National Classic Car Show

see inside for newsletters, contacts and planned events, etc
73Mark111

National Classic Car Show

Post by 73Mark111 »

As there is now going to be a National classic car show in Dublin http://classiccarshow.ie/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; .What are the chances of a club stand?

Mark
I can't see the bottom of the hole I've dug!

1973 Interceptor MK 111
136-8513
Keith

Re: National Classic Car Show

Post by Keith »

Very good chance Mark.

First of all, contact your club Area Co-ordinator, Darren Barnes, and he will advise and liaise with you over what has to be done.

areas@joc.org.uk

This is exactly why we have a area co-ordinator, Darren is waiting to hear from you!
Forum Founder & Forum Member No 1.
73Mark111

Post by 73Mark111 »

Had a PM from another member, he had been in contact with Darren and things are in hand.

Mark

1973 Interceptor MK 111
136-8513
Darren

Post by Darren »

Hi Mark, I have spoken to Justin about this and he is liasing with the organisers and I have requested an application form, they have not responded as yet but I'm sure we could get enough together for a stand and I would certainly be one of them :D
Darren Barnes
JOC Membership Secretary
Early Int. INT203449
541 541/905633
pacomcc

Post by pacomcc »

Hi,

my name is Patrick, most of you wont know me, although a club member for a few years I haven't been active as i was having my Mk 1 restored.
i would love for my car to take part in a club display at the National event if the members felt my car was fitting.
I'm not sure who to contact, perhaps somebody in the ROI section will message me.
RAP72
V8 Lover

Post by RAP72 »

Patrick's car can be seen here

http://www.joc.org.uk/Interceptor_Mk_1/115_3486.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Steve
73Mark111

Post by 73Mark111 »

That looks stunning Patrick! Unfortunately the show is fully booked so it is unlikely the JOC will have a stand, we are top of the list if there is a cancellation though. Fingers crossed.

Mark

1973 Interceptor MK 111
136-8513
VFK44
Co-Administrator

Post by VFK44 »

Amazing car, Patrick. Does it have a Chevy or a Chrysler engine?
"Now that chassis number is particularly interesting ‘cos it’s the one after the one before, which is the one after mine, not many people know that"
Stephen, Epping, Essex
Keith

Post by Keith »

VFK44 wrote:Amazing car, Patrick. Does it have a Chevy or a Chrysler engine?
Presume so Stephen, it was built to 'Interceptor S' spec, so that'll be a Chevy engine and box, with the independent rear end.
Forum Founder & Forum Member No 1.
pacomcc

Post by pacomcc »

Sorry for the long silence, a lot of issues on the work front just at the moment.

To answer Stephan's question, Keith is right, the car has been built to Interceptor R spec with a crate LS3 engine,& gearbox along with an independent rear end, (I hope i don't end up upsetting too many of the purists out there with that comment :? :? ).
I have however tried to keep the car original to her Mk1 looks both inside and out with the exception of the 17' Rostyles (to house the 4 pot caliber brakes) and the engine turned aluminum dash to replace the wood veneer.

With regards to the National Classic Show it's a great shame there isn't going to be a Jensen stand at it, by all accounts it appears to be shaping up to a good show. Perhaps we'll get a good turn out this year for Terenure
zacmarshall

Post by zacmarshall »

I must admit to not being a big fan of the Interceptor R / S but that looks absolutely fantastic.
C-V8 II 104/2146 CHJ 948B
ex FF II, Interceptor I, II and III, SP, GTs and Healeys. You might say I got the bug....
JOC Member No. 5061
Darren

Post by Darren »

The Show organizers have my details and will contact me if any club drops out or more space becomes available. We were a little late with this one but I have flagged this event as a MUST DO, and I'll make sure we are in for the follow up show if it transpires.
Cracking car Patrick! :mrgreen:
Darren Barnes
JOC Membership Secretary
Early Int. INT203449
541 541/905633
pacomcc

Post by pacomcc »

Thank you all for the favorable comments, there much appreciated :D
Fingers crossed for space becoming available at the National car show.
73Mark111

Post by 73Mark111 »

Although there will likely be no Jensen stand, it would still be a good excuse for Irish members to meet up. We could at least make an impression in the car park! If we didn't have an area rep by then, we could possibly sort that out too.
I think there will be free parking for a limited number of classics, how about we get there early and have coffee in a nearby Hotel?

Mark

1973 Interceptor MK 111
136-8513
pacomcc

Post by pacomcc »

agreed, I will definitely be there if there is a few from the club planning to meet up.

patrick.

Return to “Irish Area”