Ten years since I joined the S-V8 project

Cars of the Month for 2008
Keith

Ten years since I joined the S-V8 project

Post by Keith »

I can still remember my first day on my new job. I can't believe it was ten years ago.

Anyway, here's some pics of one of the S-V8 prototypes. That day we were testing the brakes, and did a few timed acceleration runs as well.

Wallace

Post by Wallace »

Nice piece of history Keith, well chosen.

Mike
breeze

Post by breeze »

How come the panel fit is better than the production cars?
one time Interceptor 3 & S-V8 owner
funnycar

Post by funnycar »

That looks like Avon Park (Shakespeare County Raceway).

Am I correct?
Ford Focus 1.8 TDci
Specialized SWorks road - 16.5 lb
Dawes Giro 500, Audax bike

Diane's Machinery :-
Interceptor III GWJ 60N
Ford Fiesta 1.25 Style
BSA 20" shopping bike.
Mark Maniatt
Lord of the Pies
Lord of the Pies

Post by Mark Maniatt »

What a shame they did'nt build your 'Predator' instead.They would be as big as Ferrari now :lol:

Pie Man 8)
Jazz and Jensens.There is a God
JOC Yorkshire Area Rep
funnycar

Post by funnycar »

Keith, were you a technical CAD draughtsman? Did you know a chap called Robert who lives in Kingshurst, who worked on the S-V8, 3-D surfaces, I think?
Ford Focus 1.8 TDci
Specialized SWorks road - 16.5 lb
Dawes Giro 500, Audax bike

Diane's Machinery :-
Interceptor III GWJ 60N
Ford Fiesta 1.25 Style
BSA 20" shopping bike.
Keith

Post by Keith »

funnycar wrote:Keith, were you a technical CAD draughtsman? Did you know a chap called Robert who lives in Kingshurst, who worked on the S-V8, 3-D surfaces, I think?
There was a small, core, team of engineers, but we also (over five and a half years) had lots of contractors on the CAD side. I probably knew Robert but his name is not ringing any bells.

Yes, it was Avon Park, close to Redditch where we were based.
Forum Founder & Forum Member No 1.
detroitbrit

Post by detroitbrit »

Surely it would have been more appropriate to post pictures of #1 show car or the build of said show car -given the time frame- , The "core design team" were Ray Downes, Mike Gibbs, Mark Winfer-Smith,and Peter (the suspension guy) ?, contract design sources were Robert Sayer, Paul Anderson, Tim Brazier to name a few.
Surfacing was done by Design Q (or contract person/s of). Keith joined the team as technical liasion/publications, but by the end of the second day, he was, like the rest of us doing a bit of everthing.
Keith

Post by Keith »

detroitbrit wrote:Surely it would have been more appropriate to post pictures of #1 show car or the build of said show car -given the time frame- , The "core design team" were Ray Downes, Mike Gibbs, Mark Winfer-Smith,and Peter (the suspension guy) ?, contract design sources were Robert Sayer, Paul Anderson, Tim Brazier to name a few.
Surfacing was done by Design Q (or contract person/s of). Keith joined the team as technical liasion/publications, but by the end of the second day, he was, like the rest of us doing a bit of everthing.
Hello Mark,

And I'm glad you've joined us!

You've pre-empted me, but some pics of the first show car will appear in JOC mag ISSUE 200 (coming soon!).

Peter Nott is the name you're struggling with, and of course, lots more contractors came and went over the course of the project.

I've never seen anyone work as hard as you did on a project Mark, and yet you left before all the fun stuff, like ride & handling testing, NVH, HVAC performance, etc, etc.

I wonder how you would have got on with the lads at Speke? (Ho ho!)

Stay with us on the forum Mark, I'm sure you've got lots of great stories to tell.

Keith
Forum Founder & Forum Member No 1.
detroitbrit

Post by detroitbrit »

all a matter of timing, new girlfriend in america (now wife), the SV8 going to liverpool, and the offer of a good position in detroit. Would have loved to be around for the testing part, and i was sorry to see it go down on the victory lap so to speak.

I too wish to praise your efforts on the SV8 , you very quickly became an integral part of the build and development team.

look forward to swapping very fond memories

Return to “2008 Archive”