October/November News in Sussex!

see inside for newsletters, contacts and planned events etc

Moderator: david wright

sarea2

October/November News in Sussex!

Post by sarea2 »

Hi All Sussex Members,
David Devine did a splendid job in getting 22 Jensens available for the visitors at Hampton Court to admire in our display, including Lennie and Patsy Boulton’s wonderful 541, entered in the Club Trophy event, and inspected by HRH Prince Michael, and friends.
Our September meeting at the White Horse was decorated with no less than three Interceptors and a C-V8, and a good evening was had by all.

Regrettably Chris and I were unable to attend the International through illness, but there’s good progress being made on the sponsorship of an apprentice by the club, and plans for an announcement at the NEC, with further information available on our JOC Stand.

We are rolling into the festive season soon, and time to think ahead! Our custom is to hold our festive dinner in January, away from the stress of Christmas, so Saturday 15th January is favourite, and the Bolney Stage seems like a good choice as accessible from across the county of Sussex. I’ve booked a table for 15, so please let me know if you and your partner would like to join us.

Now for 2022 events that are starting to materialise, subject to the virus we don’t mention!

I’m pleased to confirm that the Floral Fringe Fair will be back on the 4th/5th of June, at Leonardslee Gardens near Cowfold, and we are again invited to provide a Jensen Owners Club display on the Saturday 4th – There’s 10 spaces available so let me know if you are interested. This one of the few that is excellent for serious gardeners and plant lovers, as well as classic car enthusiasts!

Cranleigh Classic Car Show has announced it will be back on Saturday 14th August, and I’ve requested registration details for clubs so that we can have a display, again please tell me if you’d like to come.
It also looks like Capel Classic Car and Bike Show will return on Saturday 20th August, and it too has incorporated the village Horticultural Show in the past.

Please let me know if you are interested in displaying your car at any of these shows.

Our next meet at the White Horse, Maplehurst will be on Thursday October 21st, and Chris and I look forward to seeing many of you there.

Happy Jensening

David

Return to “South Downs Area”