New Area Rep for South Downs!

see inside for newsletters, contacts and planned events etc

Moderator: david wright

david wright

New Area Rep for South Downs!

Post by david wright »

Hello Everybody,
Some will know me well, others may not have heard of me, but for better or for worse, I’ve just been elected your Area Rep. for the South Downs Area.
This area seems to cover all the RH post codes from Horsham to the coast, all the BN codes in East Sussex, and some of the TN codes in Kent.
For some years, the Area monthly meeting has been at the White Horse, Maplehurst, home of Beth and Simon Johnson, who have a MkI C-V8 awaiting restoration!
My first tasks have been to work my way through the 50+ entries on the Club’s database, send out letters, e-mails and make phone calls to introduce myself.
Hopefully I will be expanding the number of e-mail addresses very soon.
I’ve been a Jensen (C-V8 MkIII) owner for 10 years now, and feel a great pride in being a part of a strong, and very friendly club. I hope I can develop the social activities and events side of our area, and do want to make sure that there are some events in East Sussex and Kent.
I've e-mailed round a list of events that I'd like to support, and I hope there will be something there that might interest you.
Equally, if you have something you wish to suggest, spares to find, or spares to sell/exchange, I’m happy to pass the information around, as I intend to get a Newsheet out every couple of months at least. so, please let me have your news on restorations, events, or just anything you’d like to share!

Finally, I'd like to thank Hugh Allen for his commitment in coming to the monthly meets as rep all the way from Bexhill, and for his determination to help people keep their cars on the road - he certainly achieved that for me with a replacement rear axle a few years ago! Hugh's a busy man these days, but hopefully, he'll still be visiting us from time to time, and giving us the benefit of his knowledge.
So, do let me know if you’re coming to any of the events around our part of the world, as I’d really like to meet those of you who I have not met so far.
Watch this space!
David Wright
C-V8 Mk III 112/2328
MGA 1600 Mk II
Vast Collection of Models of British sports cars.

Return to “South Downs Area”