Jensens for hire

Cars of the Month for 2009
zacmarshall

Jensens for hire

Post by zacmarshall »

It seems there are now quite a few Jensen available for hire - I knew Great Escapes had an Interceptor for hire but when I look into it they have been so successful they now have 3 available! There is also another company with an Interceptor for hire and a wedding hire company that uses an Interceptor (you may remember them from the news a while back :oops: )

Great Escapes now have these three Interceptors available, two mark IIIs and a mark 1 that has been 'improved' to mark III spec.

(Images taken from GE website)

Great Escapes is run by club member Graham Eason. They offer JOC members a 10% discount and are located between Birmingham and the Cotswolds - ideal for a fantastic day out in an Interceptor.

See http://www.greatescapecars.co.uk/cars-j ... ceptor.asp for more details.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Self Drive Classics have this Interceptor for hire:

ImageImage
(images taken from Selfdrive website)

Self Drive Classics Ltd is located in the heart of rural Staffordshire near to the historic cathedral city of Lichfield.
See http://www.selfdriveclassics.co.uk/cars/jensen.html for more details

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

If you fancy getting hitched in an Interceptor then this car is available for chauffer driven hire.

Images taken from their website.

See http://www.aphroditeweddingservices.co. ... r_hire.asp for more details.
They seem to operate in Surrey, Kent and South London.

I haven't used any of these companies so can't recommend them personally.

Greate Escapes have articles in the club magazine from people who have hired their cars and now have three so must be doing something right!
C-V8 II 104/2146 CHJ 948B
ex FF II, Interceptor I, II and III, SP, GTs and Healeys. You might say I got the bug....
JOC Member No. 5061
Steve

Post by Steve »

Nicely presented cars. :D :D

The two blue III's look as if they have Jaguar switches for electric mirrors, does anyone recognise the mirrors they do not look like Jaguar ones?

This is something that I would like to fit as everytime I remove its custom fitted cover the mirrors need to be re-adjusted, which is such a bind when you are in the car on your own. The Jag mirrors I have looked at have a wide base and are set at the wrong angle.

Steve
Interceptor III
Jensen Healey MK1
Jensen Healey MK2
graham

Jensen Interceptor mirrors

Post by graham »

Hi Steve
Yes, well spotted - the mirrors on the dark blue Mark 3 are Jaguar parts, fitted by the owner (I hire this car out on his behalf). He fitted them himself, including the internal adjustment on each side. I will try to get some parts details for you.
I'm not sure about the Mk1's mirrors - I think they are the original mirrors refitted after the restoration, but they do look like standard proprietary parts from somewhere.
I hope this helps. Thanks for your comment on the cars. I really appreciate Zac posting this feature - it really is a privilege to hire these cars to people who love them.
Graham Eason
Great Escape Classic Car Hire
www.greatescapecars.co.uk
www.greatescapecars.blogspot.com
Martin R

Post by Martin R »

Although I can understand renovating a MK1, I feel a little "uncomfortable" with the following

"Originally a Mark 1 car - it retains its original Mk1 exterior aesthetics - it has been renovated with Jensen Interceptor Mk3 running gear and interior to create a car that combines the best of the 10 year Interceptor production run."

A louvred bonnet, non-standard wheels, MK3 indicator side repeaters, and overiders not finished in chrome does not, to me, mean it has kept it's MK1 aesthetics.

Aside from my little gripe, I think all of them look terrific and it's great to know that the people hiring these cars can realise their dreams :D
FF MK1 119/100
Interceptor MK3 136/8514
JOC Member 8905
colin7673
now normal...

Post by colin7673 »

A yellow interceptor for hire....

Damn,, this colour is getting to common. :o
Only working half a day now.
http://www.jensensontour.co.uk
Julian

Post by Julian »

The blue painted wing mirrors on the first car are Aston Martin items i think circa late 80's. My cars ones look the same and were fitted by Jensen Cars in 1990 when it was rebuilt. I recently sourced the missing screw cover for one of them from an Aston Dealer. They are elec adjustable and heated, very posh for the time i guess ...

They'd look better in chrome IMHO.

Regards
graham

Wing mirrors

Post by graham »

That's useful information. The mirrors were apparently fitted in 89/90 when the car went back to West Bromwich to be refurbished - it seems to have picked up several period upgrades (including the spoiler) at the same time). I didn't realise they were heated though...
Graham Eason
Great Escape Classic Car Hire
www.greatescapecars.co.uk
www.greatescapecars.blogspot.com
Keith

Post by Keith »

They're usually Jaguar ones they fit. They look good but need an additional plinth underneath to get the angle correct. This is usually something fabricated and not an actual part (with a part no).

They are heated but usually fitted to the Jensens without making use of this facility. The wiring is there on the mirror, it would just need a suitable switch somewhere.
Forum Founder & Forum Member No 1.
Julian

Post by Julian »

The "Äston" mirrors I have came at the heady price of GBP 386.26 supplied and fitted by Jensen Car Co. in early 1990 (similiar time as yours it appears). A demist switch from a saloon was fitted for the heating function next to the lock button on the door. Something chrome and more discrete would have looked better IMHO.
cheers

Return to “2009 Archive”