Jensen Car Company 'Fixed-Head'

Cars of the Month for 2009
Keith

Jensen Car Company 'Fixed-Head'

Post by Keith »

From a historical point of view, very interesting, as it shows what the Jensen Car Co were up to the the mid-to-late eighties.

So we see the metal front spoiler, the clumsy rear fog light pods, the Rover door handles, etc.

The colour (in my view) does not suit the car and its 'individual' styling, which can actually look quite good in a metallic with a vinyl roof (there were a handful built by Jensen Motors.)

Certainly a unique car though, and I haven't seen it for quite a number of years. But it's certainly still about:

The vehicle details for D890 HNX are:

Date of Liability 01 10 2009
Date of First Registration 25 02 1987
Year of Manufacture 1987
Cylinder Capacity (cc) 5900CC
CO2 Emissions Not Available
Fuel Type Petrol
Export Marker Not Applicable
Vehicle Status SORN Not Due
Vehicle Colour RED
Vehicle Type Approval null
The information contained on this page is correct at the time of enquiry.
Forum Founder & Forum Member No 1.
PaulMcElhinney

Post by PaulMcElhinney »

Wasn't an millionaire Arab in one of the oil rich countries a customer for roughly three of these series 4's? I recall when popping to the factory in roughly 1987 being told this. One had a really bizarre interior trim colour scheme that his wife had ordered.

Rgds,

Paul.
Paul McElhinney - Mk I 115/3309 in Positano yellow, FF Mk II 127/289.
Nick Cook

Post by Nick Cook »

I have a full set of press photos for that and all the other S4 cars .I am sure Jensen cars went down to Tom Scullanes to take measurments for that car (Adrians car ),last time i see that car it was in Cropredy in about 98 -99
stevej
V8 Lover

Post by stevej »

Who owned the car and paid the asking price for D890 HNX at the NEC in 1991??

?42950

SteveJ
PaulMcElhinney

Classic and Sportscar November 2006.

Post by PaulMcElhinney »

Some of you may have the Nov 06 edition of Classic and Sportscar magazine, the one with the Countach and the Boxer on the front. This magazine has a great article on 40 years of the Interceptor and FF. However if you turn to page 228 you will see a full page advertisement by John Brown Classic Cars. One of the vehicles that he had advertised for sale was E144 PFK, a red S4 Convertible. At the time it only had 28k miles recorded and was up for xxx£34,000.

I have today done a DVLA taxation enquiry on the above reg number and it comes back no trace. I assume that it has acquired a cherished reg number. Chassis no 165/2004.

A lot of car for not a lot of money.

Regards,

Paul Mc.
cannonball

Post by cannonball »

the rear sidewindow profile is hidious, makes the car look dreadfull, the sidewindow rearward slope needs to follow the slope off the backglass, i think it could possibly hold its head up like that,
PaulMcElhinney

S4 coupe.

Post by PaulMcElhinney »

I agree with you Duncan, in my opinion it is less attractive than a standard Interceptor. However it's different, it shows that Orford and co were trying new ideas and as Keith says it's a little piece of history. My mark I was in JP & S in 1986 and I recall seeing these S4's being built. The service manager at the time who showed me around the factory was a chap named Eddie HARMAN.

Return to “2009 Archive”