National Drive It Day 26th April and Club Meetings Cancelled

see inside for newsletters, contacts and planned events etc

Moderator: david wright

david wright

National Drive It Day 26th April and Club Meetings Cancelled

Post by david wright »

After consulting with the chairman of the club, and taking the the FBHVC guidance which is to suspend all gatherings we are now following the government’s advice, and are cancelling our monthly meetings at the White Horse, Maplehurst for both April and May, and we’ll review the situation after that.

It is now inevitable that we should formally cancel the Drive It day run and BBQ on 26th April.

It may be possible to re-arrange the BBQ for the autumn, and if any members would like to do the drive independently, I’m happy to email the route of 30 miles to you. I certainly plan to take my car out somewhere on the 26th, and wave to other classic drivers!

No doubt you will have seen the posting on the General Discussion section indicating that all Jensen Owners Club sponsored events will be cancelled. As far as South Downs Area is concerned, that is just the Hampton Court Concours, so we may not be attending that this year. The Floral Fringe Fair organisers are looking at postponing until August, if Leonards Lee Gardens can offer them a slot. Further information is awaited on Capel and Cranleigh, as these are further away in time.
As information comes available, i'll let members know.
In the meantime keep safe and healthy,
David
C-V8 Mk III 112/2328
MGA 1600 Mk II
Vast Collection of Models of British sports cars.

Return to “South Downs Area”