Dedicated Jensen owner to come and tune a mk3 interceptor

see inside for newsletters, contacts and planned events etc

Moderator: ffdave

Richard Gregory

Dedicated Jensen owner to come and tune a mk3 interceptor

Post by Richard Gregory »

I need a dedicated Jensen mechanic for the knowledge and requirements will pay you for your r time and effort I'm based in Essex problem is carburettor has been messed about with carb is a Carter engine is 440 and is missing since been put back on the road after 9 years when wasn't previous to that ht leads been replaced spark plugs are here with me just need to be fitted in witch will be done car is seriously over fuelling and secondary vent has lost tension taken it to a place called track and road to have it tuned and have it put on rolling road and was very ignorant and was told to scrap it hence why I want someone tha loves the cars that knows the car inside out and can come and get running perfectly
VFK44
Co-Administrator

Re: Dedicated Jensen owner to come and tune a mk3 intercepto

Post by VFK44 »

As has been mentioned in your other post, possibly the top man in the whole country for that sort of job is Dave Barnett - and he is in Hornchurch! Complete no-brainer who to take it to. If you haven't worked out how to PM someone - in this case ffDave, who is moderator for the Essex Area forum section - put up another post on here and we'll assist.
"Now that chassis number is particularly interesting ‘cos it’s the one after the one before, which is the one after mine, not many people know that"
Stephen, Epping, Essex
Richard Gregory

Re: Dedicated Jensen owner to come and tune a mk3 intercept

Post by Richard Gregory »

Hi thanks have some to him and coming round on Thursday thanks for ya help I changed the spark plugs dizzy and rotor and has stopped misfiring running quite tasty apart from secondary's not working and over fuelling I re run the fuel pipe to the carb cause just didn't seem to make much sense as to why fed pipe around the header expecting a hot running engine to not evaporate the petrol in the metal pipe got to ring rejen in morning as a capicitor kind of thing next to carb when plugged in smokes to high heaven and don't think it's mean to be doing that this is what happens when ya leave ya car nine years to expect it to run perfect when ya do decide to finally put back on road

Return to “Essex Area”