Forum areas rationalised

Not all the club's local areas are on the forum - for more details see inside
zacmarshall

Forum areas rationalised

Post by zacmarshall »

Some area reps have stuff going on but don't use the forum, other areas seem to be dead so I have tidied up the areas.
C-V8 II 104/2146 CHJ 948B
ex FF II, Interceptor I, II and III, SP, GTs and Healeys. You might say I got the bug....
JOC Member No. 5061
VFK44
Co-Administrator

Re: Forum areas rationalised

Post by VFK44 »

If, despite a Forum area not having been used all year, there is a sudden need to resurrect it, the moderators will be happy to restore it. The aim is to improve the Forum by tidying it, not make judgements!
"Now that chassis number is particularly interesting ‘cos it’s the one after the one before, which is the one after mine, not many people know that"
Stephen, Epping, Essex
zacmarshall

Post by zacmarshall »

Thanks Stephen, that's what I'd said in the email to the area reps involved, my post could have been a little more diplomatic :oops:
ex FF II, Interceptor I, II and III, SP, GTs and Healeys. You might say I got the bug....
JOC Member No. 5061
Jens
Dr. Umlaut & Area Rep for Germany

Post by Jens »

More diplomatic Zac?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=w23oPQdnNH8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
In order of appearance:

(sold) C-V8 Mk III 112/2432
541 S 102/1035
(sold) FF MkII 127/243 (sold)
Healey Mk II 1140/14406
(sold)Jensen GT 1610/30257(sold)
Scimitar GTE SE5
Gordon Keeble #21
Grant

Post by Grant »

Cleaning Women :twisted: .. Cleaning Women :evil: The Cleaning Women :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
"Monkey Man"sig RegistrarImage
DaveT
JOC 541 Registrar

Post by DaveT »

HI, can I ask for the Essex area to be reinstated in this part of the forum, please?

thanks

Dave T
Dave Turnage
Colchester

JOC 8674
JOC 541 Registrar
541S, 100/1061
541R, 6002/387 (now in lots of pieces!)
Alvis speed 25 DHC
RockyUSA

Post by RockyUSA »

Grant wrote:Cleaning Women :twisted: .. Cleaning Women :evil: The Cleaning Women :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Is that a reference to "Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid"?

- Funny Movie.

Rocky
‘71 TVR Vixen 2500 - (M Series Tribute)
'72 Interceptor III - 133/5597
'73 DeTomaso Pantera
'74 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ-40
'95 Jaguar XJS Convertible
DaveT
JOC 541 Registrar

Post by DaveT »

DaveT wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 1:33 pm HI, can I ask for the Essex area to be reinstated in this part of the forum, please?

thanks

Dave T
This was raised, again, at the monthly Essex meeting earlier this week……
Dave Turnage
Colchester

JOC 8674
JOC 541 Registrar
541S, 100/1061
Alvis speed 25 DHC
Coverte

Post by Coverte »

DaveT wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:48 am HI, can I ask for the Essex area to be reinstated in this part of the forum, please?

thanks

Dave T

This was raised, again, at the monthly Essex meeting earlier this week……
May I ask if you are now also the area representative for Cambs/Herts/Essex - when I last looked for that area, it showed as being vacant.

Later - I now note there is East Anglia and, separately, Essex - I guess I should try speaking with you both, as the old boundary changes put us in no mans land!
DaveT
JOC 541 Registrar

Post by DaveT »

Hi Mark, I was going to point you to the list of area reps on the club website, but the link from the forum and the link from the web site menu do not seem to be working.

The Essex area is run by Dave Barnett. (Ffdave on the forum, phone number on the back of your club membership card) There is an evening meeting on the first Tuesday of each month in North West Essex, just inside the M25.

The Norfolk and Suffolk area (now called East Anglia) is run by Peter and Lynda Heywood, eastanglia@joc.org.uk. The next meeting is lunchtime the 21 October (Thursday) near Bury St Edmunds. There will be at least one attendee from the Cambridge area.

I suspect the area covering Cambs, Herts still needs a volunteer to put themselves forward.

Hope this helps

Dave

Ps Jane and I are the 541 registrars and are quite busy enough already without being area reps as well!
Dave Turnage
Colchester

JOC 8674
JOC 541 Registrar
541S, 100/1061
Alvis speed 25 DHC
Coverte

Post by Coverte »

DaveT wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:07 pm Hi Mark, I was going to point you to the list of area reps on the club website, but the link from the forum and the link from the web site menu do not seem to be working.

The Essex area is run by Dave Barnett. (Ffdave on the forum, phone number on the back of your club membership card) There is an evening meeting on the first Tuesday of each month in North West Essex, just inside the M25.
The Norfolk and Suffolk area (now called East Anglia) is run by Peter and Lynda Heywood, eastanglia@joc.org.uk. The next meeting is lunchtime the 21 October (Thursday) near Bury St Edmunds. There will be at least one attendee from the Cambridge area.
I suspect the area covering Cambs, Herts still needs a volunteer to put themselves forward.

Hope this helps
Dave

Ps Jane and I are the 541 registrars and are quite busy enough already without being area reps as well!
Thank you Dave, that is very helpful, I can well imagine yours and Jane current workload is quite enough!!

Bury St Edmunds is only about 25-30 miles from my main home, I pass by there regularly as my Mother is in Suffolk and needing increasing help aged 92 and in the winter of life.
Similarly I can jump on the M11 and be on the M25 equally quickly; so have two options!

My cars are stored away from home and in the opposite direction, but only a 10 minute drive on the Herts back-roads.

Thank you again, Mark
KaranMK2
JOC Chairman

Post by KaranMK2 »

Hi, I have read this post and have asked Raj to look into the issue with the links.

Kind regards,
Karan
zacmarshall

Post by zacmarshall »

Raj has subcontracted the work to me (something about needing to pack before flying off tomorrow :-) )

I have emailed David as the links from the website work fine for me.

I have also reactivated the Essex forum.

KaranMK2 wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:34 pm Hi, I have read this post and have asked Raj to look into the issue with the links.

Kind regards,
Karan
JOC Member No. 5061

Return to “Local areas & International”