ex Australian Army Jen Tug

Cars of the Month for 2008
zacmarshall

ex Australian Army Jen Tug

Post by zacmarshall »

Here's Jensen author Richard Calver with one of the two known surviving Jen Tugs, near Sydney NSW.
This one was used for many years by the Australian Army as a general purpose hauler around a military base in Victoria before being placed in an Army museum and later sold off to a private collector. It has two headlights, apparently an Australian conversion.

Richard's new book includes details of every Jensen model ever built, including the Jen Tug and all the other commercial vehicles. For more details see the club regalia website - http://www.jensencv8.com/regalia/BOO_Rcalmods.htm

Photo provided by Richard.
C-V8 II 104/2146 CHJ 948B
ex FF II, Interceptor I, II and III, SP, GTs and Healeys. You might say I got the bug....
JOC Member No. 5061
zacmarshall

Post by zacmarshall »

Don't forget to get Colin and Di to show you a copy at the open day tomorrow!
C-V8 II 104/2146 CHJ 948B
ex FF II, Interceptor I, II and III, SP, GTs and Healeys. You might say I got the bug....
JOC Member No. 5061
Keith

Post by Keith »

There's got to be more than two surviving Jen-Tugs, hasn't there?

The hunt is on!
Forum Founder & Forum Member No 1.
breeze

Sussex Jen-Tug

Post by breeze »

I saw one complete with trailer on the Historic Commercial Vehicle Society London - Brighton run in the early 1980's.

The owner lived in mid Sussex (Henfield or Cowfold - nice rural names!) and I think he said it was fitted with a 1.5 Standard engine, which sounds a bit inadequate. It was in very good order so must still be around somewhere, I asked the HCVS to check their records on more than one occasion, but never got any response - one reason why I stopped subscribing! I've got some video footage of the run but unfortunately the Jen-Tug doesn't feature.(edited: just checked the video, it was actually 1990 if that helps to track it down)
Last edited by breeze on Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
one time Interceptor 3 & S-V8 owner
VFK44
Co-Administrator

Post by VFK44 »

"Now that chassis number is particularly interesting ‘cos it’s the one after the one before, which is the one after mine, not many people know that"
Stephen, Epping, Essex
Dave Perkins

Post by Dave Perkins »

Do any restoration projects survive in the UK?

Return to “2008 Archive”