National Drive It Day 24th April 2022

see inside for newsletters, contacts and planned events etc

Moderator: david wright

sarea2

National Drive It Day 24th April 2022

Post by sarea2 »

I’ve booked a patch of the lawns at Hever Castle, near Edenbridge, for this day, for a Jensen Display, and there’s no limit on numbers of cars, as long as they know beforehand, and will rope it off accordingly for when we arrive.

They want us to arrive by 10.00am, to be sure of all being assembled prior to public coming in and wandering around. The cost for entry for those in a group, (minimum 15) is £10.05 per person currently, and may go up slightly for next year. That gets you into the gardens, then there’s a separate charge if you want to go into the castle.

So, we can plan to meet up in various places depending on where members are coming from, but I’d welcome a sprinkling of cars representing all models, not just Interceptors please!

It’s their “Tulip Weekend” so should be lots of public to admire our motors!

Can you please let me know by end of November if you'd like to join us?
sarea2

Re: National Drive It Day 24th April 2022

Post by sarea2 »

The display at Hever Castle is coming along fine, with 4 Interceptors, 2 early Interceptors, 2 C-V8s, and a GT.
We really need some Healeys, early cars, and an FF!

The display area can take more cars, and we#'ll be placed in front of the Castle on the lawns, for all to see.

Chris and I will be organising a "treasure hunt/quiz" around the gardens for those who want another challenge, and we'll find a place to rendezvous nearby, to roll in together.

The cost of entry will be around £10.00 and all facilities will be open.

Do please contact me if you want to know more, or to take part.
David - southdowns@joc.org.uk
david wright

Post by david wright »

At the end of March, the National Drive It Day, Sunday, 24th April, in the South East is proving very popular!

The outcome of inviting members from all the surrounding Areas is a grand total of 29 Jensens are coming! This has to be a regional record, and there has to be an article and photos !

Does anyone have a drone they could bring for the overhead one?

Thanks to all who have said they are coming,

David
C-V8 Mk III 112/2328
MGA 1600 Mk II
Vast Collection of Models of British sports cars.
david wright

Post by david wright »

Update - 31 Jensens are committed to this event, which is great news for me, so with a fine day we should have a great time!
David
C-V8 Mk III 112/2328
MGA 1600 Mk II
Vast Collection of Models of British sports cars.

Return to “South Downs Area”