Planned Events for 2016

see inside for newsletters, contacts and planned events etc

Moderator: david wright

david wright

Planned Events for 2016

Post by david wright »

South Downs has a busy calendar this year, and here are some of the planned events -

11th-13th March – Spring Weekend at Shillingford Bridge Hotel –Chris and I will be there.
24th April - Drive it Day – a trip to the Bluebell Railway, with space for 12 cars booked at Sheffield Park Station
14th May – Rejen Open Day – Jason and Alison will be hosting this event at their new premises near Winchester – we plan for a group of cars to support them going from South Downs!
4th June - Knepp Castle Floral Fringe Fair – we have a reserved space in front of the house for a Jensen display of 12 cars, so please let me know if you’re interested in coming.
8th –10th June – International – Chris and I are going, and it’s so close you can just come for the day, and celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the
Interceptor and FF, with cars arriving back on the Friday evening!
4th July – Our Annual summer Picnic on the Downs – all are welcome, with coffee back at chez Chris and David
24th July – Amberley Classic Car Summer Picnic – a nice leisurely show
31st July – Storrington Classic Car Show – SADCASE’s 1st major show, so if you’re a member, come and show your car, if not come and visit!
7th August – Broome Hall, near Dorking – a small show for 100 cars on the estate – not sure this will go ahead so don’t bank on it yet!
14th August – Cranleigh Classic Car Show – our main local show – 16 Jensens last year – I'd like to have more so comer and support the club Stand!
17th August – South Downs BBQ – at the White Horse
2nd – 4th September – Windsor Castle Concours D’Elegance – a number of South Downs cars will be featuring in our 20 car club display along the Long Walk, so come and join us. Still needed another example of an FF, or an S-V8 or very early cars, and I've got 19 expressions of interest, so we're almost there barring last minute hiccups!

In amongst that splendid package for the year are other ideas, including a visit to the Haynes Motor Museum at Sparkford in the Spring. This is being checked out and further details will be available soon.
In the meantime, do let me know if you are interested in coming to any of these events, and do come along to the monthly meetings – very informal, and very sociable, first Monday of each month at the White Horse, next one is tonight!
Happy Jensening

David and Chris
C-V8 Mk III 112/2328
MGA 1600 Mk II
Vast Collection of Models of British sports cars.

Return to “South Downs Area”