early Int. INT203449
541 541/905633
Martin R

Post by Martin R »

sentimental journey wrote:Wow, I want a red one now!

m
Why not have two FF's - one for the UK and one for Sydney :wink: :lol:
FF MK1 119/100
Interceptor MK3 136/8514
JOC Member 8905
qikbrik

FF of the month

Post by qikbrik »

What no. is it?
Beautiful car.
Stoo
JOC #9449
Interceptor Mk1 #115/3340
Interceptor Mk2 #123/3958
t'other keith

Keith andrews' FF II

Post by t'other keith »

Thank you all for your kind remarks, whether personal or for the car.

The photos on the snow were part of a lot I took in the winter of 2000/2001 (?) when we had a lot of snow in Cheshire. I drove the 7 miles out to Tatton Park at Knutsford, the home of the two largest 2-day Classic Car shows and where the Cheshire area feature strongly. Tatton is a 2,000 acre estate originally belonging to the Lords Egerton and when the last one died in 1958 it was left to the National Trust and is managed for them by Cheshire County Council. During the war No.1 Parachute Training School was based at Ringway, now Manchester International Airport, and Tatton was their drop zone - over 60,000 Allied Parachutists were trained there.

I arrived there to find the ground closed " closed to all vehicular traffic", this in the days before the world and his wife had 4x4s. So naturally I went in and spent several pleasant hours driving all over the estate with only deer and cross-country skiers for company.

The best picture is on the back of Issue 159 Sept/Oct 2001 of the JOC magazine. If someone has a good colour scanner and can get the result onto the Forum it is well worth the effort - the strange cloud behind the car is from the exhaust. I left the engine running, (a) it was really cold and (b) I didn't fancy a non-starter miles from anywhere.

One final point, Cannonball mentions that the car runs well. He modifed the box at the last rebuild, I never did understand what was done, but he promised I would never have to kick down - just press the accelerator gently. It's true, the performance is amazing and seems to be getting better. Not surprising really - after 100,000+ miles the (untouched) engine should just about be run in now.

King regards and a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to All.

Keith Andrews (the real one)

Return to “2010 Archive”