First Anniversary of Debut at NEC

Cars of the Month for 2008
Keith

First Anniversary of Debut at NEC

Post by Keith »

Over the twelve months since the first showing of the prototype at the NEC the Interceptor S from V-Eight has had some very favourable press attention. Keeping the Jensen name alive in the mainstream motoring press (not just the 'classic' press) has to be applauded.

Mark1Stu

Re: First Anniversary of Debut at NEC

Post by Mark1Stu »

Absolutely Keith. Love the leather interior changes.

Stuart
VFK44
Co-Administrator

Post by VFK44 »

What a lovely car. And it certainly looks very well-built and reliable.
"Now that chassis number is particularly interesting ‘cos it’s the one after the one before, which is the one after mine, not many people know that"
Stephen, Epping, Essex
Joerg
JOC Early Cars Registrar

Post by Joerg »

Too much rusty parts in the engine bay for my opinion.

But as they said "This is only a demonstrator, not the car reflecting the build quality of series production" :wink:

Joerg
I own some of the odd Jensen 8)
Keith

Post by Keith »

#112/2371 wrote:Too much rusty parts in the engine bay for my opinion.

But as they said "This is only a demonstrator, not the car reflecting the build quality of series production" :wink:

Joerg
I don't see who you have to be so negative over a vehicle that you've never seen. You must have X-ray eyes, because the engine bay was completely stripped and painted before the new engine was fitted.

I invite you to travel over here and look at the real thing. Then (if you feel you have concerns) you can tell us all about them.
Forum Founder & Forum Member No 1.
Joerg
JOC Early Cars Registrar

Post by Joerg »

Dear Keith

I drove the car at the International 2008. I discussed it with the Managing Director (who kindly invited us members of the JOC to drive the car) and that are his words.

I do not want to discuss any further in public what my personal impression about this car is.

I like the idea, I think that the whole project it is a good thing for the Jensen marque - but I´m not happy with the result as far as I have seen and driven it.
(I run an aircraft industry supply company, maybe my impression about quality is a bit too high for the old car business)

Joerg
I own some of the odd Jensen 8)
RAP72
V8 Lover

Post by RAP72 »

if i win large on the lottery i will have one

no if i win really large i will have 2 one convertible and one for wet days
Keith

Post by Keith »

RAP72 wrote:if i win large on the lottery i will have one

Have one with a manual gearbox as well!
Forum Founder & Forum Member No 1.
ffdave

Post by ffdave »

Does anyone recall a poster called 'rio' earlier this year who was hoping to have his new burgundy S on show at the NEC?. I was looking forward to seeing a finished customer car but looking on the list of exibitors V eight doesn't appear, anybody know different?.
Love the concept of the new car, unfortunatly the most i can afford at the moment is the start button and the wheels!.

Dave.
Dave Barnett
JOC member 98
Healey V8 12070
FF1 119-027
FF1 119-151
SP 138-8698
71 Davrian Mk6
69 Davrian Mk4
67 Davrian Mk 1
RAP72
V8 Lover

Post by RAP72 »

Keith wrote:
RAP72 wrote:if i win large on the lottery i will have one

Have one with a manual gearbox as well!
ok 4 but that's your lot

unless it is the Euro Millions Jackpot then one for each day of the week no that's just being stupid. :)
Wallace

Post by Wallace »

RAP72 wrote:unless it is the Euro Millions Jackpot then one for each day of the week no that's just being stupid. :)

Then go at least half way to winning and buy a ticket! :P
RAP72
V8 Lover

Post by RAP72 »

Wallace wrote:
RAP72 wrote:unless it is the Euro Millions Jackpot then one for each day of the week no that's just being stupid. :)

Then go at least half way to winning and buy a ticket! :P

who just me and you, :shock:

or the whole club? :D
Tim SP
JOC Interceptor Variants Registrar

Post by Tim SP »

Dave,you have already built 'The Essex 'Sp', so no need to save pennies, there you go, just saved you 70k,so you can buy my S4, take Angela on a mega cruise (boat!!) & finish the Davrian! Oh, were are me wheels!!!!
Petter

Post by Petter »

I hope the guys at V Eight succeed with their production run of the Interceptor S, in these times of economical challenges. The S has allready generated several instances of positive press response for the Jensen marque over here in Norway. This includes a several page article in the main enthusiasts car magazine, written by a man who for decades has made a living by selling British high end classic cars. The only fault he could find after driving the car was that he did not like the looks of the new gear selector lever. He also had previous experience from owning a FF MK 2 in the 1970s, which he stated included both the high points and low points of his car ownersip experiences :D .

Bristol Motors seems to be thinking allong the same lines as V Eight; according to their net site they are reintroducing the 1970s 411 model, now as a MK6.

Petter
Richie
V8 Lover

Post by Richie »

fearing something horrific along teh lines aof a Beacham Mk2 jag, i was initially very sceptical about this car. How wrong i was.
Whilst i would change some details, this is a fantastic car and i think has achieved the perfect balace betwen classic and modern. Spot on.
if only i had the loot...

Return to “2008 Archive”