National Drive It Day 24th April

see inside for newsletters, contacts and planned events etc

Moderator: david wright

david wright

National Drive It Day 24th April

Post by david wright »

South Downs Area plans to go to the Bluebell Railway to ensure our cars are on the road for Drive It Day, and I’ve booked 12 spaces outside the station building at Sheffield Park for 12 cars, from where we can travel on the railway, and enjoy lunch.

We plan to be at the White Horse, Maplehurst, to start the drive at 9.30am on Sunday 24th, and so far I’ve had confirmations from owners of 1 Interceptor, 1 541, and 1 Triumph TR6, together with my C-V8!

Our drive and display is publicized on the Bluebell Railway website, with a picture of Jensens displayed at Hampton Court.
http://www.bluebell-railway.co.uk/bluebell/events" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Anyone around the south east planning on taking their Jensen out on the 24th April - why not join us?
If you'd like to support this event with us, please email me.

I look forward to hearing from you

David
C-V8 Mk III 112/2328
MGA 1600 Mk II
Vast Collection of Models of British sports cars.
Michael Richardson

Re: National Drive It Day 24th April

Post by Michael Richardson »

April 24th. David,how did it go ?
david wright

Re: National Drive It Day 24th April

Post by david wright »

Hi,
Thanks for your interest Michael. It was a cool but dry day, and 2 Jensens plus a Rolls Royce Silver Shadow, Jaguar XJGT and a BMW all drove in convoy to the Bluebell Railway, and classics parked up outside the station.
We rode the train and had a great time, met some new friends, and will do it again.
Cheers
David
C-V8 Mk III 112/2328
MGA 1600 Mk II
Vast Collection of Models of British sports cars.

Return to “South Downs Area”